Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hilarious how with your current lash you can already one hit pretty much anything.

 

sawbones is another item you can use to erase injuries, but has finite uses; same with the ring of reset. but i like the idea of sacrificing new hirelings to the god of cheese

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, tbf I overdid the lash quite a bit and in a real playthrough would never go that far for lack of resources.

You'd definitely use sawbones and adra potions before starting to sacrifice hirelings, because you have to create them anew every time (I tried export but once a hireling is dead "recruit" gets greyed out), that's another reason why I only took level 1 hirelings.

Getting to a realistic lash is really fast tho, 700% took almost no resources and is already insanely op if you use it with stuff like freezing pillar or chanter invocations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehehe!

What about Potion of the Final Stand? No need to remove injuries, no?

Every class can cause initial shock damage with Essence Interrupter I guess. Just make sure to hand out armor with lower shock AR like plate. 

I wonder if one can overwrite the lash prematurely with a Berserker/Wizard using friendly-fire Arcane Dampener? Else a SC Wizard with Arcane Cleanse might do. Afaik it's friendly fire. PL 9 though. :(

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Hehehe!

What about Potion of the Final Stand? No need to remove injuries, no?

Every class can cause initial shock damage with Essence Interrupter I guess. Just make sure to hand out armor with lower shock AR like plate. 

I wonder if one can overwrite the lash prematurely with a Berserker/Wizard using friendly-fire Arcane Dampener? Else a SC Wizard with Arcane Cleanse might do. Afaik it's friendly fire. PL 9 though. :(

The problem with potion (and bdd) they are combat only, at first I thought that makes it only tedious, but I just realized you can't even switch Deltro's in combat.

For the initial shock damage Essence Interrupter only works if it doesn't kill, my level 1 toons got instantly destroyed by it, haha.

Initial shock can be done via scrolls tho, no need to do it with the hired help, a main char with maxed arcana applies an insane lash.

I haven't tried Dampener yet, I will tho because I feel like it has some hidden potential (might be wrong), Arcane cleanse works, but it "only" removes 1000 sec so my main char who has insane duration due to deltro having been one of the first things i "stranded"wouldn't even lose his buff after thousands of casts xD (in fact I think duration gets fixed at some point.

I also tried resting, but my mistake was to apply 28800 secs of duration (8 hours) but a rest only takes off less than 1k hours.

IF the time a rest takes off is consistent however (which is at least somewhat doubtful, deadfire seems to have problems with all 4 digit numbers and up) then the best way to do this loop would be to remove the injuries with resting, just prolong deltros enough so it lasts thru the rest and not much longer.

Edited by Raven Darkholme
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so going to abuse the sh!t out of this...

  • Haha 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, Kaylon said:

A bit off topic, but what's the max lash you achieved while solo? I managed to reach nearly 300% and I wonder if it's possible to go beyond that...

I've never gotten over 144%, but never min maxed it, because I'm too impatient and want the lash asap.

I assume you used max arcana scroll?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

I've never gotten over 144%, but never min maxed it, because I'm too impatient and want the lash asap.

I assume you used max arcana scroll?

It was using the Essence Interrupter, but of course with an assassin. With the other classes probably max arcana is the way to go.

PS. With Abydon's challenge activated, do you know if weapons degrade based on the number of attacks or it depends on the (physical) damage dealt with the weapon? I wonder if a bigger lash makes weapons degrade slower or faster.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

It was using the Essence Interrupter, but of course with an assassin. With the other classes probably max arcana is the way to go.

PS. With Abydon's challenge activated, do you know if weapons degrade based on the number of attacks or it depends on the (physical) damage dealt with the weapon? I wonder if a bigger lash makes weapons degrade slower or faster.

Oh right, I haven't played solo Assassin since the game came out, haha.

Weapon SHOULD degrade based on doing damage (aka 0 dmg doesn't make it degrade) but the amount of damage you do per hit should not affect it.

This is only a theory tho, idk for sure, I only use fists on the ultimate, because no matter how much damage you do per hit and how fast your weapon degrades, it WILL break in a bigger fight.

(The threshold for breaking is way too low)

The only way to avoid it from breaking is constantly using abilities, those don't break the weapon at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, Raven Darkholme said:

This is only a theory tho, idk for sure, I only use fists on the ultimate, because no matter how much damage you do per hit and how fast your weapon degrades, it WILL break in a bigger fight.

I did a quick test on Dorudugan - assassin (with a 300+%lash) using Frostseeker and a scroll of Avenging Storm... Doru died in 10 regular shots. 🤣 Probably not worth the effort for the Ultimate, but still fun. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

How do you damage yourself with Essence Interrupter? Shooting at a Sigil is maybe the easiest way?

Like Waski said, using No Quarter on yourself... But you have to be in combat and use a potion of Final Stand to avoid destroying yourself. 😀

Edited by Kaylon
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kaylon said:

I did a quick test on Dorudugan - assassin (with a 300+%lash) using Frostseeker and a scroll of Avenging Storm... Doru died in 10 regular shots. 🤣 Probably not worth the effort for the Ultimate, but still fun. 

Cipher can even top it and oneshot him, but the effort is even higher.

Thing is for Ultimate its not just about the class/build anymore, anything is super op with strand of favour, you're most likely to die to a slight oversight, so it's all about grinding that practice secondary char.

That being said killing enemies fast will definitely make fights a lot safer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Like Waski said, using No Quarter on yourself... But you have to be in combat and use a potion of Final Stand to avoid destroying yourself. 😀

Ah right. Outright forgot about those. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Thing is for Ultimate its not just about the class/build anymore, anything is super op with strand of favour, you're most likely to die to a slight oversight, so it's all about grinding that practice secondary char.

if you can somehow figure how to grab gipon prudensco you can mitigate a lot of deflection/reflex targeting dmg, "no fool,i" stacks with itself when triggered out of combat ( like with missile gloves), 

ps. we need "cheese" thread...

edit. this is cheese thread 🤦‍♂️, thought i am in "ultimate" thread

gipon.thumb.jpg.b612992a5e4eba077a61075f119f9655.jpg

 

Edited by Waski
  • Like 3

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Waski said:

if you can somehow figure how to grab gipon prudensco you can mitigate a lot of deflection/reflex targeting dmg, "no fool,i" stacks with itself when triggered out of combat ( like with missile gloves), 

ps. we need "cheese" thread...

edit. this is cheese thread 🤦‍♂️, thought i am in "ultimate" thread

gipon.thumb.jpg.b612992a5e4eba077a61075f119f9655.jpg

 

It doesn't go away when the combat ends?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, Kaylon said:

It doesn't go away when the combat ends?

no, just trigger it outside combat(like with 2 pairs of missile gloves ) and use other armor for fighting, for stacking switch for smth else and save/reload

 

edit.  not true, i messed up smth when testing

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waski said:

if you can somehow figure how to grab gipon prudensco you can mitigate a lot of deflection/reflex targeting dmg, "no fool,i" stacks with itself when triggered out of combat ( like with missile gloves), 

ps. we need "cheese" thread...

edit. this is cheese thread 🤦‍♂️, thought i am in "ultimate" thread

gipon.thumb.jpg.b612992a5e4eba077a61075f119f9655.jpg

 

That armor is REALLY not that hard to get.

Main limiting factor will be Vela.

Back when the game came out I always rushed that armor even on TOI games, when I had no clue whatsoever what I was doing. (Not that it's much better now, but a little :P)

 

Edit: main important thing about reputation is, don't get positive rep with Principi before getting -3.

No idea if they changed it till now, but back then getting like +2 or even +3 would prevent you from losing rep after that.

I always just killed Mad Morena and her cave for rep, was enough to get to -4 if you kill everyone down there.

Edited by Raven Darkholme
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm I just tried it ingame and even if you switch to another armor you WILL lose gipon prudensco bonus after a fight.

Might be ok for wizard who can easily proc it with flame wall, but def not worth doing it with classes who have to use missile gloves or no quarter imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can use Missile Gloves unlimited times if you have two - why is it not worth doing so? Because too much hassle compared to Wall of Flame?

Didn't Waski say something about saving/reloading to fully exploit this?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

You can use Missile Gloves unlimited times if you have two - why is it not worth doing so? Because too much hassle compared to Wall of Flame?

Didn't Waski say something about saving/reloading to fully exploit this?

The problem is, if you want to fully exploit this you want enough deflection to tank most stuff, aka 200+.

Missile Gloves have a lot less accuracy than your melee attacks, so eventually you just can't hit yourself anymore.

Wall of flame is also bad, I tested it after my post, because my usual chars have A lot of reflex without Gipon already and with Gipon it goes up to 300 very quickly (long before deflection hits 200).

So the only choice is no quarter.

(with scordeos and bonuses from weapons 200 accuracy is quite easy and you don't even need 200 to hit a 200)

 

Saving and reloading only helps to stack several instances of th +10 deflection + 20 reflex, but unless I'm missing something big it does not stop the buff from wearing off after a fight.

 

If you have a char with good base deflection this is still quite strong,cause it doesn't take as long to buff up, but with a char with low deflection with all the saving and reloading its quite annoying to do before every fight, maybe I'm just spoiled. 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...