Anime and Manga - ゴゴゴゴ

PK htiw klaw eriF

15 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I think forum cookies just had enough of you posting videos of those astronomically ghastly dudes you always post.

f4b.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Supēsu Kobura aka Space Cobra aka Space Adventure Cobra Episode XI "Suna no Wakusei Zadosu" aka "Zados, the Sand Planet" 

Spoiler

Having deciphered the mystery of the tatoos by using his super computer (which instead of a QWERTY keyboard is an electronic organ keyboard, allowing Cobra to play Bach's " Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565" while he dramatically...alters the color of the pictures he took to red, green and blue channels to overlay and get the secret), Cobra, Dominique and Lady head too Zados the planet where Captain Nelson has left the Ultimate Weapon.

I can't help but wonder what society would be like if you had to play Bach in order to use PhotoShop.  No wonder everyone in the galaxy is either crazy or a criminal. 😛

cobracomputer.png.b727982d1334e27471020fa749bd79f7.png (Cobra at his Computer)

Naturally, things don't go as smoothly for Cobra & co when they get to Zados...

Spoiler

...because, naturally Sandra leader of the Snow Gorillas has tracked them.  Unbeknownst to Dominique, she's been implanted with a tracking device when she joined the Snow Gorillas (as an undercover operative).

Cobra's ship, The Turtle makes short work of Sandra's, but not before Sandra can deploy her sand fighting tank, The Black Sheep.

Cobrablacksheep.png.34e3d5677b1eb4ff476bcb8324435cd4.png (Sandra's Black Sheep)

Cobra is unable to damage the Black Sheep with The Turtle due to the tank's ability to dive underground.  He ends up wasting enough time on it that Sandra gets into the Pyramid with Captain Nelson's treasure first.

Cobra and Sandra fight each other and traps making their way to the King's Chamber of the pyramid.  Cobra seems to have the upper hand, defeating Sandra's weaponry with ingenuity.  But she manages to make it past a trap (as she's riding her robo-dog) that Cobra can't jump past.  As Cobra tries to get out of the trap (involving some incredibly strong teeth), Sandra continues on.

cobrateeth.png.f65801c111f8f69573a308a773b74859.png (Cobra escapes by the skin of his teeth)

Sandra, however, finds her own delay as the King's chamber is surrounded by a lake...and bones...and a snake lady who kills her robo-dog.

cobrasnakelady.png.65838ad5771fd5af11f0fe8be2131a82.png (dog killing snake lady.  She also has fangs).

Cobra arrives and taunts Sandra, but gets attacked by the snake lady and pulled under water.  Sandra works the lock on the chamber free of distractions while Cobra uses the Psychogun to dispatch the snake lady.  He also finds an underground passage into the chamber...and thus awaits Sandra.

cobratreasure.png.8b635cf466f777a1dd91172dae8ea2e2.png (Cobra taunts Sandra while sitting on the treasure)

Cobra offers to split the treasure with Sandra, but this time flying by the seat of his pants bites him in the butt.  He can't recognize the Ultimate Weapon, but Sandra does.

cobrasandraultimate.png.72f8f12d6c6e16c2f7f784a4a01e91cb.png (Sandra takes the ultimate egg)

Sandra awakens the Ultimate Weapon, changing it to a sword and proceeds to try and kill Cobra.  It seems the Ultimate Weapon is one that will adapt to become a weapon to overcome what the eye sees - in this case seeing Cobra holding a treasure sword, it becomes a stronger sword.

1831925496_ultimateweapon.png.75d8d415afa145d0b3a7ff44020e8bf2.png (Eye see a cliffhanger!)

All the pieces are in place for this story-arc's finale, a final confrontation with Sandra where Cobra doesn't dare pull out his psychogun lest the Ultimate Weapon copy and exceeds it's power.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

22 minutes ago, Amentep said:

(Cobra taunts Sandra while sitting on the treasure)

It's a good thing you're giving us descriptive text, because it kinda looked like Cobra broke his neck and was lying there horribly paralyzed without the description...although that interpretation was better.

24 minutes ago, Amentep said:

I can't help but wonder what society would be like if you had to play Bach in order to use PhotoShop.  No wonder everyone in the galaxy is either crazy or a criminal. 😛

cobracomputer.png.b727982d1334e27471020fa749bd79f7.png (Cobra at his Computer)

Guess I'd learn how to play Bach real quick. I mean, how hard can it be? Let me Google it real quick...

firefox_aptqGK4MVV.png

Oh.

• Haha 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Crunchyroll seems to have exactly what I need once I'm done with JoJo's first season... I watched first episode and decided (once I stopped laughing) that it was exactly my kind of humor (note, the Naga can regenerate, besides that there is a minotaur, a medusa and an angel that has lost her halo). They are all summoned by Yurine who lost an eye in the summoning process. There are two seasons, but I'll save both (minus the first episode which I saw) for until after JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hah, majestic wanted the rest of us to watch that one a while back, but none of us bit. Looks like he finally found a kindred soul with the same taste in anime as him, :shifty:.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

5 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Hah, majestic wanted the rest of us to watch that one a while back, but none of us bit. Looks like he finally found a kindred soul with the same taste in anime as him, :shifty:.

Awww... what's not to love about it??? 🥰

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's a good thing you're giving us descriptive text, because it kinda looked like Cobra broke his neck and was lying there horribly paralyzed without the description...although that interpretation was better.

Yeah it was an awkward capture from an awkward piece of animation.  At least they didn't make it look like Sandra was ogling his crotch in the split scene.  Oh...wait a minute...

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

I think forum cookies just had enough of you posting videos of those astronomically ghastly dudes you always post.

e38.png

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

Crunchyroll seems to have exactly what I need once I'm done with JoJo's first season... I watched first episode and decided (once I stopped laughing) that it was exactly my kind of humor (note, the Naga can regenerate, besides that there is a minotaur, a medusa and an angel that has lost her halo). They are all summoned by Yurine who lost an eye in the summoning process. There are two seasons, but I'll save both (minus the first episode which I saw) for until after JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Here's my original post on it:

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

An appreciation for the same sort of absurdist, fourth wall breaking humor, at least. :wub:

I can also proudly claim to not have gotten the insane collector's Naruto reference until someone pointed it out to me that her calling Jashin Omo...something is a reference to it. Whatever reference it actually is, because I'm not going to look it up, but maybe there's a snake-lady in Naruto too. :shrugz:

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Bit of a quick PreCure post:

Spoiler

Honoka and Nagisa worry about having been seen when the school's suddenly abuzz with rumors of Pretty Cure fighting for love and justice and catch two of their friends cosplaying and pretending to be Pretty Cure after they've seen them fight from a distance (probably in the last episode). In fact the two ARE the reason for Pretty Cure being all the rage, leaving Honoka and Nagisa with the unenviable task of trying to talk them out of it before the evil Chocloate Lady shows up and targets them... which predicatbly doesn't work becaues there'd be no episode otherwise.

Evil Chocolate Lady mind controls the fake Pretty Cure and has them attack the real one while an animated wrecking ball keeps chewing the scenery, in both the hammy and more literal way. Lucky for them the mind control messed up their memories and they don't remember who the real Pretty Cure is. Another close call, huh?

The fights in this have the same problem as they do in CCS and Sailor Moon, they do lack a certain amount of tension because really, there's nothing that's going to do any permanent damage to anyone, but that one was pretty good regardless. The mind control memory issue is a nice contrivance, but it's not nearly as bad as Sailor Moon's "disguises" simply working for no reason until someone sees an actual transformation.

This has been consistently entertaining and since the new villain showed up actually pretty good too. Still early in the season so it could potentially degenerate into Sailor Moon SuperS and start having pedophile alicorns called Pegasus or an evil circus and stuff, but if the worst criticism I can come up with is that the setup is derivative and the EVIL KING being one of the most Saturday Morning Cartoon-villainesque, uhm, villains so far, then I've seen much worse, and a lot of that.

A few better shows too, but not nearly as many. Well, I'll know in 35 episodes - or maybe after the second season, because these two get another season. Hmm.

Edited by majestic
Math is hard...
  • Like 1

Orbital Children. Very strange, but **** it I had a good time.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

19 hours ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

Orbital Children. Very strange, but **** it I had a good time.

As far as netflix anime goes, I was surprised by how good it was.

Trailer out for chainsaw man. Maybe I'll watch it as a refresher for the manga whenever that continues.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Now that you mention it, of all the netflix anime I've seen, the ones I really enjoyed were Devilman Crybaby, Aggretsuko, Orbital Children, and Great Pretender. The rest have been mostly forgettable or bad.

• Like 1

Are we talking about Netflix originals or anime published by Netflix outside of Japan too? Not entirely sure I've watched any actual originals besides Devilman Crybaby, and Orbital Children, and I'm not done with that yet.

If it includes published stuff, how can you say that when there's Sailor Moon Eternal...

sa.png

• Gasp! 4

22 minutes ago, majestic said:

Are we talking about Netflix originals or anime published by Netflix outside of Japan too?

The latter, because it's more effort than I can be assed to keep them separate.

24 minutes ago, majestic said:

If it includes published stuff, how can you say that when there's Sailor Moon Eternal...

61826078_2363260623770238_10900492178224

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

4 minutes ago, majestic said:

Speaking of JoJo's, DIO voices Nagisa's father on Futari wa Pretty Cure and it's pretty distracting. :p

Has he rejected his humanity or been seen around construction equipment?

Speaking of which, I just had a major, hearty laugh:

Spoiler

Honoka and Nagisa end up on a vacation together. What a strange coincidence the two think, that they'd end up at the same weird inn by a lakeside together (they came here separately with their families). Thinking that they'll definitely be attacked by the Evil Chocolate Lady now that they're "coincidentially" spending their vacation together, Nagisa says:

1sdfsdfsdf.png

Then:

3nn-here.png

And the OBVIOUS conclusion to the OBVIOUS setup, that's still just so incredibly hilarious it had me rolling on the floor for five minutes:

2hahahahahat.png

22 hours ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

Has he rejected his humanity or been seen around construction equipment?

No, but he picked a creepy inn as vacation spot.

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, majestic said:

No, but he picked a creepy inn as vacation spot.

Was it run by Enyaba?

Jojo%E2%80%99s-Bizarre-Adventure-Episode

• Hmmm 1

23 hours ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

Was it run by Enyaba?

Jojo%E2%80%99s-Bizarre-Adventure-Episode

Yeah, liek, no. Just the old guy type who likes to sneak up on young girls.

2542038a856cda7f8_w.jpg

:p

edit:

Spoiler

Couple more episodes, Kiriya (creepy green eyed transfer student boy who keeps calling Evil Chocolate Lady older sister) is definitely going on a redemption arc, now that he saved Honoka from Poisony (the actual, uh, name of Evil Chocolate Lady).

Episode 16 was a bit of a dud, focussing on a random super popular girl from school for no real reason.

Edited by majestic

17 minutes ago, majestic said:

Yeah, liek, no. Just the old guy type who like to sneak up on young girls.

That's worse.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2022 at 4:38 AM, Sarex said:

Trailer out for chainsaw man. Maybe I'll watch it as a refresher for the manga whenever that continues.

didn't expect this one get anime adaptation

wonder who will voice power

Up to episode 19 of JoJo... that's some bizarre naming conventions 😂

The first super villain (the original "man in the pillar", nick named Santana) is disposed of, but 3 new super villains show up in Rome. Named after bands apparently 🤔

Wham, AC/DC and (The) Cars. A new leader introduced on the side of the "good guys", Lisa Lisa (not a typo) and her maid/servant named after Suzi Quatro.... 🙄

JoJo and Caesar are no match for the villains, who wipe the floor with them, being too unimportant to even kill. However, JoJo, being his charming self (i.e. constantly aggravating) manages to goad them into a challenge. He'll improve his skills so much in a month, that he'll offer them a good fight. Being proud (and vain) super villains, of course they can't resist such a challenge. To add pressure on JoJo, they place poison rings around his aorta and his windpipe, which will dissolve and kill him in 30 something days or so. The only way to safely dispose of them are an antidote for each of the two poisons, carried in the nose piercings of AC/DC and Wham. JoJo and Caesar does the training together, but of course are not exactly the super heroes their ancestors were, but still manage to dispatch AC/DC through some nice team work.

As for what the trio of villains were after, some kind of perfect gem, which was a perfect red aja gem. No, I have no idea what it is. But the stone masks, which turns humans into vampires, are too weak to penetrate the skulls of the super villains, so they need the gem to boost the stone masks and turn them into some kind of legendary super vampires.

The stone got stolen and sent by train in direction Switzerland, where the German army intercepted it before it reached it's destination. The German boss is none other than Von Stroheim (the German antagonist in Mexico), with an all new, mechanical body. That's about where I got to.

The red aja gem when it was still in the hands of the good guys...

Lisa Lisa icon | Jojo's bizarre adventure anime, Jojo bizzare adventure,  Jojo anime

A not so covert mission from Rome to St. Moritz, Switzerland...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Episode 18 - JoJo's Bizarre Encyclopedia | JoJo  Wiki

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

The first super villain (the original "man in the pillar", nick named Santana) is disposed of, but 3 new super villains show up in Rome. Named after bands apparently 🤔

Wham, AC/DC and (The) Cars. A new leader introduced on the side of the "good guys", Lisa Lisa (not a typo) and her maid/servant named after Suzi Quatro.... 🙄

They're all named after musicians or groups. Santana and Lisa Lisa are too, as is SHIIIIIISAAAAAAA's last name. JoJo's is an endless well of music references.  

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1