Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 5

Gromnir

3 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Why?

artworks-jzkp1xKnjxLHDic6-hguQPA-t240x24

There are so many weird bugs I have trouble keeping up.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

More datamining

TL;DR: More stuff for Shifter has been added, as well as more stuff for a (probable) Shifter companion. I will bet $100 and someone else's soul that first new DLC is gonna be the class and companion.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Killed all the slavers I could in the Flesh Markets. I left the meat ball that captured Suture for last and even so it was a huge mess. One moment the boss had lost a few dozen hp, then I focused on healing the party and when I checked again he had lost 500 more hp. I didn't have patience to scroll up the log and find out who did it, but it was either Seelah, Arue or one of the summons. After he died, I moved the whole party away to heal again. Surprisingly the battle still hadn't ended. A few guards still fought with my summons and Krebus, who I left alive because he sold some useful items, decided to join them and bite (???) my summoned Shadow Demon. I guess he is as crazy as the slaves he sold.:shrugz:

Spoiler

Krebus.jpg

I couldn't find the Pathfinder guy after the battle. He probably didn't make it.

• Thanks 1

sign.jpg

3 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Reveal hidden contents

Krebus.jpg

I couldn't find the Pathfinder guy after the battle. He probably didn't make it.

our most recent act iv run is six months in the rear-view mirror, so take with a grain o' salt, but our gristoff (sp?) took up residence in the bad luck tavern post slave market apocalypse. am guessing he knew how to get a room where he wouldn't be the target o' murder while sleeping in the establishment. should be a dialogue option to learn his secret, but owlcat didn't think to add anything o' the sort.

HA! Good Fun!

ps the chaplain dlc scroll & potions merchant no longer sells 99 pillars of life scrolls, at least not in act iii. doesn't sell any pillars of life scrolls following one o' the more recent patches. as such, no playful darkness cheese via the purchased scroll route. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Other peoples mileage may vary, but in my game, Ywrag the Defiant is back in the last room on treasure island nine... yes, same game where I put that quest on hold after I cleared out everything else on the first nine islands, sans the last boss on island nine, who was a no-show. No need to repeat the grind to get there, I could pick up progress where I had left it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Other peoples mileage may vary, but in my game, Ywrag the Defiant is back in the last room on treasure island nine... yes, same game where I put that quest on hold after I cleared out everything else on the first nine islands, sans the last boss on island nine, who was a no-show. No need to repeat the grind to get there, I could pick up progress where I had left it.

your experience matches ours

we finished the act iii available midnight isles dlc material w/o any major additional hiccups, though the undertows is behaving a bit wonky. 

downside is am planning on doing the midnight fane next and then picking up the act iv accessible dlc areas. unfortunately, our plan were to dispatch playful darkness with stacked pillars o' life as well as beating the critter into submission with finnean. two problems: 1) the dlc merchant no longer offers pillars of life scrolls; and 2) finnean is no longer a brilliant energy weapon in act iii. 

considering we don't use creeping doom, our playful darkness approach is kinda fubar. the Gromnir plan took a direct hit from skynet (owlcat).

HA! Good Fun!

ps to be fair, up until the release o' the new dlc, our pillars o' life options were limited to answering the following question: how many pillars will sosiel cast?  as such, the only thing that changed insofar as our playful darkness approach compared to previous runs is finnean now being presumable unbugged, 'cause it were always a bit curious that the final upgrade for finnean in act v were a downgrade... which am not gonna complete spoil.  nevertheless, we were looking forward to both sosiel and nenio casting 'bout ten pillars o' life pre combat via scrolls and that aspect o' the new plan is toast. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Gasp! 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Of course... now that I've abandoned the trickster path and gone all legend, I find the broken trickster 😝

I've probably been playing too much Guild Wars 2 the last few years, so I'm so used to level scaling, it comes as a slight system shock when it doesn't happen. I found the opposition worth buffing and preparing for on the first few islands in act iii. Sort of got out of habit doing that when doing the next islands in act iv. In act v... it was mostly just a sight seeing trip, with no need to rest between the last few islands. Remember sun block... Still something to do I suppose, as it's still in my journal. I guess I better go back and talk to the helmsman.

Edit: Ahahh... when you reach the last Island it sort of repeats. The overland map of the islands look similar, but the local maps (at least for island i, second round) is different. Looks more like a map from a Wasteland or a Fallout game 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Funny: I find myself fairly annoyed that the "Banner over the Citadel" bug persists. I would've had some time to play the game today (definitely not a given like it was 30 years ago), but I don't want to endanger the whole run when just loading my save game presents me with an obvious bug.

So, it turns out the Abyss is the best of all planes. You can slaughter people on the streets even if you are Good. And nobody complains. Well, some do, but that just means more corpses. And no need to feel guilty, Slavers need to be stopped and anyone offended by the massacre of the Fleshmarkets is not that different, right?

Time to talk to every single npc.🙂

Azata path:

Spoiler

Aivu was kidnapped and the quest ended with Early Sunset revealing himself as Mephistopheles. Apparently I’m a bigger problem to hell than all the demon lords combined.:shrugz:

Edit: it was really satisfying when he said I don't obey even the cosmic rules that chaotic gods have to respect or something like that.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

sign.jpg

I bought most of the slaves. Set some free (leaving them to fend for themselves), sent some to my camp as demon fodder (I expected a fight to come up) and sent some to die in the arena to buy myself some demon goodwill 😇

Yes, playing chaotic to the max...

Halfway through second round of treasure islands. I hope it wont wrap around and present me with a third set of islands, as it is getting a bit samey by now. Main difference being enemies being bigger and ready to jump you immediately when you open a door 😔

Best treasure so far I would say was the gadget for Tricksters (ironically after I buried trickster and went legend)

• Like 2

Just started a Lich run, time to be an evil bony gal who sacrifices everything and everyone for power. I wish that the Lich looked more like canon PF liches instead of just the skelly, I like the creepy factor of stretched skin and dead eyes more than being bony. But anyways, Silly Little Cat > Thirsty Lizard Goat. I would rather travel with someone as deranged as Wenduag than have to hear another one of Lann's jokes or sue him for sexual harassment.

Oh, and I played with Photomode and discovered that during the (close to) opening cutscene and found out that a headless dragon is under the city before Deskari shows up. Maybe I'll post when I get home.

9 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

So, it turns out the Abyss is the best of all planes. You can slaughter people on the streets even if you are Good. And nobody complains. Well, some do, but that just means more corpses. And no need to feel guilty, Slavers need to be stopped and anyone offended by the massacre of the Fleshmarkets is not that different, right?

Time to talk to every single npc.🙂

Azata path:

Reveal hidden contents

Aivu was kidnapped and the quest ended with Early Sunset revealing himself as Mephistopheles. Apparently I’m a bigger problem to hell than all the demon lords combined.:shrugz:

Edit: it was really satisfying when he said I don't obey even the cosmic rules that chaotic gods have to respect or something like that.

Sounds like you're living the best Azata life.

So Azata is the only one who can massacre the flesh market, everyone else leaves Aivu's kidnapper alive because they're a hologram. Between suggesting raiding the Midnight Fane early and wanting killing slavers, Aivu is a very good influence.

The number 2 guy in Hell himself shows up on the Azata because you've got him scared. Sounds like the Azata is doing their job very well. I don't want to spoil Act 5 for you, but it should be obvious now what the Act 5 Azata quest will bring.

• Like 3

azata, unlike most mythic paths, avoids punishing you with incongruous alignment choices. is few head scratcher moments with azata. is a whole lotta whimsy moments with azata. am thinking azata is the mythic least likely to frustrate player expectations. 

however, is not much payoff for the azata mythic path from a storytelling pov. the elysium option has humorous and charming moments, but if you are expecting more than good conquers all, then you will be disappointed. people like aivu, but if you are expecting more than the cookie schtick and aforementioned whimsy, you will be left wanting and aivu is a fair representation o' azata in general.  

am actual ok with azata 'cause a few o' the other paths we find genuine frustrating, but am not gonna try and convince anybody that owlcat did a fantastic job with the writing. given our expectations and experience with other mythics, not frustrating were enough. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KP From Another World said:

Sounds like you're living the best Azata life.

36 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

azata, unlike most mythic paths, avoids punishing you with incongruous alignment choices.

It doesn't even require any effort. I talk to random people and some attack me.:shrugz:

13 hours ago, bugarup said:

I don't suppose you can leave my little pony Lolcookiez in Hell where it belongs, can you.  :down: Asking for a possible future playthrough friend. 

Somebody said on reddit that they ignored the quest and Aivu simply rejoined the party when they came back from the Abyss. Maybe it was a bug from a year ago. Or she simply discovered there are no cookies in the Abyss and escaped by herself.

sign.jpg

8 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

It doesn't even require any effort. I talk to random people and some attack me.:shrugz:

Somebody said on reddit that they ignored the quest and Aivu simply rejoined the party when they came back from the Abyss. Maybe it was a bug from a year ago. Or she simply discovered there are no cookies in the Abyss and escaped by herself.

I think the lesson is that Aivu is going to burn down the slave trade with or without you. 35 BAB with 8th level spells ain't nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

22 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

I think the lesson is that Aivu is going to burn down the slave trade with or without you. 35 BAB with 8th level spells ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Well, that is the reason I reloaded and fought for their freedom instead of buying them. When your 5 year old companion is more outraged by slavery than you, it's time to reconsider your actions.

That probably sounded very nice and dignified of me, but I just took that 5 year old into the brothel.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

14 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Well, that is the reason I reloaded and fought for their freedom instead of buying them. When your 5 year old companion is more outraged by slavery than you, it's time to reconsider your actions.

That probably sounded very nice and dignified of me, but I just took that 5 year old into the brothel.

00227d736e4dbc4a1fc030419fea5fb4e79cb56f

• Sad 1

before the nerf, aivu caster level were = dragon level. as such her greater dispel were capable o' debuffing demon lords with with such efficacy people complained. dc were something like 60. breath weapon were also nerfed, but the greater dispel were what we thought were genuine game breaking. she also made an op healer in spite o' not having mass heal; had us alter sosiel to damage/evocation.

'course now she gets barding.

gotta admit she were broken strong as a caster pre nerf.

HA! Good Fun!

6 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

80 hours with her as my companion and it's now I find out Aivu can cast spells?

(Not like I have any cause for complaint, she's a dragon and can talk, of course she can cast spells)

5 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Sheesh. I went all the way to the Abyss with Aivu (in my aborted first playthrough) and never noticed. I do feel stupid now.

To be fair she doesn't get them until MR 4, but it's noticeable after that when she gets an "S" tab in the UI when controlling her. Yall really missed out with that.

4 hours ago, bugarup said:

Cookies are meh and overrated.

What no cookies does to a mf.

1 hour ago, KP From Another World said:

Yall really missed out with that.

Have to agree with that, I'm afraid. But hey, the good news about this is that I've started a new playthrough, so now I can use Aivu properly as soon as the spells appear. But hey, the bad news about that is that the savegame corruption bug still persists so I'm not playing at the moment at all.