I really hope Obsidian keep the PoE aesthetic

Esquizo

A 1st person game with the mechanics and setting of Deadfire minus the ridiculous amounts encyclopedia-style dialogue would be perfect and borrowing the 2 companion mechanic from ToW would also be a good idea.'

There's fine line that I hope Obsidian is able to achieve with future iterations.

Edited by ComradeYellow

17 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

A 1st person game with the mechanics and setting of Deadfire minus the ridiculous amounts encyclopedia-style dialogue would be perfect and borrowing the 2 companion mechanic from ToW would also be a good idea.'

There's fine line that I hope Obsidian is able to achieve with future iterations.

Acceptable only if there's a third-person option.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 7:25 AM, kanisatha said:

Acceptable only if there's a third-person option.

Has this been addressed yet? I remember with Outer Worlds it was a smaller project and they just didn't have the resources to invest in 3rd person, but I'd imagine they could give an answer about whether it will be included in Avowed.

21 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Has this been addressed yet? I remember with Outer Worlds it was a smaller project and they just didn't have the resources to invest in 3rd person, but I'd imagine they could give an answer about whether it will be included in Avowed.

Agreed. But I haven't yet heard anything on it.

I do distinctly remember reading a post here in this forum from an Obsidian dev stating exactly what you say, that although they would've liked and preferred to have included a TP option in TOW1, they couldn't because of their limited budget. So now that ought not be an issue, for both Avowed and TOW2.

11 hours ago, kanisatha said:

So now that ought not be an issue, for both Avowed and TOW2.

Correct, they are an appendage to the 2nd largest corporation in the world now and have great life support so if they can't secure the funding to make a great game, well, we may have call capitalism in question once again 😛