MaStEr-ApPrEnTiCe

What do you desire to be in KotOR?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you desire to be in KotOR?

• Master
    • Apprentice
    • Don't Care
    • I've got Flaming Underpants(AKA Herpes)

What do you choose, but heed my advice...

You are the Master...

-Get your own apprentice

-No more hypocritical preaching which came off as distasteful to most gamers, myself included

-You corrupt them, or save them (Pansy!) J/K

-More influence gives you more power, meaning you feel you affect the game more

You are the Apprentice...

-Got a Master, probably Kreia

-Maybe you get a Pimpin' Master, like Jolee Bindo

-Get taught valuable lessons in which you can apply in real life

-More knowledge of the force, since you were expelled or whatever

Anyways, if it hasn't already been set in stone that you are either one, please vote. And if it has, then let this topic slowly fade away into the abyss of bad topics, for it shall be labeled as such, if set in stone...

Thoughts? Oh, and disregard that last option on the poll...please... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Master, Master,

where are the dreams that i've been after?

Master, Master,

you promised only lies.

Laughter, Laughter,

all i hear or see is laughter.

Laughter, Laughter,

laughing at my cries...

The dark side is always tempting.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Master, Master,

Master, Master,

you promised only lies.

Laughter, Laughter,

Laughter, Laughter,

laughing at my cries...

Ah...great song, great album, good times... :)

The dark side is always tempting.
manthing2.jpg

Master, Master,

Master, Master,

you promised only lies.

Laughter, Laughter,

Laughter, Laughter,

laughing at my cries...

Ah...great song, great album, good times... :huh:

Indeed it was :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is off topic, but it doesn't feel like a new topic either... unless this warrants discussion.

I'm going to refute the statement that Bastila/Revan were master and apprentice in any capacity. Bastila was at most a knight, and the council told you to take guidance from eachother, not one from another. She preached to you, sure, but I certainly didn't feel "taught" after her preaching. It just seemed like preaching, really.

EDIT: Ah yes. I'd do apprentice, I guess.

I find your argument erroneous, merely for the fact that I never stated Bastila and Revan were Master/apprentice, I specifically said no more hypocritical preaching, never declaring Bastila was Revan's master, or vice versa. I merely vocalized my opinion that the apprentice would not constantly advocate the LS, nor condemn the DS to his obvious superior, for lack of a better word, unless that apprentice was unyieldingly stubborn to his own strict rules of right and wrong. The only people that I thought would relentlessly preach would be the council, which is now destroyed by the efforts of Malak; and since there was supposed to be no centralized Jedi power at the time (Bio put that in as a tribute to the movies, or so I heard), Kreia is the only one I suspect of lecturing...But I do understand your misguided argument was a result of my usage of the word hypocritical...

@Maria Caliban: M'kay...I just assumed either you would be the master or apprentice since in the Valhalla interview, Feargus said that they are exploring the nature of the mentor-apprentice relationship which lead me to believe that you are involved, and although the thought of "NPC M/A Relationship" occured to me when I first started this thread, I went ahead and posted it anyway, ready to duck behind the bar's counter when the shooting commenced...

P.S. No sarcasm intended, on either accounts... :(;):)

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Oh, sorry for not elaborating, I meant the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, it wasn't supposed to be present at this time...you know, no high council, no centralized power... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: or at least that's what I heard...but nerds do lie, so correct me if I'm wrong...

The Jedi temple on Coruscant is one of the oldest buildings of that planet, it existed BEFORE SW:KotOR takes place.

The Jedi Order itself predates the Republic, there is no indication the Jedi Organization changed much over their more of 25.000 years of existence.

drakron.png

M'kay, I knew the Order predated the Republic m'kay...as for the Jedi Temple, that information was taken from the Bio Boards where someone said that according to the comics, their was no centralized council or Jedi Temple on Coruscant before KotOR, where they also stated that the Temple wouldn't be built until after the last Sith War until Palpatine; so the Jedi would gather for convocations from time to time in a variety of places...and after the masses that agreed with him, I took it to be true...but everything not in the movies can be considerably ambiguous...so I'll give you the argument and get back on topic, Master or Apprentice? Anyone? Anyone? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: