Ukraine Conflict - "A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny"

Mamoulian War

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

IIRC Land Lease will effectively start only around September/October. 

An analysis on their mobilisation along the lines of the interview was published few days ago.

In other news, the strike against Wagner Group in Popasna might not have taken out Prigozhin, but it looks like, it took out their main propagandists. The propaganda Telegram Channel of Wagner Group, The Grey Zone with more than 250k followers is “silent” since August 13 - the day of the explosion.

Edit: and the second big explosion, I’ve mentioned, in Lysychansk, which allegedly took out more than 100 Russian officers, was executed based on the photo, which they released for propaganda purposes, but they did not turned off geolocation, so it contained the exact GPS coordinates of their HQ 🤦‍♂️

The Wagner Group are nothing but barbaric and uncontrolled  mercenaries who have no respect for human life or the Geneva Convention, I hope they suffer severely :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Edit: and the second big explosion, I’ve mentioned, in Lysychansk, which allegedly took out more than 100 Russian officers, was executed based on the photo, which they released for propaganda purposes, but they did not turned off geolocation, so it contained the exact GPS coordinates of their HQ 🤦‍♂️

*sniff*... Darwin would've been so proud! 🥲

Edit: Actions like not removing critical intelligence info from photos... I can hear Ricky Gervais listing the nominees for this years Darwin award.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

14 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Will be interesting to see the extrapolation that goes from this :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Will be interesting to see the extrapolation that goes from this :lol:

Why what do you think will be the extrapolation from this truthful account from a Russian soldier?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

39 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Why what do you think will be the extrapolation from this truthful account from a Russian soldier?

Just anticipating deductions about Russian society and people at large, hence the amusement.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

As we all know Putin has been assassinating and killing people who speak against him for years so this is just an example of one of the other sides doing the same thing. It was inevitable and doesnt surprise me in the least 

John Milton 

Strange to try to kill Dugin, no ?

3 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Strange to try to kill Dugin, no ?

Not really, he is a propaganda mouthpiece of Putin. Comments like he calls for the " obliteration of Ukraine " and other things so he would be a legitimate target for anyone opposed to Putin or  Putins War

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

Dugin was never at Popasna 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, that was referring to the Grey Zone people (who have now posted something) not Dugin.

27 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Not really, he is a propaganda mouthpiece of Putin. Comments like he calls for the " obliteration of Ukraine " and other things so he would be a legitimate target for anyone opposed to Putin or  Putins War

Yeah, guess it would be fine then if someone blew GWBush up with a car bomb?

Probably wouldn't be fine if they blew Jenna or Barbara up instead though, now would it?

Edited by Zoraptor

3 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Yeah, that was referring to the Grey Zone people (who have now posted something) not Dugin.

I might be blind, but there is no mention of Grey Zone in the article at all 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

As we all know Putin has been assassinating and killing people who speak against him for years so this is just an example of one of the other sides doing the same thing. It was inevitable and doesnt surprise me in the least 

I don't think the guy was speaking against Putin... on the contrary. Many consider him the brain behind Putin and the invasion of Ukraine

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28229785

(This article is/was from 2014)

"Alexander Dugin is the founder of Russia's Eurasian movement. His views are believed to be popular among the hawkish Russian elite. Until recently, he was also a professor at Moscow State University, but he says his current status with the university is unclear.

His views have not changed, he says, but attitudes towards his views among those in power may be shifting.

The centrepiece of his geopolitical theory is that Russia's mission is to challenge US domination of the world, with the help of Iran, as well as Eurosceptic parties, which are currently on the rise in Europe.

He has been labelled the brains behind President Putin's wildly popular annexation of Crimea."

The whole Ukraine thing may be his brainchild. The bomb may have been intended as revenge from Ukraine sympathizers in Russia

Edit: It could of course also be a message from Putin, that he is unhappy with the results of listening to Dugin and considering how well Russian assassinations have worked the last 15 years, it would be par for the course (i.e. botched)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

27 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Yeah, guess it would be fine then if someone blew GWBush up with a car bomb?

Probably wouldn't be fine if they blew Jenna or Barbara up instead though, now would it?

No thats not the point, in the world of Russian associated assassinations family members are often collateral damage or get killed 

Blame Putin for setting the precedent, dont get mad at me 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soviet_and_Russian_assassinations

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I don't think the guy was speaking against Putin... on the contrary. Many consider him the brain behind Putin and the invasion of Ukraine

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28229785

(This article is/was from 2014)

"Alexander Dugin is the founder of Russia's Eurasian movement. His views are believed to be popular among the hawkish Russian elite. Until recently, he was also a professor at Moscow State University, but he says his current status with the university is unclear.

His views have not changed, he says, but attitudes towards his views among those in power may be shifting.

The centrepiece of his geopolitical theory is that Russia's mission is to challenge US domination of the world, with the help of Iran, as well as Eurosceptic parties, which are currently on the rise in Europe.

He has been labelled the brains behind President Putin's wildly popular annexation of Crimea."

The whole Ukraine thing may be his brainchild. The bomb may have been intended as revenge from Ukraine sympathizers in Russia

Edit: It could of course also be a message from Putin, that he is unhappy with the results of listening to Dugin and considering how well Russian assassinations have worked the last 15 years, it would be par for the course (i.e. botched)

Yes, he was pro-Putin. He was one of the  propaganda mouthpieces for Putins War

The interesting point is was Putin behind it? I doubt it because they were close so this could be a major change in the internal stability of Russia. Could you ever imagine an assassination attempt within Russia of a Putin ally before Putins War?

John Milton 

Just now, BruceVC said:

Yes, he was pro-Putin. He was one of the  propaganda mouthpieces for Putins War

The interesting point is was Putin behind it? I doubt it because they were close so this could be a major change in the internal stability of Russia. Could you ever imagine an assassination attempt within Russia of a Putin ally before Putins War?

Which is exactly why it wouldn't surprise if it was Putin's way of expressing "dissatisfaction" with the advice he had been give.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Another huge explosion at Chornobaivka/Kherson Airport. I have lost count at attack number 27 against this airport. And it was more than two months ago. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Which is exactly why it wouldn't surprise if it was Putin's way of expressing "dissatisfaction" with the advice he had been give.

Yes, you raise a good point. Its possible 

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

I might be blind, but there is no mention of Grey Zone in the article at all 🤷‍♂️

No you're not blind, the article was about the attempt to blow up Dugin.

Two different issues in the post, 1st was about Dugin, 2nd was about the Grey Zone stuff- they've been posting again as of yesterday.

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

The former... yeah, nah. He's spoken out extensively against Putin in very similar vein to how Girkin/ Strelkov has- he's not going far enough, too populist, too conservative and averse to risk (should have gone to Tblisi, should have invaded Ukraine in 2008 too etc), listens to liberals (like, uh, Medvedev*) too much- something he's repeated many times. Much like Girkin/ Strelkov probably not enough for Putin to bother doing anything about though, as he just isn't very important. Which actually actually makes him a near ideal target since he's got a ludicrously undeserved high profile in the west, but is nowhere near important enough in reality to warrant special protection.

The latter... yeah, that's kind of lol really and one of the reasons my opinions of media coverage are so low. He's got far more in common practically with, as above, Girkin/ Strelkov than Putin. Far, far, far more, and despite the fact he'd probably hate the comparison. He's also not an 'aide' or confidante as described in multiple articles, he- by his own admission- has actually barely even met Putin. He's also wildly divergent in terms of even how much 'intangible' influence he claims to have, ie how much he claims Putin follows his dogma. Sometimes contradicting himself on that question in the same interview. Which is because Putin, of course, isn't really following Dugin much at all, it's just that Dugin described the blatantly obvious Eurasian strategy in a book the media has picked up on.

Problem is journalists reading asterisking wikipedia and referencing each others' bad references instead of actually reading/ listening to Dugin himself.

*ok, technically arch nationalist and complete fruitbat Zhiro was an example of an actual Russian Liberal, but he was talking little l liberal, not big L

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/all/aleksandr-dugin-the-sinister-ideologue-whos-putins-favourite-philosopher-3829SiTsfS8P7UK19PwT4k

For those interested in who Dugin is and not the handwaving of his influence on Putin from Zora 

Interesting read

John Milton 

31 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

No you're not blind, the article was about the attempt to blow up Dugin.

Two different issues in the post, 1st was about Dugin, 2nd was about the Grey Zone stuff- they've been posting again as of yesterday.

Might be to soon in the morning here, but I still do not see any connection to the information, that Grey Zone is posting again. 🤷‍♂️

If they really started to, well I would not be surprised, as the idea, that every single wagner propagandist died in Popasna is as Ridiculous, as the idea of Lavrov not spewing bull**** 🤷‍♂️

In this case, there is still fact, that their channel was silent for 7 days, right after the hit in Popasna, and there is definitely proof by their own post, that there were their lead propagandists on-site. Before the hit, they were posting a lot of content, after the hit, nothing 🤷‍♂️ Which makes claims, that the administrators of the channel have been either dead or injured pretty plausible. So the restart of the channel means, that either the injured guy/s recovered enough to spew his propaganda again, or Prigozhin used his money to transfer the ownership of the channel to different people. Telegram is a company founded by Russians, based in British Virgin Islands and UAE, which pretty much makes the possibility that some kind of ownership transfer might have happened pretty plausible as well 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

The way I understood it, his daughter is also in on the whole pro-Putin extremist propaganda stuff. So don't be sexist and feel pity, she probably deserved this at least as much as her father.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

8 minutes ago, Lexx said:

The way I understood it, his daughter is also in on the whole pro-Putin extremist propaganda stuff. So don't be sexist and feel pity, she probably deserved this at least as much as her father.

Yes she was a known and vociferous  propagandist and called for the genocide of Ukrainians

In most countries being a propagandist doesnt mean you will get assassinated but this is Russia 

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Cheers Bruce, perfectly illustrates the point that "Problem is journalists reading asterisking wikipedia and referencing each others' bad references instead of actually reading/ listening to Dugin himself"

I mean

Labelled by one journalist as “Putin’s brain”,

Wow, one whole journalist. If you want an example of actual handwaving, can't get much better than that.

Thing is, if you, say, called Cheney "Bush's Brain"- or "Bush's Rasputin"- people might disagree, but there would also be a lot of evidence you could point to in support of it.

With this there's... *crickets* when you look for similar evidence of Dugin being "Putin's Brain", let alone things like an aide or confidante. Certainly Dugin himself is consistent on one thing, that he's only an indirect influence. Guess "Putin's episode of Neighbours on in the background while he fixes dinner" while more accurate doesn't quite have the cachet though.

• Hmmm 1