Lock the target in a cocoon of binding energy. While trapped in the cocoon the prisoner cannot act, be attacked, or affected by abilities. However, all effects already on the cocoon's prisoner will continue to affect them.

Temporal Cocoon is brilliant not just because of that, or because it can target allies and ennemies, out or in combat : this spell is really special because the unconditional paralized effect  and the untargetable effect are secretely independants : the first is Hostile and the second, Beneficial. What does that mean?

In first, on yourself (or allies) , the Untargetable effect concern only ennemies. Casting Wall of Draining before, or Salvation of Time during the Temporal Cocoon enhance the duration of Untargetable. And Paralized can be cleared by Out with the Bad (Street Sweeper) or suspended. Or just wait :)

This spell is not combat-restricted, the effect continue after the end of the fight. Better than, you are able to cast it out of fight (Strand of Favor etc). Im conscient that make the Ultimate challenge less challenging for SC wizard.

In second, on ennemy, the effect of Paralized is affected by his resolve. High resolve ennemy can be Untargetable but not paralized at the end of the spell, so dumb his resolve is good. And because even when confuse (self) * he stay an ennemy, and so stay untargetable, you cant influence on it during the Untargetable duration. Enfeebled the ennemy before Temporal Cocoon add +50% only on paralized effect. And when the first effect (untargetable) is over, you get some seconds to again enfeebled him. (the duration will be increased by, in first Enffebled effect, Initiale duration of the Cocoon * 1.5, and for the second Enfeebled effect, Initiale Duration of the Cocoon * 2.25. The paralysing Coccon can switch from 5s to 27s if the spell hit for 30s in first place). This tactic work even on Dex. immune, but not on Con. resistant. This spell is against Fortitude.

* He can be targetable when Charmed or Dominated before to be Cocooned. Then, Arcane Cleanse or Out with the Good (Street Sweepers) make him only paralysed. But that step doesnt really matter since he become targetable anyway, on top of the Unconditional paralysed. For Charmed ennemy, since damage clear the Charm, the Arcane Cleanse step work very well before attacking him. This tactic work on Dex immune but not on Int immune.

Note if the ennemy is affected by Supress Affliction or Liberating Exhortation from a friend to him, then you are able to influence the Untargetable effect during the suspending effect with Arcane Cleanse , and the ennemy is now just paralyzed for the spell duration.

For ending, this spell is really brilliant because it cause you to become Blue :

944187939_blueorlan.png.90553f730db0844020e904f3fd4d0707.png

Edited by Constentin Lévine
Added in charmed section*
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Lock the target in a cocoon of binding energy. While trapped in the cocoon the prisoner cannot act, be attacked, or affected by abilities. However, all effects already on the cocoon's prisoner will continue to affect them.

Temporal Cocoon is brilliant not just because of that, or because it can target allies and ennemies, out or in combat : this spell is really special because the unconditional paralized effect  and the untargetable effect are secretely independants : the first is Hostile and the second, Beneficial. What does that mean?

In first, on yourself (or allies) , the Untargetable effect concern only ennemies. Casting Wall of Draining before, or Salvation of Time during the Temporal Cocoon enhance the duration of Untargetable. And Paralized can be cleared by Out with the Bad (Street Sweeper) or suspended. Or just wait :)

This spell is not combat-restricted, the effect continue after the end of the fight. Better than, you are able to cast it out of fight (Strand of Favor etc). Im conscient that make the Ultimate challenge less challenging for SC wizard.

In second, on ennemy, the effect of Paralized is affected by his resolve. High resolve ennemy can be Untargetable but not paralized at the end of the spell, so dumb his resolve is good. And because even when confuse (self) * he stay an ennemy, and so stay untargetable, you cant influence on it during the Untargetable duration. Enfeebled the ennemy before Temporal Cocoon add +50% only on paralized effect. And when the first effect (untargetable) is over, you get some seconds to again enfeebled him. (the duration will be increased by, in first Enffebled effect, Initiale duration of the Cocoon * 1.5, and for the second Enfeebled effect, Initiale Duration of the Cocoon * 2.25. The paralysing Coccon can switch from 5s to 27s if the spell hit for 30s in first place). This tactic work even on Dex. immune, but not on Con. resistant. This spell is against Fortitude.

* He can be targetable when Charmed or Dominated before to be Cocooned. Then, Arcane Cleanse or Out with the Good (Street Sweepers) make him only paralysed. But that step doesnt really matter since he become targetable anyway, on top of the Unconditional paralysed. This tactic work on Dex immune but not on Int immune.

Note if the ennemy is affected by Supress Affliction or Liberating Exhortation from a friend to him, then you are able to influence the Untargetable effect during the suspending effect with Arcane Cleanse , and the ennemy is now just paralyzed for the spell duration.

For ending, this spell is really brilliant because it cause you to become Blue :

944187939_blueorlan.png.90553f730db0844020e904f3fd4d0707.png

I just happened to look into this forum after a long time and thats a hilarious find.

I already had a single class wizard testchar with Vela, because I think just the grimoire stealing makes it the best class by far.

Loaded that save and tested it on vela (grimoire stealing makes you have permanent priest spells, including SoT) and you can even prolong it on her infinitely, making both wizard and vela untargetable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Yes but be careful to your own spells, take a meteor shower will hurt you because untargetable is only for ennemies :)

That is actually a buff compared to Assassin's Untargetable.

Yes you could theoretically hurt yourself, but since grimoire swapping gives you bdd and enemies can't even target you with AOE dispel you will never die.

Assassin can't even target themselves with AoE buffs, but wizard can just normally target themselves with anything.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

My first reaction @Constentin Lévine is that I love how your mind works to come up with that and all the recent posts :). You seem adept at emerging gameplay, or whatever name is in use now to designate something new, fun, powerful and unexpected.

I'm thinking about Debonaire now, I try to Sap the Giant Cave Grub (he has int weakness) to always charm him on hit, and then always crit, and not be attacked, but the Charm effect is always cleared immediatly after the hit, even without Deep Wounds, I dont know why..  :)

• Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I'm thinking about Debonaire now, I try to Sap the Giant Cave Grub (he has int weakness) to always charm him on hit, and then always crit, and not be attacked, but the Charm effect is always cleared immediatly after the hit, even without Deep Wounds, I dont know why..  :)

If you dominate it it's not cleared on hit, at least not with cipher spell.

Maybe its a weird interaction with weakness to int, similar to how a resistance always shows you "losing" an affliction even tho you should not have gotten it in the first place.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

I've never before used this spell; is it the case that it can normally be cast only on enemies? If so, you have to be confused to cast it on an enemy or yourself, right?

Cocoon? No need for confuse, it is already a great spell for saving allies, because it can be cast outside of combat. (which also enables the strand cheese xd)

• Like 2

I've just played around with your Temporal Cocoon trick and indeed it is so easy to pull off. Amazing find.

As if SC Blood Mage needed more power lol!

Now you can zap around the battlefield with Shadowing Beyond, chain casting Crushing Doom on everyone, being immortal AND permanently untargetable. Maybe also with a permanent 100,000% Deltro lash for good measure. :) 

Darth Sidious Unlimited Power | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bosmer said:

I'm still not understanding how these spells work on Dex (or Con in case of Stasis Shell) immune / resistant targets..

It seems to be implemented as a different effect than Paralysis even if the spell description says otherwise:

If you cast Cocoon with e.g. Sandals of Waterlily on, you still can't move but the red message that appears on top of the char isn't "Paralyzed" it's "Temporal Cocoon".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

It seems to be implemented as a different effect than Paralysis even if the spell description says otherwise:

If you cast Cocoon with e.g. Sandals of Waterlily on, you still can't move but the red message that appears on top of the char isn't "Paralyzed" it's "Temporal Cocoon".

Ah cool, thanks for the clarification! Do you know if Stasis Shell is implemented in a similar way? I always skipped these spells because I assumed that the targets I really want to "lock away" might just have the according immunities/resistances and that in the worst case I would just make them untargetable ..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bosmer said:

Do you know if Stasis Shell is implemented in a similar way?

I just tested to be 100% sure and yes it is implemented the same way: so Might Immunes will get the full effect including the Stunned-like effect (which is uniquely called "Stasis Shell" in game).

Actually Constentin just explained it in this thread, lol.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 2

The difference is effects are "linked" : as I wrote in other topic (How to stun a might immune part II) there is a way to target him when Stasis-Shelled but not for remove only the Untargetable status ; when Targetable, casting Arcane Cleanse doesnt affect this effect.

It is like Withdraw and Potion of Refuge : you cant dissociate the Stun effect and the Untargetable one. Casting Wall of Draining before will prolonge both effects.

For self, the only other ability similare to Temporal Cocoon is Martyr's Memories from the amulet Tears of Saint Makawo, with on top the No-damage-taking effect ; but it is combat-only so it is cleared after.

Immunities doesnt affect those spells like Not So Clever Hound said just before!

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 2

Speaking of untargetability, I had a funny thing happen to me in Splintered Reef the other day. I think one of the Fampyrs had a wall of draining active on some of my summons and then activated Shadow Leap - which gives untargetability for a very limited time. Because of what I assume was WoD boosting the duration, the fampyr ended up with 50s of Shadow Leap untargetability... so I had to wait for it to wear off before I could finally end him.

After having broken the game in small pieces with a SC Assassin under perma-Vanishing Strike, I did appreciate that the game gave me a taste of my own medicine :).

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Then the question is about How to extend it? If the spell turn off the fight, it is easy, otherwise you need SoT at the end of the spell if your resolve is enough high, or a Monk' Clarity of Agony before find a way to quit the fight, or obviously WoD when Multiclassed wizard..

If you have the Ring of the Solitary Wanderer and Strand of Favor equipped I think it's enough to shorten the negative effect enough to gain a few seconds of invincibility. If that's not enough you can use Mohora Wraps bonus and a potion of Cleansing Purge on top. Once you're free, you kill the wizard instantly to end the fight and then prolong the untargetable effect with Strand of Favor...

However, I think the hardest part would be to find a wizard willing to cast Temporal Cocoon on you. 😀

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

However, I think the hardest part would be to find a wizard willing to cast Temporal Cocoon on you. 😀

One way to trick the Wizard into doing that would be to interrupt every spell cast that is not what you want them to cast. Ultimately and with a bit of luck, the wizard should cycle to Temporal Cocoon... But I fear that Concelhaut for example would gladly try to cast 2 Wilting Winds before resorting to Cocoon, then he'd be out of Tier8 spells.....

9 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

One way to trick the Wizard into doing that would be to interrupt every spell cast that is not what you want them to cast. Ultimately and with a bit of luck, the wizard should cycle to Temporal Cocoon... But I fear that Concelhaut for example would gladly try to cast 2 Wilting Winds before resorting to Cocoon, then he'd be out of Tier8 spells.....

I'm not sure but I thought named wizards have a kind of unlimited cast :)

• Hmmm 1