56 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I guess Sharpshooter's passive doesn't work with the important weapon enchantments.

That increase the Pen from 11 to 12, +1 Harpooning +2 from thunderous Blow >15, +50% crit > 22.5 instead of 21 without passive.

That is for the first melee crit, after that, since SF & HbD are abilities they scale with PL for acc and pen.

At level 20, multiclassed, HbD have +3 Pen and +12acc. 

For swift Flurry, there is a double-scaling : Level : Ability and PL : Monk. This last give the +0.5pen /PL and +1acc/PL.

So, at level 20, multiclassed, SF have +2.5 pen (+1.5 Monk, +1 ability) and +10Acc (+6 Monk +4ability). 

But of course this is Red Flag Flying that need to crit, and need to get ACC. But the damages come from SF/HbD.

I dont know how many ACC can be stacked with Extendable Buffs like Scordeo's Edge (+20) or Serpent's Crown (+10) for Red flag Flying. 

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

? Sharpshooter's passive should only work for ranged attack rolls. Do the enchantments like Red Flag Fyling count as such?

No you are right, the Pen bonus is applied to "ranged" effects like Keeper of the Flem, not the melee attack. 

5 minutes ago, masterty66 said:

What Monk kit would you use? Helwalker for longer durations on Swift Flurry even though it makes you squishier? 

Why Helwalker should increase the duration of Swift Flurry? 

1 minute ago, Constentin Lévine said:

No you are right, the Pen bonus is applied to "ranged" effects like Keeper of the Flem, not the melee attack. 

Why Helwalker should increase the duration of Swift Flurry? 

I was thinking its kit bonus gave +int as well as +might but it's just +might. Forgot that turning wheel is what gives the int bonus.

I guess any Monk kit except FF would do then. Would depend how glass cannon you wanna be. 

44 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

FF might be good for the added tankiness when you max RES, and the devastating enfeebled affliction from the FF attack. In my experience FF really works wonders on tough foes. Doesn't work on those immune to CON afflictions tho.

Would need to have community patch extra for that to count as a weapon attack. But would probably be pretty good. 

Indeed, you would. With CP another subclass would be better, since you wouldn't have SF/HBD proc chances when using the FF attack in the unmoved game. But the FF attack is a bit weird. Even when playing with CP, I've noticed that the FF attack doesn't do any carnage damage when playing a ravager, despite the fact that it is counted as a weapon attack.

• Like 1

Speaking of potentially good SF/HBD weapons:

I'm not at my desk right now - shouldn't Concelhaut's Draining Touch be a good one? It also weakens on touch and I guess that's a separate roll? But does it count as weapon attack roll, too? 

Besides that it targets Will instead of Deflection so it's extremely easy to debuff for a Wizard with Miasma + somebody with a club and a Wizard has access to a little crit conversion with Merciless Gaze and later also accuracy with Martial Power. 

I guess it stands or falls with the nature of the weaken roll (if there is any in the first place). 

---

Also: Llengrath's Warding Staff. It hobbles vs. Fortitude and also pushes back (don't know if that's another roll, guess it's autohit though). 

🤔

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm not at my desk right now - shouldn't Concelhaut's Draining Touch be a good one?

The corrosive attack is melee but I dont know if the Draining Touch is "weapon". However, the weakened affliction is not melee, meaning no chain-crir in this side!

Also: Llengrath's Warding Staff. It hobbles vs. Fortitude and also pushes back (don't know if that's another roll, guess it's autohit though). 

The push effect is also not melee, in other case the SF combo could be the most funny thing for a Sage, and I will have done a mod that rename the weapon to Llengrath's Warding Lol Staff! Sadly that doesnt work.

8 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Even when playing with CP, I've noticed that the FF attack doesn't do any carnage damage when playing a ravager, despite the fact that it is counted as a weapon attack.

Maybe it is because it is an ability. Is Carnage may working only on auto-attack?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

The corrosive attack is melee but I dont know if the Draining Touch is "weapon".

It is. :)

However, the weakened affliction is not melee, meaning no chain-crir in this side!

The push effect is also not melee

Too bad, thanks for testing.

Is Carnage may working only on auto-attack?

No it also works with abilities - that ability just needs to be executed with a melee weapon (and at least hit and have base damage I presume, else Carnage can't calculate its own fraction of dmg based on that weapon base dmg).  Maybe FF doesn't work because it's not done with an equipped weapon or so?

Edited by Boeroer

Yes, but I guess those still use actual weapons (your fists)? They count as equipped weapons and have base damage for auto-attacks and so on.

It's just a suspection though.

I also suspect that CP's Inner Death wouldn't proc Carnage (using console to add Carnage to an SC Monk of course - just for testing purposes). It's tagged as melee weapon attack but it uses no actual weapon. And Carnage might search for an actual weapon in order to find out its base damage? 

• Like 1

391204034_VANISHINGSTRIKE.thumb.png.e416a5f3d9c3de6e88b2b7c8cd738ea9.png

This is an unique crit from Mohora Tanga with a SC Assassin with Boltcatchers : 226 additional shock damages. The enemy dont have 2 afflictions here, but Deathblow is applied otherwise.

Boltcatchers is superior than Hylea's Talon for melee Chain-Crit purpose, also for Effort (than can crit). 

With the Ajamuut's Stalcking Cloak and Vanishing Strike, the target is stunned as long the chain crit continue. With Entropy, that can be as long the invisibility stay. 

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, but I guess those still use actual weapons (your fists)? They count as equipped weapons and have base damage for auto-attacks and so on.

It's just a suspection though.

I also suspect that CP's Inner Death wouldn't proc Carnage (using console to add Carnage to an SC Monk of course - just for testing purposes). It's tagged as melee weapon attack but it uses no actual weapon. And Carnage might search for an actual weapon in order to find out its base damage? 

Swift Flurry and HbD dont proc Carnage also, for the same reason they dont proc Skald effect or Spell Disruption I presume, so maybe because they are status effects that use a primary attack as value ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing a playthrough with a Berserker/Helwalker with Saru-Sichr and with a Stalker/Monk with Mohora Tanga and both work very nicely, although you really have to use another weapon than the spear when you face very weak enemies. Else the game will instantly close. *!crit overflow!* 😄 I picked Magistrate's Cudgel as a backup weapon. Far less chains against weaklings but no game crash. 👍 Against tough ones the spear is great though.

I now also tested the pike "Wicked Beast" and it's way better than I initially thought. It's not snowballing as crazily as the spear, but the Hounding effect that gets applied has several different variants and during a crit chain all of them can get applied. The knockdown/prone effect of hounding gets prolonged by INT etc. so it's not uncommon for the enemy to be on the ground for over 8 secs. The rest is also useful. The "Bad Dog" self damage of the pike can be annoying, but it's not too bad and actually helps a monk to get wounds (if not Shattered Pillar or FF). You only have to make yourself immune to interrupts because else Bad Dog will interrupt you which is the real annoyance. I used Rekvu's Fractured Casque with a weak injury (acute rash) to make myself immune. And then it's  a real nice weapon for a Monk/Ranger with Swift Flurry/HBD. Also because the pike modal (-10 deflection) helps, the Hounding effect targets Reflex (and not Fortitude like Saru Sichr's and Mohora Tanga's effects) and with Instruments of Pain you will have the awesome melee range of 11 meters.  

• Like 1

I also tried Monk/Fighter with the spear and Clear Out + Mob Stance: due to the multiple chances to cause a chain reaction it very often closes my game even if the enemies are decent. 😄

Wonder if there's the possiblity to prevent that crashing with modding. 

The "Bad Dog" self damage of the pike can be annoying, but it's not too bad and actually helps a monk to get wounds (if not Shattered Pillar or FF).

You can prevent yourself to be hit by the Bad Dog attack while using Blade Turning : that is redirected to the enemy even if you proc the attack by yourself. 

I like this pike !

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1

These weapons work better than I supposed in first instance for every not-monk-classes by the way, provided that they have a high accuracy. The damage are coming from Boltcatcher or Avenging Storm in this case : my SC druid with maxed Per give an additional 362 damages on chain-crit from Mahora's Red Flag :

158678581_mahotatagadruid.thumb.png.36ac58e52d063ad9971e46c99236a67e.png

I dont know what is the MC with the potential higher acc. 

• Like 1

Highest AC should be Ranger/Cipher

I found a way to use the spear's advantages with Swift Flurry but mostly prevent the crashing: put in into the offhand. Red Flag will still proc itself numerous times - but from those red flag attacks a main hand attack is triggered with the other weapon which seems to break the infinite cycle at some point. I'm still one-shotting weak enemies, but the game didn't crash so far. Could be cool with a main hand weapon that does something special on crit - like Sungrazer or whatever. 

Edit: a hand mortar in the main hand is kind of funny: each proc of Red Flag Flying from the offhand spear seems to trigger an AoE shot from the main hand? 🤔

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1