Anime and Manga - It's time for you to finish what you've started and watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

InsaneCommander

8 minutes ago, majestic said:

Having a time travelling daughter?

Diavolo already did that.

• Confused 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Stone Ocean 27

Spoiler

Flying in a JoJo episode.

What could possibly go wrong?

"He'll tell us after a good beating."

"That bastard with the boob window."

Oh, Jolyne and Ermes, never change!

Stone Ocean 28

Another gem:

73no2s.jpg

Rohan will be jealous.

Stone Ocean 29

Did I mention anything about

Spoiler

flying in a JoJo episode?

Which reminds me of this meme:

fly.png

Was Jolyne turning into Anya? So many "shock" moments!

jg5.png

Btw,

Spoiler

I'd have assumed the children were more illusions. I'm glad I was not in Jolyne's place.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

Usagi has a fight with her mother over not having cheese in her omelette and runs away from home, eventually ending up with Rei when Zoisite finishes his 'Requiem for a Princess', the music sheets coalesce into a monster and the monster begins to attack princesses all over Japan with a... song, and the Guardians with CGI notes.

1IDPmuH.png
Pretty sure they stole that idea from a Mario game or two.

It's strange to see Rei and Usagi get along as well as they do. It's not them being friends that is strange, but Rei had plenty of opportunities to berate Usagi in this one and she never did. It's unnatural, I tells ya.

Edit: Usagi starts crying when she learns that they're all from the Moon Kingdom, because it means her mother isn't her real mother. I shall award a bonus point for bringing it up. I'll deduct it when they inevitably come up with a contrived, silly explanation. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Anyway, how often do you guys think they had to re-shoot that scene?

iSgK6jx.png

I'd love to see an outtake reel for that episode. Looking all serious like that, talking to a plush toy, with that dialogue? Yeah, no. Rei looks like she's about to burst into laughter, just half a second later she's hard at work keeping the corners of her mouth from forming a big grin. :banana:

Edit: Usagi and Makoto transform into nurses to sneak into the hospital where Minako is after a minor car accident. I... I think that's it. I officially really enjoy watching this series. Bizzare, but there it is.

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

iSgK6jx.png

I'd love to see an outtake reel for that episode. Looking all serious like that, talking to a plush toy, with that dialogue? Yeah, no. Rei looks like she's about to burst into laughter, just half a second later she's hard at work keeping the corners of her mouth from forming a big grin. :banana:

Edit: Usagi and Makoto transform into nurses to sneak into the hospital where Minako is after a minor car accident. I... I think that's it. I officially really enjoy watching this series. Bizzare, but there it is.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Minako's manager is incredibly... flamboyant and effeminate.

098b00a76bba424a56f69dced8ac841d34b7dbb7

Okay, that's enough about this for now, I guess. :p

Edit: Minako thinks Makoto and Usagi figured out that she's Sailor V, but they're just there for an autograph. Judging by her reaction, I think that might mean she'll be serious Minako. Well, boo.

Edited by majestic
  • Sad 1

Watched Usagi Drop yesterday. That was a nice, down to earth anime, without any of the usual cringe bs. Shame there are only 11 episodes, I really wouldn't mind more of this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Spy X Family 23: The End of Tennis

Anya shows up for only a few minutes but still manages to do several Anya faces.

• Like 1

Stone Ocean 30-31

We finally learn about some characters' past. Jolyne's pursuit slows down to a snail's pace.

There were several things I didn't understand:

Spoiler

1- Why did the racists freak out about Weather Report but not about Pucci? Are they racist only against white men that have a black father?

2- Why didn't Whitesnake defend Pucci by simply removing disks from Weather Report and Anasui? I'd never have approached Pucci because of that.

3- Why did Jolyne get envious of the snails? Does she want to "make sex with anyone who approaches"?

4- And why did her breasts turn into shells?🤣

Spy x Family 23

The tennis tournament is over and they get the dangerous and shocking evidence that could reignite the war.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

21 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Jolyne's pursuit slows down to a snail's pace.

ae8.gif

• Haha 1

Usagi helps Minako escape from the hospital and her possessed manager. They end up in a store to buy new clothes for Minako because she got hers dirty in the escape, then the shop lady tells her that her fans are piling up outside. Usagi puts on Minako's old clothes, undoes the braids of her heir, puts on a hat and says that she'll distract them so Minako can escape. Minako wants to say something, but Usagi is off already.

Minako: "But... there's a back door. She really is an idiot."

• Gasp! 1

21 hours ago, majestic said:

iSgK6jx.png

Luna is a toy cat? Really?🤣

• Haha 1

sign.jpg

13 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Luna is a toy cat? Really?🤣

Yes, of course she is. She's also really terrible CGI when having to go somewhere or an obvious hand puppet, depending on the episode budget and the scene. The most hilarious part is, when she's a plush toy, she really is a plush toy. When Ami first sees Luna, she talks to her, and Usagi comes to Ami and says: "I saw you talking to my plushie."

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

Stone Ocean 33-35

patience.png

Pucci takes a tour and loses his patience. Jolyne and the others find out the gravity of the situation.

Spoiler

As Ermes points out, how stupid it is when you are running from the police, steal a car and put a child to drive it?

I guess Jotaro's disk was damaged after all. One punch instead of Ora Ora and the enemy runs away.:facepalm: But I don't blame him for not considering that someone who manipulates gravity can affect time somehow and notice what happens during the time stop. He had just arrived there.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

KoTH is Texas Anime anyway, I hear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Stone Ocean 33-35

patience.png

Pucci takes a tour and loses his patience. Jolyne and the others find out the gravity of the situation.

Reveal hidden contents

As Ermes points out, how stupid it is when you are running from the police, steal a car and put a child to drive it?

I guess Jotaro's disk was damaged after all. One punch instead of Ora Ora and the enemy runs away.:facepalm: But I don't blame him for not considering that someone who manipulates gravity can affect time somehow and notice what happens during the time stop. He had just arrived there.

0b9.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Forgot to say: it's Morbin Moebin' time!

Reveal hidden contents

Stone_free_mobius_strip_.jpg

Stone Ocean 36-38

Pucci gets what he wanted, although it may not be what he expected.

Spoiler

It was hilarious that he said knowing your destiny would bring peace and even so he couldn't accept he was dying.🤣

As usual, I could point out lots of dumb moves by the heroes, but I'll limit myself to saying that Weather Report would be absurdly effective in the ocean even if whoever used it had no experience...

Irene and the new characters look close enough to the previous versions that even if they have different souls it kinds of invalidates what Pucci said. Destiny basically recreated them because they are "predetermined and not created by happenstance". Weren't those his words? I actually expected they would get involved and screw his vision even more.

On 12/5/2022 at 3:23 AM, Lexx said:

Was this really Dio's idea tho?

Reveal hidden contents

to be honest, I'm a bit bummed out by the ending since this is pretty much a soft reboot of the franchise. It doesn't really feel as if anything up to this point matters now, since everyone is different now anyways.

Still, hope they will continue with Steel Ball Run now, even though it's probably going to have no connections to anything at all(?).

I agree. I don't like when things like this happen. However, if Steel Ball is a reboot anyway, it might not make much difference.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Pucci gets what he wanted, although it may not be what he expected.

At least he can eat cherries without disconnecting the stem from the seeds.

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

I agree. I don't like when things like this happen. However, if Steel Ball is a reboot anyway, it might not make much difference.

Steel Ball Run is kind of a reboot, an alternate Johnny Joestar fights the pre- you know what, it's too weird to explain.

• Confused 1

Started watching The Irregular at Magic High School, but not sure how much of that I will be able to bear, since I figured out this is some sort of cringe incest anime.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Chainsaw Man 10: The Training Arc Begins (With the Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World????)

Sort of like one of those half episodes that somewhat reestablishes the show. An alcoholic appears and starts training Denji and Power by killing them repeatedly. Aki has to make another contract because the Fox Devil is mad at him.

Space Dandy 1: The Legend Begins And Ends.

I think this is making fun of 50's and 60's episodic sci-fi with a bunch of one-off episodes. It's great, just the sort of light-hearted stuff to go with after Narutaru, Chainsaw Man, and MADE IN HEAVEN's JoJo shenanigans. Also, it looks amazing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Space Dandy

Did they ever do s2 of that. I completely forgot about the show.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP