So, I think that now I am near to one week of trying to continue my run, but instead I find myself reading on different builds....

I played POE2 last time around 2 years ago....or 3....don't really remember.

I tried to play with:

- ranger/barbarian using bows, but it seems kinda boring, tbh. 

So, I was considering other options but need some help/advice about putting them to good use.

Difficulty will probably be veteran, so I understand that most of the builds will perform reasonably well.

So few ideas that I would like to try:

Monk SC(Hellwalker or Shattered Pillar) / Monk + /Fighter (Tactician?) / Rogue:

• I would like this one to use blunderbuss and be sturdy enough to not die instantly, kinda like dps offtank, if that makes any sense.
  • I am not sure if i can do this one melee with something like Streetfighter if I will use Eder as engaging tank
  • also open to other interesting ideas

Melee cipher + someting to make it tanky and dps viable (probably fighter fits here again, as I really don't like paladin class for MC because of Zeal).

Melee wizard + something to take down backline and then help in frontline.

OK, I wil lstop here, because the more I write, the less I know what would be interesting build, and I did not start thinking about druids yet :(

Halp.

2 hours ago, pisoj said:

[...]Difficulty will probably be veteran  [...]

So few ideas that I would like to try:

Monk SC(Hellwalker or Shattered Pillar) / Monk + /Fighter (Tactician?) / Rogue:

• I would like this one to use blunderbuss and be sturdy enough to not die instantly, kinda like dps offtank, if that makes any sense.
  • I am not sure if i can do this one melee with something like Streetfighter if I will use Eder as engaging tank
  • also open to other interesting ideas

Melee cipher + someting to make it tanky and dps viable (probably fighter fits here again, as I really don't like paladin class for MC because of Zeal).

OK, I wil lstop here, because the more I write, the less I know what would be interesting build, and I did not start thinking about druids yet :(

Halp.

Good morning !

I'd go Tactician no matter what 😄 Joke aside, it's just a personal thing with Tactician 😄

I had the same problem like you. There are just too much interesting and fun possibilities of multiclass.

You should know what kind of style you want to play, but you wrote you'd like to play as an offtank beside Eder. So I assume you want to play a tanky melee.

There are several good and interesting multiclasses possible:

You said melee Cipher, so Soulblade would be possible and focus on Soulstrike and a few Cipher spells. Multiclassed with a Fighter, Paladin or even Trickster(Rogue) to survive in melke range. WoteP could be a interesting option here for passive focus generation. 

Another good option is Tactician/Wizard, I play this one atm.

Lots of defensive buffs, endless resources, and flexible in playstyle. You want to go melee ? Buff up and go melee ! You want a "pure" caster ? Go cast spells instead of melee !

Tactician multiclassed with Chanter, either Troubadour or Bellower is very powerful. Played Tactician/Bellower and it was a blast, but had to stop cause of bugs on my ps4. 

That are just some "basics" and I know that there are much more possibilities. But I leave them to those people around here with much much more knowledge than me.

3 hours ago, Dyxx said:

Good morning !

I'd go Tactician no matter what 😄 Joke aside, it's just a personal thing with Tactician 😄

I had the same problem like you. There are just too much interesting and fun possibilities of multiclass.

You should know what kind of style you want to play, but you wrote you'd like to play as an offtank beside Eder. So I assume you want to play a tanky melee.

There are several good and interesting multiclasses possible:

You said melee Cipher, so Soulblade would be possible and focus on Soulstrike and a few Cipher spells. Multiclassed with a Fighter, Paladin or even Trickster(Rogue) to survive in melke range. WoteP could be a interesting option here for passive focus generation. 

Another good option is Tactician/Wizard, I play this one atm.

Lots of defensive buffs, endless resources, and flexible in playstyle. You want to go melee ? Buff up and go melee ! You want a "pure" caster ? Go cast spells instead of melee !

Tactician multiclassed with Chanter, either Troubadour or Bellower is very powerful. Played Tactician/Bellower and it was a blast, but had to stop cause of bugs on my ps4. 

That are just some "basics" and I know that there are much more possibilities. But I leave them to those people around here with much much more knowledge than me.

First of all, thanks for the reply!

Yes, i would like to play something not so squishy. In POE1 I played as a cipher and as....something ranged, don't remember!

I must admit that this Fighter/Wizard sounds great... I guess i need some Int so my buffs last good amount of time. Resolve not so much. Some strenght, and Per maybe?

Anyway, I will study this build, maybe find some guides as guidelines and try it, sounds fun!

Cheers!

16 hours ago, pisoj said:

i'm partial to spellcasters, and I think you'll find a melee wizard a fun and interesting way to play. There are some pitfalls (an enemy's arcane dampener can ruin your day), but with things like Arcane Veil, Deleterious Alacrity of Motion (to freely avoid engagement), Wizard's Double, your survivability can shoot through the roof, while you can summon powerful weapons or just dart around the battlefield to drop some powerful but low-range spells.

only downside is that aloth can be either a fighter/wizard or a rogue/wizard, so you can technically explore this option without having to build your mainchar as melee wizard.

16 hours ago, pisoj said:

Melee cipher with barbarian can have acces to Robust inspiration and a short immunity to engagement, a large amount of accuracy with Borrowed Instincts, more AR with Body Attunement, and can turn potentially every debuffing spells into damages with Blood Frenzy. I think to Barbarian for the diversity, since you already think about Monk, Fighter, and Rogue. 

1 hour ago, thelee said:

i'm partial to spellcasters, and I think you'll find a melee wizard a fun and interesting way to play. There are some pitfalls (an enemy's arcane dampener can ruin your day), but with things like Arcane Veil, Deleterious Alacrity of Motion (to freely avoid engagement), Wizard's Double, your survivability can shoot through the roof, while you can summon powerful weapons or just dart around the battlefield to drop some powerful but low-range spells.

only downside is that aloth can be either a fighter/wizard or a rogue/wizard, so you can technically explore this option without having to build your mainchar as melee wizard.

It is kind of interesting to frame character building in terms of what can't the npcs do. Technically every class is covered but probably the least supported one is Monk since most players would not want to make Xoti into a monk as Priest pl 8/9 spells are extremely good and she doesn't get a whole lot out of being a multiclass monk. I suppose as a single class Monk she could still be quite good. I've never done that with her. But Monks are very powerful so I assume she'd be just fine at it. Maybe I'll try that next time I play as a Priest as a main char. 

9 hours ago, thelee said:

9 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Melee cipher with barbarian can have acces to Robust inspiration and a short immunity to engagement, a large amount of accuracy with Borrowed Instincts, more AR with Body Attunement, and can turn potentially every debuffing spells into damages with Blood Frenzy. I think to Barbarian for the diversity, since you already think about Monk, Fighter, and Rogue. 

8 hours ago, masterty66 said:

It is kind of interesting to frame character building in terms of what can't the npcs do. Technically every class is covered but probably the least supported one is Monk since most players would not want to make Xoti into a monk as Priest pl 8/9 spells are extremely good and she doesn't get a whole lot out of being a multiclass monk. I suppose as a single class Monk she could still be quite good. I've never done that with her. But Monks are very powerful so I assume she'd be just fine at it. Maybe I'll try that next time I play as a Priest as a main char. 

9 hours ago, thelee said:

Actually, yesterday I used console to respec my char to Tactician/Wizard. It was not bad, I just feel that if I am going to use Aloth as pure wizard, then my MC is not really required to fill that role.

But playing it was not bad, it was fun actually....almost every spell taken was buff, so I can instabuff myself and run inside.

Then I tried Barb (Berserker), with Wizard was really good, but then I tried to multiclass Barb with Paladin (which I said I don't really like because of Zeal, but hey, passives are good)....so this was unexpectedly good to play. I frenzy myself, go in and make a carnage!

Need to try Barb + Cipher also to see which I like the most. But I am using Sera as MC Cipher, so he has me covered with debuffing the enemy.

9 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Yeah, I will give it a try, should be a nice combo.

8 hours ago, masterty66 said:

I tried monk, and it is really good. Maybe in the future I will make SC Monk to be a true beast! 😄

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 6:47 PM, pisoj said:

So, I think that now I am near to one week of trying to continue my run, but instead I find myself reading on different builds....

Story of my life......I have restarted countless times to try new builds. One of the joys of this game are the endless possibilities for character development. I'd recommend that you try them out and see what you enjoy playing the most. BTW, while paladin/barbarian isn't a powegamey combo, I agree that it is a lot of fun, and has nice synergy from the defensive and offensive capabilities that the two classes bring to the combo.

Your replies were so glorious that I just needed to quote each one of them twice in my last post!

😄

Update. 

Tried:

Barb(Berserker)+Cipher(No Subclass)

• extra dmg is nice, but Barb has plenty damage already

again Barb(Berserker)+Wizard(No Subclass)

• to be honest, there is just too much spells I would like to use, but then I dont spend any points in Barb tree.

Barb(Berserker)+Rogue(Streetfighter)

• was fine, but not interested enough, dunno why

....and sadly, the build I like the most is combining it with Paladin. Shame on me.

😄

4 hours ago, pisoj said:

Your replies were so glorious that I just needed to quote each one of them twice in my last post!

😄

Update. 

Tried:

Barb(Berserker)+Cipher(No Subclass)

• extra dmg is nice, but Barb has plenty damage already

again Barb(Berserker)+Wizard(No Subclass)

• to be honest, there is just too much spells I would like to use, but then I dont spend any points in Barb tree.

Barb(Berserker)+Rogue(Streetfighter)

• was fine, but not interested enough, dunno why

....and sadly, the build I like the most is combining it with Paladin. Shame on me.

😄

Try Paladin/Wizard

On 12/31/2021 at 3:22 PM, Dyxx said:

Try Paladin/Wizard

Maybe later! 

Wizard has too many skills, so for now - no, thank you!

Now I switched my MC to Berserker / Streetfighter....so far, impressive! :)