Stormtroopers vs Sithtroopers

Which army would you rather command?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which army would you rather command?

• Stormtroopers
    • Sithtroopers

Why are stormtroopers so popular, they have incredibly bad aim, go down faster then a sithtrooper... bad training.... drop like flies... Atleast a sith takes more then one hit before going down. Not to mention to way the armor (the white, not the undetailed silver) looks. Does a stormtrooper inspire fear in peoples hearts?

Note that this is simply a question with an attatched opinion

The big problem: Stormtroopers came first. Sith troopers thus feel like a cheap knock-off of an original. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Actually storm-troopers are suddenly all now clones.

The new Star Wars DVD set has all the storm-trooper dialogues dubbed over by Jango Fett's voice.  I kid you not.

New Star Wars DVD set? What are you talking about? George Lucas died in 1998, and is therefore completely incapable of systematically destroying his own series with awful prequels and needless tinkering to the OT.

[/denial]

Sith troopers. I heard that Lucas was changing the original trilogy so that all the stormtroopers sound like Jango Fett.

Heh.

Did you hear that from three posts above. ;)

And yes, modern-day Lucas is his own worst enemy.

Why oh why does Georgie boy insist on ruining his own creation?

Because he can. It is his toy after all, if he wants to break it we can't stop him.

Yes, but why would he ruin it? If I had built a gorgeous mansion with my own bare hands and imagination that everyone thought was a masterpiece, I'd be very reluctant to screw it up, even if I felt the urge to paint the doors and windows in Barney purple.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe he doesn't see it the way we do. I've known a few people who couldn't leave a good thing alone and messed it up for themselves. GL is no different. To err is human after all.

What makes it worse; he refuses to recognize there is a significant number of people out there who strongly disagree with his changes. As such, you can't find the Star Wars trilogy DVD set without the changes he makes; he refuses to release an unedited version.

So you better get used to Jango Fett stormtrooper voices if you want Star Wars on DVD. :)

Maybe he doesn't see it the way we do. I've known a few people who couldn't leave a good thing alone and messed it up for themselves. GL is no different. To err is human after all.

What makes it worse; he refuses to recognize there is a significant number of people out there who strongly disagree with his changes. As such, you can't find the Star Wars trilogy DVD set without the changes he makes; he refuses to release an unedited version.

So you better get used to Jango Fett stormtrooper voices if you want Star Wars on DVD. :p

Personally I can't really picture them WITHOUT Temeurra Morrison's voices. I mean they ARE Jango's clones after all; what the hell is the problem?

I don't see a problem either. GL is just trying to make things more consistant between the 2 trilogies. It's not like he is replacing Alec Guinness with Ewan McGreggor or adding in totally new characters.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Personally I can't really picture them WITHOUT Temeurra Morrison's voices. I mean they ARE Jango's clones after all; what the hell is the problem?

The problem is some of us (many of us, actually) don't like the prequels. We DO like the Original Trilogy, unedited, and without really crappy CGI and piss-poor modern day Lucas decisions mucking things up. If Lucas wants to release his own version, that's fine and dandy for those who want it....but why show such contempt for people who want to buy the original version on DVD? Why can't I have the version that was seen in theaters in the 1970's and early 1980's rather than what I consider to be an inferior redesign? It's not as if there will be a lack of demand for it, so the decision seems to be based on pure ego.

The problem is some of us (many of us, actually) don't like the prequels. We DO like the Original Trilogy, unedited, and without really crappy CGI and piss-poor modern day Lucas decisions mucking things up. If Lucas wants to release his own version, that's fine and dandy for those who want it....but why show such contempt for people who want to buy the original version on DVD? Why can't I have the version that was seen in theaters in the 1970's and early 1980's rather than what I consider to be an inferior redesign?

Because you're not the series creator?

Because you're not the series creator?

You asked what the problem was. I explained it. My inability to do anything about it except consider George Lucas to be a self-centered douche is irrelevant.

The problem is some of us (many of us, actually) don't like the prequels. We DO like the Original Trilogy, unedited, and without really crappy CGI and piss-poor modern day Lucas decisions mucking things up. If Lucas wants to release his own version, that's fine and dandy for those who want it....but why show such contempt for people who want to buy the original version on DVD? Why can't I have the version that was seen in theaters in the 1970's and early 1980's rather than what I consider to be an inferior redesign? It's not as if there will be a lack of demand for it, so the decision seems to be based on pure ego.

I think that people who go on about the prequels being crap are just cry babies. post-1139-1094035323.gif

You are comparing them to films that have been considered classics for 20 years and just because they are not what u wanted them to be like u sulk. post-1139-1094035412.gif

For me they may not be quite as good but they add to my enjoyment of the OT which makes them good to me. post-1139-1094035486.gif

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

You are comparing them to films that have been considered classics for 20 years and just because they are not what u wanted them to be like u sulk.

Actually, because they aren't what I wanted them to be, I consider them bad movies which I don't want associated with the originals. Nothing more, nothing less. :p

You are comparing them to films that have been considered classics for 20 years and just because they are not what u wanted them to be like u sulk.

Actually, because they aren't what I wanted them to be, I consider them bad movies which I don't want associated with the originals. Nothing more, nothing less. :p

post-1139-1094035747.gif

Well leave them alone then, don't talk about them. It is my impression that because u spend so long complaining about them in actual fact, u secretly like them. I bet u just loved Jar Jar but ur pride won't let u admit it. post-1139-1094035976.gif

Well leave them alone then, don't talk about them. It is my impression that because u spend so long complaining about them in actual fact, u secretly like them. I bet u just loved Jar Jar but ur pride won't let u admit it.

As soon as George Lucas stop pissing all over his original creation in order to make it 'consistent' with the prequels while removing all possibility of getting the ORIGINAL films on DVD, I will be quite happy to do so. :p

Well leave them alone then, don't talk about them. It is my impression that because u spend so long complaining about them in actual fact, u secretly like them. I bet u just loved Jar Jar but ur pride won't let u admit it.

As soon as George Lucas stop pissing all over his original creation in order to make it 'consistent' with the prequels while removing all possibility of getting the ORIGINAL films on DVD, I will be quite happy to do so. :p

Actually, arn't u the head of the Jar Jar fan club? I thought i rocognised u from somewhere.

post-1139-1094036307.gif