Anime - Magical Girl Anime Thread, hajimarimasu!

majestic

42 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

after all they saw, they should be way more paranoid and always assume someone is attacking one of them.:facepalm:

I think that if you have to ask "Is this the work of an enemy Stand?" then the answer is yes. And probably yes if you're not asking the question. After Forever's boat ride, the logical thing to do would be to ora ora ora first and ask questions later.

Spoiler talk

Spoiler

If Alessi wasn't such an **** I'd feel sorry for him. Imagine your power being to turn people into kids and then you get beat up by a kid. At least he didn't run into Joesph, imagine him having to fight Young Joesph.

D'Arby was fun. 

Boingo getting kidnapped by Hol Horse was legitimately one of the funniest moments in the show. And outside of Iggy, the Crusaders don't know he exists.

Speaking of Iggy, Pet Shop is one of the creepier stand users. And he's also more effective than some of the others DIO has sent out after the Stardust Crusaders. I guess just like Iggy is smarter than Polnareff, Pet Shop is smarter than like half of DIO's agents.

Well you've got nine episodes left. They're one hell of a ride, but I strongly recommend you watch the last four all at once.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, majestic said:

Mayuri doing someting similar

Well, it seems you won't be watching Steins;Gate 0, so here is Mayuri doing it again, if you wanna see it...

Spoiler

tumblr_pk1qkare7k1v6bs4yo5_r1_640.gifv

8 minutes ago, KP Cross Split Attack said:

Spoiler talk

Reveal hidden contents

If Alessi wasn't such an **** I'd feel sorry for him. Imagine your power being to turn people into kids and then you get beat up by a kid. At least he didn't run into Joesph, imagine him having to fight Young Joesph.

D'Arby was fun. 

Boingo getting kidnapped by Hol Horse was legitimately one of the funniest moments in the show. And outside of Iggy, the Crusaders don't know he exists.

Speaking of Iggy, Pet Shop is one of the creepier stand users. And he's also more effective than some of the others DIO has sent out after the Stardust Crusaders. I guess just like Iggy is smarter than Polnareff, Pet Shop is smarter than like half of DIO's agents.

Yes,

Spoiler

Boingo literally got his ass kicked twice and they aren't even aware o it.

raw

• Haha 1

sign.jpg

1 minute ago, InsaneCommander said:

Well, it seems you won't be watching Steins;Gate 0, so here is Mayuri doing it again, if you wanna see it...

Oh, I will. Eventually, I will... ;(

• Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Samurai Champloo, episode 20. Well, no way I could've predicted that...I guess outside of the one masked guy saying something in passing. Bastard show.

Episode 21.

Spoiler

That wasn't an ideal way to end.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Samurai Champloo 23 Oh that's a baseball.

Much better than the last episode, even if it is just as crazy. The next episodes are a three parter, so that will be fun.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Watched the first few episodes of those who hunt elves. It's silly, it's stupid, it's absolutely hilarious and I'm having a blast laughing at it. Not the kind of stuff you want to binge watch though. A group of people gets teleported to a fantasy realm and the spell to send them back to Japan gets botched during it's casting. Somewhere in the world, 5 elves now runs around with a fragment of the spell imprinted on their skin and the protagonists have to constantly find elves and rip their clothes off to see if they can find the missing spell fragments. No explicit nudity btw, all implied. Just so over the top 😂

Yes, I'm easily amused sometimes.

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

47 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Watched the first few episodes of those who hunt elves. It's silly, it's stupid, it's absolutely hilarious and I'm having a blast laughing at it. Not the kind of stuff you want to binge watch though. A group of people gets teleported to a fantasy realm and the spell to send them back to Japan gets botched during it's casting. Somewhere in the world, 5 elves now runs around with a fragment of the spell imprinted on their skin and the protagonists have to constantly find elves and rip their clothes off to see if they can find the missing spell fragments. No explicit nudity btw, all implied. Just so over the top 😂

Yes, I'm easily amused sometimes.

That sounds worse than Magic User's Club. Pretty good voice cast though. Too bad.

So they just revealed the voice actor for the main villain in JoJo part 6 and it's the guy who did Daru. Lmao.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 23-24 Middler's High Priestess. PORANAREFFU teaches the gang sign language.

Edited by KP Cross Split Attack
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, majestic said:

Is like every name in JoJo's a music reference?

Yes.

Stardust Crusaders Egypt 16-End

Spoiler

Didn’t one of the antagonists mention that Hermit Purple can read thoughts? Is Joseph aware of that? That could have helped a lot, especially in the video game battle.

Vanilla Ice was very powerful, and is the only opponent to take down two heroes, iirc. Porunareffo should recreate the tiny Chariot he made to fight the lovers and send it to stealthily get inside Vanilla Ice’s mouth.

Btw, why all this hate on dogs??????????

Dio:

Omg, they ran away so fast from an empty coffin. 😂

“It felt like someone stuck an icicle up my ass!”

Porunareffo managed to attack Dio by surprise. Well done. And Jotaru was ready for the knives, learned how to move while time stopped and even hold his heart beating with Star Platinum.

Dio made a Bond villain speech for no one? Lmao

Dio getting high with Joseph's blood is my new favorite scene:

CautiousBeneficialGordonsetter-size_reste4a.gif

The last episodes leave many questions unanswered:

Cats have to suffer too?

Jotaru can fly?

Where is Jotaru’s father? Did he ignore his wife for 45 days?

Will Kars and Santana come back, like Dio?

• Like 2

sign.jpg

56 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Stardust Crusaders Egypt 16-End

Reveal hidden contents

Didn’t one of the antagonists mention that Hermit Purple can read thoughts? Is Joseph aware of that? That could have helped a lot, especially in the video game battle.

Vanilla Ice was very powerful, and is the only opponent to take down two heroes, iirc. Porunareffo should recreate the tiny Chariot he made to fight the lovers and send it to stealthily get inside Vanilla Ice’s mouth.

Btw, why all this hate on dogs??????????

Dio:

Omg, they ran away so fast from an empty coffin. 😂

“It felt like someone stuck an icicle up my ass!”

Porunareffo managed to attack Dio by surprise. Well done. And Jotaru was ready for the knives, learned how to move while time stopped and even hold his heart beating with Star Platinum.

Dio made a Bond villain speech for no one? Lmao

Dio getting high with Joseph's blood is my new favorite scene:

CautiousBeneficialGordonsetter-size_reste4a.gif

The last episodes leave many questions unanswered:

Cats have to suffer too?

Jotaru can fly?

Where is Jotaru’s father? Did he ignore his wife for 45 days?

Will Kars and Santana come back, like Dio?

Aoba is DIO by the way. And Toji is also Daru and some dude named Touya from Cardcaptor Sakura. Doing a dive on vas is always a trip.

Spoiler

I think Araki has said he has villains kill dogs to show how evil they are. :shrugz: It works tbh. Iggy got more of a tragic death than Avdol or Kakyoin.

DIO was something else. And him getting high was hilarious. DIO's World really did jump the shark in so many ways and it was really fun.

To answer your questions

No animal is safe in JoJo. Or people. This show really loves gore.

Jotaro can do anything the plot needs him to. Probably one of my biggest problems with JoJo the 3rd is the amount of asspulls to give him new stando powah. Later JoJos are more limited (with one big exception), which is nice.

His dad is a Jazz musician on tour. I don't think he ever appears in the series.

Nope, the next villains are a David Bowie look alike with a hand fetish, a mob boss, and DIO's exbf. Kars stays in space and Santana is ignored.

Well I'm glad you liked it. Have fun with Joseph's lovechild and the son of DIO in season 4 and 5 respectively.

3f2.jpg

1 hour ago, majestic said:

I don't think you're supposed to think about this too hard. :p

I'm pretty sure any fan theory someone would come up with would be more normal than anything JoJo would actually do.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KP Cross Split Attack said:

And Toji is also Daru and some dude named Touya from Cardcaptor Sakura.

Some dude named Touya, as if you haven't been reading our CCS praising posts and know full well who that is and just want to bother me? :p

Man, today my colleague who I badgered into watching Sailor Moon a while back resumed watching Sailor Stars during lunchbreak. It was the first episode after the filler arc, and while he used headphones I kind of watched along and laughed like an idiot all the time. The season is such a riot at times. Usagi not knowing what the ring is supposed to mean, Ami being hyper-embarrassed about fangirling harder than the others, Minako doing whacky things because she's Minako...

Sigh. Someone invent brain bleach already, I want to re-first-watch this. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, majestic said:

Some dude named Touya, as if you haven't been reading our CCS praising posts and know full well who that is and just want to bother me? :p

All I do is look at the pictures. The only thing I know about CCS is that there the main character's name is Sakura, there is a girl with an old school video camera, and there is a girl who looks like a nightmare.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, KP Cross Split Attack said:

All I do is look at the pictures. The only thing I know about CCS is that there the main character's name is Sakura, there is a girl with an old school video camera, and there is a girl who looks like a nightmare.

This is Naoko, whom you're calling a nightmare:

JltEWSb.jpg

Meanie doesn't mean it, I promise!

:p

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

18 minutes ago, majestic said:

This is Naoko, whom you're calling a nightmare:

JltEWSb.jpg

Meanie doesn't mean it, I promise!

:p

I absolutely mean it.

e5b.gif

DO YOU UNDERSTANNNNNNNNNNNNDU?

• Gasp! 1

Fun Evangelion fact I came across randomly: Asuka was originally intended to be the protagonist of the show, and it was only by the meddling of one storyboard artist Yoshiyuki Sadamoto who was working with Anno that complained that since it's a mech show about performing critical world-saving missions, it should naturally be a boy protagonist since a girl wouldn't really care about piloting a robot or doing well at an important job. He had also apparently worked with Anno on his previous projects and later admitted to being tired of girl protagonists, which spurred him to complain about it. Apparently, this argument was convincing enough for Anno to change the entire design of the show, consequently leading to the creation of Shinji...who was instead designed after the titular character of Nadia, :huh:. And how is it, then, that Asuka ended up being a lot more "traditionally masculine" than Shinji, right down to the exact detail regarding how much they cared about their jobs - did Anno do that specifically to troll this artist? :p

Spoiler

He's also the one that apparently came up with the idea of stuffing the dead moms into the Evangelions at the exact same juncture in development. Original "protagonist" Asuka concept art:

077.jpg

I can only assume that she would've been a little less...unhinged as the protagonist, especially given that this concept art at a glance would seem to suggest that.

Cardcaptor Sakura, episode 67:

Spoiler

Present for @KP Cross Split Attack, since he loves Naoko so much.

V76hSbKiDN.gif

Why does the toy Tomoyo gave to Sakura of herself have such big scary demon eyes?

mpc-hc64_L41NdNrMDh.png

It's gonna be pretty messed up if Sakura doesn't figure out a way to uncurse Toya before the end of the show...I wonder if we'll see old whatsherface before the end of the show as well, given Sakura keeps writing her. Oh yeah, Sakura bringing out the old pinky promise on Xiaolang to make sure he doesn't skip her date. Eriol, meanwhile, is hovering nearby like a gosh danged energy/power-draining vampire...

This episode sure is really hammering how important it is for someone to be there for you when you need it. Whoa, I forgot Kero existed for a minute there, he didn't show up until like a third if the way in. How convenient that he won't be able to attend the festival due to staying up the entire night working on the present... HMM, I WONDER IF SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN? Xiaolang has to be the most bashful boy I've ever seen in a show - if this was live-action (and/or not Sakura), it'd probably be intolerable.

Lmao @ Yukito saying exactly what I did - admitting that he knew she didn't feel the same about him as she did about her father. Whoops.

mpc-hc64_djMYRe1sZS.png

This is probably the closest I've ever seen a camera zoom in on another camera in film...but certainly at least in animation. Oh look, Eriol is still lurking about. Also, Xiaolang's logic for not telling Sakura is actually pretty sound - given their present circumstances, it would probably be wiser to wait for at least a little...but only a little. It is Sakura, after all - 50/50 chance she'll think of it the way Xiaolang thought she might and feel bad about it...or have absolutely no inkling.

That "ONI-CHAN!" with Sakura popping out of the ground actually startled me. ...Also, I thought Toya might kiss Yukito for a moment there.

At some point, you have to start wonder that since something BAD always happens whenever they sense Clow, they should really be assuming that Clow is ALSO bad, and yet they don't. Ganondorf's horse is no match for the combined powers of Sakura and Xiaolang, though.

It's a little odd that Sakura is still hiding her powers from Toya - Kero directly told her that Toya knew all along about them. I guess it's just the little game they play as siblings, though. Also, I really didn't think Glow would ever have a use, but looks like I was wrong. Are there any cards that haven't at least one use by either Sakura or Xiaolang yet?

(e): Wait, was Glow actually already used at some point before as well? Hmm...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

36 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Fun Evangelion fact I came across randomly: Asuka was originally intended to be the protagonist of the show, and it was only by the meddling of one storyboard artist Yoshiyuki Sadamoto who was working with him that complained that since it's a mech show about performing critical world-saving missions, it should naturally be a boy protagonist since a girl wouldn't really care about piloting a robot or doing well at an important job. He had also apparently worked with Anno on his previous projects and later admitted to being tired of girl protagonists, which spurred him to complain about it. Apparently, this argument was convincing enough for Anno to change the entire design of the show, consequently leading to the creation of Shinji...who was instead designed after the titular character of Nadia, :huh:. And how is it, then, that Asuka ended up being a lot more "traditionally masculine" than Shinji, right down to the exact detail regarding how much they cared about their jobs - did Anno do that specifically to troll this artist? :p

Hide contents

He's also the one that apparently came up with the idea of stuffing the dead moms into the Evangelions at the exact same juncture in development. Original "protagonist" Asuka concept art:

077.jpg

I can only assume that she would've been a little less...unhinged as the protagonist, especially given that this concept art at a glance would seem to suggest that.

Cardcaptor Sakura, episode 67:

Reveal hidden contents

Present for @KP Cross Split Attack, since he loves Naoko so much.

V76hSbKiDN.gif

Why does the toy Tomoyo gave to Sakura of herself have such big scary demon eyes?

mpc-hc64_L41NdNrMDh.png

It's gonna be pretty messed up if Sakura doesn't figure out a way to uncurse Toya before the end of the show...I wonder if we'll see old whatsherface before the end of the show as well, given Sakura keeps writing her. Oh yeah, Sakura bringing out the old pinky promise on Xiaolang to make sure he doesn't skip her date. Eriol, meanwhile, is hovering nearby like a gosh danged energy/power-draining vampire...

This episode sure is really hammering how important it is for someone to be there for you when you need it. Whoa, I forgot Kero existed for a minute there, he didn't show up until like a third if the way in. How convenient that he won't be able to attend the festival due to staying up the entire night working on the present... HMM, I WONDER IF SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN? Xiaolang has to be the most bashful boy I've ever seen in a show - if this was live-action (and/or not Sakura), it'd probably be intolerable.

Lmao @ Yukito saying exactly what I did - admitting that he knew she didn't feel the same about him as she did about her father. Whoops.

mpc-hc64_djMYRe1sZS.png

This is probably the closest I've ever seen a camera zoom in on another camera in film...but certainly animation. Oh look, Eriol is still lurking about. Also, Xiaolang's logic for not telling Sakura is actually pretty sound - given their present circumstances, it would probably be wiser to wait for at least a little...but only a little. It is Sakura, after all - 50/50 chance she'll think of it the way Xiaolang thought she might and feel bad about it...or have absolutely no inkling.

That "ONI-CHAN!" with Sakura popping out of the ground actually startled me. ...Also, I thought Toya might kiss Yukito for a moment there.

At some point, you have to start wonder that since something BAD always happens whenever they sense Clow, they should really be assuming that Clow is ALSO bad, and yet they don't. Ganondorf's horse is no match for the combined powers of Sakura and Xiaolang, though.

It's a little odd that Sakura is still hiding her powers from Toya - Kero directly told her that Toya knew all along about them. I guess it's just the little game they play as siblings, though. Also, I really didn't think Glow would ever have a use, but looks like I was wrong. Are there any cards that haven't at least one use by either Sakura or Xiaolang yet?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Are there any cards that haven't at least one use by either Sakura or Xiaolang yet?

Of those caught on screen, not sure, but there are 52 cards in the anime (less in the manga) and I don't really know if all of them had a use.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:
Spoiler

Also, I really didn't think Glow would ever have a use, but looks like I was wrong.

Spoiler

Heh, yeah, but there's a use for every card, even the one that just generates flowers. It's part of how great this anime really is. Finding a great use for a card that summons a couple of lights.

Looks like endgame time is almost here. All shall be revealed... soon. I hope. :p

• Like 1

You're not supposed to make jokes like that without having watched the series, or the travesties that came out after that.

Well, you're not supposed to make jokes like that, period. Ever. *sigh*

• Gasp! 1

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

You're not supposed to make jokes like that without having watched the series, or the travesties that came out after that.

The End of Evangelion wasn't that bad.

• Gasp! 1

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Well, you're not supposed to make jokes like that, period. Ever. *sigh*

I thought InsaneCommander previously said in here that he had seen the main series and The End of Evangelion, but not Rebuild. Then again, I am arguing with your perfect memory... But besides that, agreed, :p.

(e): Science can't yet explain how @majestic didn't remember this conversation. Thoughts and prayers for everyone involved.

Cards: Once I watch the rest of the show and movie, I'll have to look up to see if any did not ever find a use.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I thought InsaneCommander previously said in here that he had seen the main series and The End of Evangelion, but not Rebuild. Then again, I am arguing with your perfect memory... But besides that, agreed, :p.

(e): Science can't yet explain how @majestic didn't remember this conversation. Thoughts and prayers for everyone involved.

I honestly did not remember @InsaneCommander posting that he watched the original series, and it wasn't that long ago even. See what watching these films does to a mind? Dear God. :p 

Spoiler

Eh, I never said it's perfect, just really good. I also don't put any effort into it, unlike people who generally claim to have perfect recall (barring any problems like anterograde amnesia, mnemonics work for pretty much everyone in some fashion, I think). Not sure at the moment, but a while back when I first looked it up, neuroscientists weren't sure at all that such a thing as eidetic/photographic memories (in the colloquial sense) really exist.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1