8 hours ago, dgray62 said:

It's too bad that Bleak Walkers do not get the option of selecting Spirit of Decay.

Yeah, true. Could be modded, but that means changing the progression tables (I think) which is quite a bit of a hassle just for that one ability. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Just now, Viryu said:

How would the PEN and +10 ACC work on shifter with passive fire claws? Does it work, and would it work in the same way with FoD?

No that doesn't work. The +1 PEN will work for the burning lash of Wildstrike (which has to overcome enemies' burn DR seperately) but not for the initial attack.

Taking Wildstrike Burn doesn't automatically put the keyword "fire" on all your attacks. The Ring of Focused Flames would do nothing for your melee attacks (unless you are a Paladin/Shifter and use FLames of Devotion of course).

The weapon itself (Firebrand, Sun & Moon's fire flail head, Dragon's Dowry) or the attack ability (like FoD) has to be tagged with the keyword "fire". With weapons this is invisible unfortunately. And some fire weapons, like Dragon's Dowry, work woith Scion of Flame (+1 PEN) but not with the Ring (+10 ACC) - for whatever obscure reason I haven't bothered finding out... :)

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

The weapon itself (Firebrand, Sun & Moon's fire flail head, Dragon's Dowry) or the attack ability (like FoD) has to be tagged with the keyword "fire". With weapons this is invisible unfortunately. And some fire weapons, like Dragon's Dowry, work woith Scion of Flame (+1 PEN) but not with the Ring (+10 ACC) - for whatever obscure reason I haven't bothered finding out... :)

Dragon's Dowry works with the Ring of Focused Flame.

2 hours ago, Kaylon said:

Dragon's Dowry works with the Ring of Focused Flame.

I also thought it should. But I checked right before posting to be 100% sure and was surprised it did not. Scion of Flame was applied but not the +10 ACC from the Ring. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1