I'm playing a ranged character, and decided that I would switch to a longbow for the Engwithan Waystation, since there are skeletons and risen enemies. I thought that the damage type of an attack was determined by the enemies lowest to damage reduction that is applicable to the weapon. I, however, am not hitting for any slash damage with my war bow. Do I not understand the mechanics, or is this a bug? I never noticed it before, and the game has been deteriorating ever since I started playing it on Game pass (Xbox One, if that's relevant). Should I disconnect from the internet, and use the disk? Will that even help?

Lots of questions. Help, someone. This is maddeningly frustrating.

Edited by AAAWiz4rd
Misspelling

Now that I'm looking at it, Serafen isn't doing any damage, either. Nor is Aloth, and he's using a rod. So I'm getting no projectile damage, whatsoever. Where, the other day, I destroyed a totem or sigil or whatever with a bow... it's now reading "immune" when I shoot at it with the same weapon. WHAT IS THIS?!?!

9 minutes ago, AAAWiz4rd said:

Now that I'm looking at it, Serafen isn't doing any damage, either. Nor is Aloth, and he's using a rod. So I'm getting no projectile damage, whatsoever. Where, the other day, I destroyed a totem or sigil or whatever with a bow... it's now reading "immune" when I shoot at it with the same weapon. WHAT IS THIS?!?!

so, some totem/sigils/whatever have stricter immunities IIRC. i know there are some with pierce/slash immunity, which basically excludes all ranged weapons outside of scepters. that being said,

14 minutes ago, AAAWiz4rd said:

I thought that the damage type of an attack was determined by the enemies lowest to damage reduction that is applicable to the weapon.

in general this is true, though i think elemental damage types might be weird. do you have a specific case that's not working? is it a unique warbow?

if all projectile damage is bad uh... it'd be very hard for me to believe that gamepass would be doing this [though i find that gamepass can screw games up], anyway you can post a screenshot or pic of combat log and equipment?

To be honest, I haven't learned how to find the combat log in Deadfire. I'll see if I can figure out the screenshot thing.. I've never done that on the Xbox before. 

Edited by AAAWiz4rd

@theleeokay, so I learned how to use the combat log. It's showing that all of my characters are hitting for Pierce damage. That's especially crazy, since Eder is using Kapana Taga (unique club that deals the best of slash and crush damage). This is really crazy. Never seen this before. I might need a fresh install. But will I lose my saves?!

4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

That's really weird and I never heard about this before. 

On PC you can keep your saves - I don't know how the XBox does it. 

Supposedly saves are still in the cloud, even after you uninstall a game. Even if the save game is not there, what really concerns me is whether or not the problem will be fixed with the reinstall. If not, the game is unplayable. That would be a pretty devastating loss. It's the only thing I'm even playing, right now. 😓

@Boeroer @thelee well, friends... after reinstalling the game, I'm still dealing all piece damage. I'm going to start a new character, and see if the problem persists. The character I'm using is only level 10, so it's no great loss.. I can only hope that it's a corrupted save file.

• Gasp! 1

4 hours ago, AAAWiz4rd said:

after reinstalling the game, I'm still dealing all piece damage

That is crazy. Really sucks! Is it true for all weapons, and martial abilities vs autoattacks? What about spells? Do you get the right PEN, ACC etc. just the wrong DMG type?

Maybe you could try respeccing your characters and see what happens. It has been known to fix weird bugs before (not always).

I'm afraid the problem might be a weird bug or something with pierce damage. I reinstalled the game and started a new character. Everyone is dealing the right damage except for my archer. The bow is still dealing pierce damage only to the risen foes at the Engwithan dig site. I've, basically, been reduced to no ranged weapons. I can't play this game like that. I don't know how it just broke, out of nowhere... but I'm really bummed.

So that’s not about sigils since there is no sigil up to this point. Which bow are you using? Is the problem the same when you swap weapons around across chars?

EDIT: there are issues with certain weapons with regards to keyword immunity and also apparently when there is no AR difference between damage types:

But that doesn't seem to be what you're struggling with, right?

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

Try this @AAAWiz4rd

https://discord.gg/Sga2KYNs5e

and this for bug report:

https://versusevil.com/player/support

Maybe someone can help you

I fear this is a big from the console port but it should be solved with the first update. It's fixed on PS4 but game is still pretty buggy/clunky sometimes. I bet it's the same for Xbox. VersusEvil did the port but I heard that support is shut down and no more updates are coming.

Maybe write a ticket to Microsoft ?

But I have no high hopes, sorry

Edited by Dyxx