Spark the Souls of the Righteous is not only brilliant with the Least Unstable Coil or Effort+Avenging Storm for the Priest himself, this spell can generate an untouchable point of damaging pulsation.

The effect (extendable because beneficial) continue to pulse even when the beneficial target (party or the priest) is isolated with Withdraw or Temporal Cocoon. Invisible, untargetable, damage dealer.

With Beetle Shell, the allie is unvulnerable during the effect until the shell break, and he stay able to receive friendly effect ; the Spark the Souls of the Righteous effect also work well, like riposte effect etc.

We cant target every summon with the spell, barbaric totems sadly cant be targeted by the spell (but by Withdraw).  

• Like 7

Has anyone tried a party of 4 SC rangers and a priest? Priest casts Spark the Souls on the party, then Withdraw on themselves. Rangers all cast Shadowed Hunters, then walk around invisible and untargetable with their animal companions, triggering their 8 stacks of Sparks on everything nearby. Enemies have nothing to target and can only watch as they all die 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are attacks from StSotR not counted as attacks from the character who benefits from it (who emits the sparks)? That would mean Shadowed Hunters would get canceled with the first spark - and Blood Frenzy on the Priest wouldn't actually do anything?

Or does StSotR not work like that in Deadfire (it did in PoE and although I used it in Deadfire I never did test its behaviour a lot).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I believe that StSotR counts as an attack from the priest, not the companion or summon on which it is casted, which means it would proc hemorrhaging, etc. from Effort and so forth wielded by the priest, as well as proc inspirations from Least Unstable Coil.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Or does StSotR not work like that in Deadfire (it did in PoE and although a used it in Deadfire I never did test its behaviour a lot).

yeah this is a change from poe1. no more sneak attack bonus damage from a rogue with spark the souls anymore :) 

but it means priest can empower spark the souls and everyone gets a super charged zapper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thelee said:

but it means priest can empower spark the souls and everyone gets a super charged zapper.

Yes, and this is the same thing about why a Priest, with the Least Unstable Coil, can get some inspirations per pulse, even himself he's not affected by SSR. The Fire Shield from Darcozzi Paladin work in a same way. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

The Fire Shield from Darcozzi Paladin work in a same way. 

So an empowered Darcozzi's Lay on Hands + Least Unstable Coil will grant several inspirations to the Paladin because each proc of the fire shield counts as a separate empowered action of said Paladin - no matter onto whom he cast Lay on Hands? Cool - also because it isn't a high PL ability so it's more open to multiclassing shenanigans.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

So an empowered Darcozzi's Lay on Hands + Least Unstable Coil will grant several inspirations to the Paladin because each proc of the fire shield counts as a separate empowered action of said Paladin - no matter onto whom he cast Lay on Hands? Cool - also because it isn't a high PL ability so it's more open to multiclassing shenanigans.

Yes, and kills from the fire shield count for the paladin, for multiclassing perspectives (I'm thinking to Barbarian). 

• Thanks 1