Hello guys, I have some questions about using a multi wizard.

My first is about doing a kind of Frost Knight. Would be a battlemage, but I want to focus on frost spells. Is it a bad idea focus on one kind of elemental damage?

The other would be a wizard multi with priest (Berath) or Chanter, focused on plague and corrosion spells. But at the same time, I want to be able to go melee.

And the last would be a wizard multi with fury Druid, a master of elements idea. The downside is that I am afraid in go with a pure caster in a solo try

37 minutes ago, freddfranca said:

Is it a bad idea focus on one kind of elemental damage?

imo, yeah.

especially frost or fire. huge chunks of DLC where enemies are just straight up immune to frost. huge part of the main quest and base game where enemies are immune to fire or even absorb fire as health. imo corrode is the "safest" to go all-in on but there are still a handful of corrode-immune or high-corrode AR enemies.

Edited by thelee

No problem with a Wizard though because you will find a ton of grimoires with all kind of spells in it. So just bring one with some alternative elemental damage for frost/whatever immune foes.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I got the Berath blessing of +2 atributes, and will start a new game with this. 
I got interested in doing a Wizard/Priest but focused on melee, and no intention to abuse WoD/BDD. What priest do you think will be better for this?  I am between Berath ( love the summoned great sword), Magran (More fire spells) or Eothas (some support spells that can be useful) 

The idea is try to go solo, but like I said I won’t abuse the WoD/BDD mechanics.

43 minutes ago, Ranndar said:

I got the Berath blessing of +2 atributes, and will start a new game with this. 
I got interested in doing a Wizard/Priest but focused on melee, and no intention to abuse WoD/BDD. What priest do you think will be better for this?  I am between Berath ( love the summoned great sword), Magran (More fire spells) or Eothas (some support spells that can be useful) 

The idea is try to go solo, but like I said I won’t abuse the WoD/BDD mechanics.

Why go wizard/priest, when you can steal all priest spells with single class wizard? 😛

That's... a bit of an exaggeration. Unless you work really hard on exploiting this mechanic maybe?

But anyway, I have another question. If you want to focus on melee and won't exploit WoD/BDD, why a combo of 2 classes that aren't very good at melee?

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Haplok said:

That's... a bit of an exaggeration. Unless you work really hard on exploiting this mechanic maybe?

But anyway, I have another question. If you want to focus on melee and won't exploit WoD/BDD, why a combo of 2 classes that aren't very good at melee?

That’s a good question, and tbh I don’t know 😂😂😂

I always try to fit some theme, for example I don’t feel right a Druid that uses Heavy armor and sword, a rogue with greatswords, and things like this…

My idea is to use Berath Prieat, and I don’t think he combines with a barbarian, a rogue or even a stalker. The two melee options I considered was Fighter or Paladin, but I was afraid to be a little boring, or overpowered. 
I have in mind a Berath/Beckoner too, with the summons and debuffs looks a good combo.

• Like 1

I'm with @Haplok on this. Especially without WoD. The one strong thing going on for a Melee BM/Priest would be that you could buff yourself up to absolute oblivion and back, then go to town on the enemy with Spirit Lance. But without WoD your first buffs will be over by the time you've finished casting them all.

On the other hand, a Battlemage or Sage would synergize perfectly and bring outstanding melee prowess to whatever playstyle/weapon type you like.

If it's for RP fluff then of course do whatever you like. But not using WoD/BDD on top... on any serious difficulty you are going to have a very hard time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ranndar said:

Without these abilities you can't solo unless you plan to do a mostly pacifist run and skip the hard encounters...  If you really are serious about soloing without exploits and play as a melee wizard then you should try steel garrote / blood mage. 

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will think a little more, and decide if it’s a good idea try solo or go with a party. All the builds I tried solo, I reached lvl 10 and stopped (in veteran), and when I played with the party, I stop in Deadlight, I don’t know why but I feel boring to go with a party. 

One of the builds that I liked most was a Stalker/Lifegiver in a solo run, and when I used in a party, it felt so boring, when I finish buffing everyone, the fight was almost over. In a party I probably would go with Fury instead Lifegiver, or Ancient.

Another thing that bothers me in a party is that all works, even if isn’t a good build the party provides ways to strengthen your weakness. I know this is the big advantage of the party, but for me I like to know if something that I planned is really working.

Edited by Ranndar