Anime: Emotions on a Rollercoaster

Amentep

58 minutes ago, majestic said:

Spoiler:

No, not really.

Reveal hidden contents

Her thing is more like Mimetto-kun's. She just likes whoever is popular. Although... it does make sense, what with the cover of the bad guys being a TV station and her a reporter. One usually doesn't interview random people who nobody cares about, right?

I figured that, it was just that one episode.

CHUU!

• Confused 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@majestic : I hate to tell you, but whatever PM you sent me was eaten by the forum software, :(. Any time I write a lot for an online post, I almost always CTRL+A CTRL+C all of it just in case...it's saved my hide a number of times over the years.

Glad you loved the show, even though things did get a little wacky. I'd like to note for anyone else considering this show that majestic watched literally 3 seasons of this show in about 4 days - it wasn't perfect all the way through (not at all!), but boy, that is some positively fiendish show-binging, :p.

SU mega-spoiler:

Spoiler

I'll let you know about Bismuth when I get to it! As you said, it's quite possible Rebecca Sugar never even *saw* that at the end of Sailor Moon...but depending on just exactly how much of a super nerd she was, who knows, maybe she found and watched a Japanese DVD, :p. Heck, maybe she even watched one of your lousy German DVDs!

>"Then I googled some reviews and found one that complained about Garnet representing too many black stereotypes, what with her Afro, lips, hips and hypersexualization (yeah, no, really).  Pearl apparently is also problematic because she's so white and brightens up the other gems with her fusion and makes them more cultured and sensible, while the other large fusion of "color" between African stand-in Garnet and polynesian or latino Amethyst is totally whacky and unstable."

This is why we don't get on the internet, kids. And here I am, doing the smooth-brained thing and not reading into any of the characters as being ethnically ANYTHING and just accepting them as themselves. What a fool I was! :banana:

Both Pearl and Amethyst are fantastic, as were their arcs. Garnet is great as well, of course, and also has her own arc, but everything about her is generally much more subtle and quiet than the other two - and you know what, I'm okay with that given that we already have a bunch of MUCH louder characters undergoing their own arcs, I think it's okay to have someone who is a generally a little more mature and developed than the others (especially once you throw Lapis and Peridot in the mix!) and more quietly undergoing their own changes. But yeah, Pearl is the best - I'll probably never see a character that is such a perfect mix of being broken, conflicted, secretive, motherly, emotional, dedicated, unhinged, etc., with all of it paying off.

I really wish they'd dragged the Crystal Gems more into some of the filler stuff. That one X-Files Ronaldo episode back in season 1 where the CGs explain how everything weird that happens is actually their fault while Pearl expounds upon the general stupidity and worthlessness of humans before Steven gets kidnapped by Ronaldo and they beat the snot out of him is great in comparison to some of the later filler where they only show up to say a sentence or two at most - if they show up at all.

@Lars: Yeah, a few different story threads get aborted, but Lars' and Lapis' were the most noticeable for me. Lapis makes a big show of running away YET AGAIN and...she just comes back out of nowhere in the middle of the end battle to drop literally everything show owns on the boss? Eh...this feels like one of those cases where they were hoping you were just happy that the character was back as well as distracted with everything that was going on that you don't pay attention to the fact that the story thread didn't really go anywhere - I can only presume that they originally meant to draw out Lapis' conflicts and personal demons in a much different and more prolonged way originally.

@Animation: For me, it's a mixed bag. The animation got generally more consistent with its style, which was welcome, but some of the animation back in season 1, is, in my opinion, better than almost anything that appears later outside of some very critical story moments - but season 1 also has a lot of...really ugly and unappealing stuff too, so it was probably for the best that the style got more consistent. Although later seasons have their own consistency problems as well, TBH - the amount of times I've seen Peridot or Connie look like bizarre chibi-fied versions of themselves compared to their initial season 1 appearances is way too many, :facepalm:. And I'm in the middle of season 3 right now, and boy, the way Pearl is animated sometimes right now doesn't hold a candle to some of her best moments back in season 1 - compare how she looks in Last One Out of Beach City back in season 3 to how she looks in Coach Steven, Space Race, Rose's Scabbard, etc. - there's so much more detail and love put into her animation with some of that early key stuff, IMO. And then you get episodes like House Guest where characters look like fan art made in flash or something. So eh, overall I didn't view it as either a win or a loss - just different.

Are you going to watch Steven Universe: The Movie? WARNING: It's basically a Sailor Moon movie in that it's very silly and doesn't have much relevancy to the overall plot. It's also...............a musical. And I really do mean an out and out musical - think Mr. Greg on steroids. Something to mentally prepare yourself for if you watch it. And then you have...Steven Universe: Future afterwards, which is also a very silly epilogue limited series. How do these exist when Rebecca Sugar was only just barely allowed to finish the main series in the first place? It's called Cartoon Network is pants-on-head retarded, my friend! After persistently campaigning internally for more episodes and a movie to finish the main series and being rejected by the network over and over, Cartoon Network CHANGED THEIR MIND as the main series was wrapping up, and was like "yeah, okay, sure, let's make a movie"...to which I'm sure Rebecca Sugar's initial reaction to was "what the ****?" - and then they literally only gave her just a few weeks to come up with a story and write songs for it. Pretty much the same thing happened after the movie to let SU:F happen - I'm sure finally and truly ending the series must've been a huge relief for her after years of being jerked around by those clowns.

lmao wow, speaking of the forum eating stuff, the forum literally actually just ate this entire giant post for me, but I actually practiced what I preached and made a copy right before trying to hit submit, thank goodness. I wonder if greater length ever plays a part into what is or isn't eaten...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

This forum software sucks lmao

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Seriously, don't ever write more than a couple of paragraphs without always CTRL+C-ing it - you're rolling the dice with erasing what you just spent the last half an hour-plus writing. I can't even imagine how incredibly mad I would've been I had just lost that huge spoiler that I wrote - it's literally like 7-8 paragraphs worth of text, and it's impossible to re-write all that while covering all of the same points/ideas that you originally did.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Seriously, don't ever write more than a couple of paragraphs without always CTRL+C-ing it - you're rolling the dice with erasing what you just spent the last half an hour-plus writing. I can't even imagine how incredibly mad I would've been I had just lost that huge spoiler that I wrote - it's literally like 7-8 paragraphs worth of text, and it's impossible to re-write all that while covering all of the same points/ideas that you originally did.

On mobile at least it saves my posts as a draft and I can pull up the thread in another tab and post it. It's still a pain in the ass and is a reason I don't do as many effort posts.

@ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP

That happens on desktop as well, except it's inconsistent as hell, and when the forum decides to eat your post, it seems to not save it for some reason. For example, I just wrote this post and then refreshed the page and...oh, it was gone. Well, that's not very helpful, forum - glad I copied it again, :p. Man, what the hell - I know I've seen it happen plenty of times before that it saves my post as a draft, including several times when I haven't wanted it to, but it doesn't want to do it here for some reason even though I keep trying over and over.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Sad 2

Six episodes of Sailor Stars, 11-16 I think.

We're watching faster because the show has improved and at the moment there isn't anything else interesting.

The episodes themselves are pretty formulatic filler for Sailor Moon, but they're fun so eh. The relationship angle is being pushed hard between Usagi and Sailor Star Fighter (I forgot the name of the civilian identity lmao) and Mamoru isn't responding to Usagi's letters which means something happened. Minako looks more deranged every time she gets attention, and the outer Sailors are around and really hostile to the Starlights. Iron Mouse got killed off and replaced with more metal animal Sailors, and Galaxia called herself Sailor Galaxia so maybe she is being set up as evil Sailor Moon. Whatever the case, it's a fun show and I'm enjoying it like I haven't in a while.

Oh yeah, and Usagi either had another kid or Chibi-Usa is using the 20th century as a day care, because Chibi-Chibi! Will the kids of other Sailors start showing up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Will the kids of other Sailors start showing up?

I'm pretty sure Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Minako are somehow doomed to never fall in love, even after a millennium - such is the life of a Sailor Guardian that is either not gay or not named Usagi, ;(.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'm pretty sure Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Minako are somehow doomed to never fall in love, even after a millennium - such is the life of a Sailor Guardian that is either not gay or not named Usagi, ;(.

Well that really sucks, but I guess that's the price of Crystal Tokyo.

Hey, maybe that's why Michiru was trying to set up Rei with Usagi, :p.

Episode 6:

Spoiler

SAILOR SUICIDE STRIKES AGAIN! Wait, no, Chibi-Usa stopped her.

"I have faith in you, Usagi." Boy, good thing you waited to say this in Sailor Stars instead of SuperS, Chibi-Usa, otherwise I'd call you a liar or stupid, cuz ain't nobody should be having faith in lousy SuperS Usagi.

Is Nehellenia a captive of her own nightmare? ...I have a bad habit of asking questions literally seconds before my question is answered - her eyes glowed like Mamoru's right after I unpaused. Perhaps this whole nightmare mirror is Galaxia's doing?

Usagi winning the day by giving Nehellenia the old puppy dog eyes...and then blasting her with LOVE! Classic Sailor Moon schmaltz. Well, hell of a lot better executed than how this was resolved in SuperS. ...Actually, now that I think about it, the ending of SuperS seems kind of messed up in retrospect - they sealed Nehellenia away to rot in darkness for eternity without really much of a thought for her personally (that I can remember anyways), and it's only because of this Galaxia character that set her free again that she was able to get some redemption. Feels like a big re-do after the writers realized the way all that shook out was completely screwed up. Am I misremembering - did Sailor Moon spare any kind thoughts for Nehellenia back in SuperS that I just can't remember? I'm not going to rewatch it to find out...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

In the ever beloved, extremely well thought out manga canon none of the girls have time for romance. Their only raison d'être is serving the queen. In addition to that, Rei's actually really celibate and Minako has a leftover curse from Sailor V, being doomed to never find true love (the canonicity of that however is somewhat debated).

I think I posted that before. :pMy headcanon looks different, obviously.

Anyway, speaking of the software eating posts, yes, I usually copy everything to the clipboard, then try pasting it just to see if it really copied everything... I lost an essay style post once, have been doing that ever since. Somehow, for the PM, I did not. Which... yay. Ah hell.

• Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:
Spoiler

I'll let you know about Bismuth when I get to it! As you said, it's quite possible Rebecca Sugar never even *saw* that at the end of Sailor Moon...but depending on just exactly how much of a super nerd she was, who knows, maybe she found and watched a Japanese DVD, :p. Heck, maybe she even watched one of your lousy German DVDs!

Spoiler

Rebecca Sugar is a few years younger than I am, but we were watching fansubs of animes online as early as 1997 or '98. Plenty of time for her to look watch Sailor Stars before making Steven Universe, and I bet she was enough of an anime nerd to check it out. That's almost a given when the characters in Steven Universe break out random Japanese words that any sub watcher would easily pick up.

Anyway, YouTube to the rescue!

It's a little too similar to not be intentional, I guess. With the cut away, one with a splattering of blood, the othe with a bursting lava bubble, similar sound effects. Similar, if mirrored angles.

The episode also has chibi-versions of the characters hopping around after the commercial break, like in Sailor Moon R. If that's not intentional then it is a really interesting coincidence. :)

• Gasp! 1

Spoiler

Okay, yeah. And I forgot about the fake commercial break bumpers in that episode until you just mentioned it that are very obviously Sailor Moon-inspired. Steven Universe episodes were always aired uninterrupted on Cartoon Network - they only played commercials before and after the episodes ended. At least that was one mercy granted by Cartoon Network!

Episode 7, a pile of new people:

Spoiler

Minako just crushed Artemis' head right into his seat just because he said it was great Mamoru got into a university. I like Artemis, but for some reason, I am always greatly amused when Minako abuses him. (e): Also, I'm loving watching his expressions while the girls are creeping on the popstars - front row seat to the action sitting on Minako's shoulders, and he's so done with this crap.

Whoa, wait, hold on - Chibi-Usa left? Without so much as a goodbye? What the heck. I guess it would've just been a repeat of something that already happened earlier into the season...and S, and R...but still! And Mamoru is leaving too...although I'm more okay with that one, since Mamoru has been a pretty average character at best outside of the first season. Luna giving Usagi the "you don't know it, but you're way stronger and more mature than you used to be!" speech. Once again, it's a good thing they waited until Sailor Stars to do this, because it wasn't that long ago that this would've been just a complete lie...but let's bury the hatchet - SuperS never happened, it was all a (not) beautiful dream.

Uh, Mamoru is giving Usagi a cutesy ring that he clearly had her in mind for...at the airport, directly before he's going to leave, after being surprised that Usagi was there at all because she should've been at school. You can't have it both ways, show! Are the new Sailor Guardians, the popstar guys, supposed to have women voice actors? The lead one sounds a bit like Haruka.

I take it all back, the animation for Sailor Stars is amazing:
07.png

Poor Ami - every time she tries to show interest in boys, she gets made fun of by the rest. Doesn't even make that much sense, either - besides Usagi, she's the only one that's really had any serious semblance of a boyfriend.

Sailor...Iron Mouse? Uuuhhh...I need an adult? ...............I can see why they didn't even bother to dub this in English the first time around, because now I *know* I need an adult. These new Sailor Guardians just wouldn't cut it in the U.S. It's one thing to have random villains be over-sexualized, but these are supposed to be some of the heroes...I think.

Did Usagi forget that she used to heal humans from transformed states with Moon Healing Escalation? Because I didn't! I guess we need "Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss" now, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay, yeah. And I forgot about the fake commercial break bumpers in that episode until you just mentioned it that are very obviously Sailor Moon-inspired. Steven Universe episodes were always aired uninterrupted on Cartoon Network - they only played commercials before and after the episodes ended. At least that was one mercy granted by Cartoon Network!

Reveal hidden contents

Minako just crushed Artemis' head right into his seat just because he said it was great Mamoru got into a university. I like Artemis, but for some reason, I am always greatly amused when Minako abuses him. (e): Also, I'm loving watching his expressions while the girls are creeping on the popstars - front row seat to the action sitting on Minako's shoulders, and he's so done with this crap.

Whoa, wait, hold on - Chibi-Usa left? Without so much as a goodbye? What the heck. I guess it would've just been a repeat of something that already happened earlier into the season...and S, and R...but still! And Mamoru is leaving too...although I'm more okay with that one, since Mamoru has been a pretty average character at best outside of the first season. Luna giving Usagi the "you don't know it, but you're way stronger and more mature than you used to be!" speech. Once again, it's a good thing they waited until Sailor Stars to do this, because it wasn't that long ago that this would've been just a complete lie...but let's bury the hatchet - SuperS never happened, it was all a (not) beautiful dream.

Uh, Mamoru is giving Usagi a cutesy ring that he clearly had her in mind for...at the airport, directly before he's going to leave, after being surprised that Usagi was there at all because she should've been at school. You can't have it both ways, show! Are the new Sailor Guardians, the popstar guys, supposed to have women voice actors? The lead one sounds a bit like Haruka.

07.png

Poor Ami - every time she tries to show interest in boys, she gets made fun of by the rest. Doesn't even make that much sense, either - besides Usagi, she's the only one that's really had any serious semblance of a boyfriend.

Sailor...Iron Mouse? Uuuhhh...I need an adult? ...............I can see why they didn't even bother to dub this in English the first time around, because now I *know* I need an adult. These new Sailor Guardians just wouldn't cut it in the U.S. It's one thing to have random villains be over-sexualized, but these are supposed to be some of the heroes...I think.

Did Usagi forget that she used to heal humans from transformed states with Moon Healing Escalation? Because I didn't! I guess we need "Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss" now, though.

That is very hard to believe.

Cartoon Network does not grant mercy.

Lmao forum software ate my post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

07.png

The Japanese version had female voice actors for the Three Lights too.

Spoiler

Pretty sure you're right. Between the transgender Sailor Starlights and the new cast of villains who all look like they've just come from a modelling job at a fetish gear convention, I think Toei didn't even bother to offer any US companies the license for Sailor Stars. I'm not sure why I feel the need to point that out, but the designs for them are straight from the, ahem, source material.

Minor spoiler:

Spoiler

Except for that episode when the girls to a video game convention. There's no excuse for the costumes they're wearing. Or, at least... the one that Ami is wearing. The others aren't that bad, but that was one WTF moment.

ep191.jpg

Eh, 's the only picture I could find. Small and low quality. Yay!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Small and low quality. Yay!

Just like Steph- wait nevermind.

Somewhat topical, I went through music I listened to when I was in high school and the Blood Brothers had a song titled "You're the Dream Unicorn". Lmao

• Haha 2

I made the mistake of browsing through YouTube comments on the video of Sailor Moon I've linked in the spoiler post about Steven Universe. Why do I do that? Why do I keep doing that? How is it that I can't learn from past mistakes? Why?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? 😮

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

You haven't learned Joesph Joestar's secret technique.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, majestic said:

I think you'd to well not to touch any other comic strips on the site. That's one of the more harmless ones, really.

Too late. The first Sailor Moon one, that explains why Tuxedo Mask always disappears before the battle is over, actually makes sense...

15 hours ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Six episodes of Sailor Stars, 11-16 I think.

Hide contents

Oh yeah, and Usagi either had another kid or Chibi-Usa is using the 20th century as a day care, because Chibi-Chibi! Will the kids of other Sailors start showing up?

Season 6:

Spoiler

Usagi day care.🤣

14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Episode 6:

Hide contents

Usagi winning the day by giving Nehellenia the old puppy dog eyes...and then blasting her with LOVE! Classic Sailor Moon schmaltz. Well, hell of a lot better executed than how this was resolved in SuperS. ...Actually, now that I think about it, the ending of SuperS seems kind of messed up in retrospect - they sealed Nehellenia away to rot in darkness for eternity without really much of a thought for her personally (that I can remember anyways), and it's only because of this Galaxia character that set her free again that she was able to get some redemption. Feels like a big re-do after the writers realized the way all that shook out was completely screwed up. Am I misremembering - did Sailor Moon spare any kind thoughts for Nehellenia back in SuperS that I just can't remember? I'm not going to rewatch it to find out...

Well, Nehellenia didn't give her any other choice. The best Usagi could do was skydive to save Chibiusa.

6 hours ago, majestic said:

The Japanese version had female voice actors for the Three Lights too.

Hide contents

Pretty sure you're right. Between the transgender Sailor Starlights and the new cast of villains who all look like they've just come from a modelling job at a fetish gear convention, I think Toei didn't even bother to offer any US companies the license for Sailor Stars. I'm not sure why I feel the need to point that out, but the designs for them are straight from the, ahem, source material.

Apparently they stated in the Italian version that the Sailor Star Lights were the female twins of the three guys, that somehow switched places during transformation. I can only imagine how little sense this made to viewers.

Btw @majestic, it seems I was not the only one who

Spoiler

didn't notice what happened to Mamoru's plane.

And you might be right about the fetish gear convention:

Spoiler

sailormoon.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

4 hours ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

You haven't learned Joesph Joestar's secret technique.

Speaking of JoJo's:

Spoiler

We're in Rome now. This is much better paced than Phantom Blood was. Looks like some things should be better left buried. :)

Von Stroheim ended up being a better character than I thought he'd be (unless he's not dead, characters in this anime have a habit of surviving things they shouldn't. :p)

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Too late. The first Sailor Moon one, that explains why Tuxedo Mask always disappears before the battle is over, actually makes sense...

Yay, I corrupted someone. How much did you read, or just the other Sailor Moon one?

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, majestic said:

Speaking of JoJo's:

Hide contents

We're in Rome now. This is much better paced than Phantom Blood was. Looks like some things should be better left buried. :)

Von Stroheim ended up being a better character than I thought he'd be (unless he's not dead, characters in this anime have a habit of surviving things they shouldn't. :p)

Yay, I corrupted someone. How much did you read, or just the other Sailor Moon one?

Oh **** things are about to get very weird for you.

• Haha 1

1. How does Kaolinite know SAILOR Neptune and SAILOR Uranus are "cousins"? Wouldn't that require knowing their secret identities?

2. Why does Haruka say "really?" like that? She sounds almost hopeful that Michiru will get killed.

8 hours ago, majestic said:

I made the mistake of browsing through YouTube comments on the video of Sailor Moon I've linked in the spoiler post about Steven Universe. Why do I do that? Why do I keep doing that? How is it that I can't learn from past mistakes? Why?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? 😮

YouTube comments for more weird or niche videos like the Sailor Moon English dub can be great, but they're pretty universally terrible on anything more normal - they attract all the worst kinds of mouth-breathers...and literal children. Meanwhile, I see that Cartoon Network made the wise decision of disabling comments entirely - given that the show is also nominally for kids and how retarded a good portion of the adult audience is, that's probably for the best.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I keep staring at that picture of the Sailor Moon musical. I think I need to check if at least one of them is watchable in full somewhere, ideally with subs. I wasn't overly impressed with the singing in the clip of that show that I found on YouTube earlier, but those costumes are just amazing. :p

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

YouTube comments for more weird or niche videos like the Sailor Moon English dub can be great, but they're pretty universally terrible on anything more normal - they attract all the worst kinds of mouth-breathers...and literal children. Meanwhile, I see that Cartoon Network made the wise decision of disabling comments entirely - given that the show is also nominally for kids and how retarded a good portion of the adult audience is, that's probably for the best.

SU/SM:

Spoiler

You've mentioned before that a part of the Steven Universe fandom wanted Steven to go on a murderous rampage. The same sort of people infest the comment section of the final episode uploads, like the one in my post. Not sure how one can watch Steven Universe and the Sailor Moon 90ies anime and want everyone to go on killing sprees.

One even said you didn't redeem Diablo in Diablo either. Sure, same thing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, majestic said:

I keep staring at that picture of the Sailor Moon musical. I think I need to check if at least one of them is watchable in full somewhere, ideally with subs.

For anyone that's interested:

Not sure which one that is, but 3 hours? Damn, that's some musical. :p

• Gasp! 1

I accidentally watched Attack on Titan s1 - s3 again. Honestly, even on the 2nd run it's as good as the first time. I'm still cringing on some of the dialog, but oh well. Can't have it all, I guess.

The german they sing in the intro tracks is funny. It's not wrong, but it's also not how german people speak. For example this song starts with "Seid ihr das essen, nein wir sind die Jäger!" (written wrong in the video subtitle btw) ... so anyways. This line is technically correct, but it's phrased wrong. It should rather be "Seid ihr die Beute, nein wir sind die Jäger!" This translates to "Are you the prey, no we are the hunters!" instead of "Are you the food, no we are the hunters!"

There's also some scenes in the actual episodes with very questionable translations. Now I'm just not sure if it's simply a bad translation, or if japanese people are just speaking like that and it got translated literally.

Anyways ... just saying, because it was bugging me a lot on the 2nd run. : >

Edited by Lexx
  • Haha 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."