Choosing a multiclassed Caster build & some Blood Mage questions post 5.0 patch

20 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Imo for an MC Illusionst/Psion my preferred spells would be Dazzling Lights (check out the -10 Will debuff which stacks with Misama), Miasma (because it's extremely valuable in combination with all Cipher powers that target the Will defense - which are a lot), Repulsive Visage, Confusion (it's more useful than one might think), Enervating Terror (jeez what a spell) and Gaze of the Adragan - not really damaging spells.

all of those spells are great and I normally use these on wizards. how would you solve the Brilliant buff for this?

As I said: I wouldn't - I would use Grimoire oVW and Empower if I needed more Wizard spells during an encounter. Psion has not much use for Brilliant anyway.

A good debuffer/CC Wizard doesn't need to spam as many spells as a nuker. Mostly because the effect he causes last for some while and isn't instantly over (like direct damage is). So you won't run out of spells as quickly as a wizard who spams direct damage spells a lot. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

And you can use the Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry + Empower to get more spells in a pinch.  

Grimoire is my go to choice for wizard always, but why Empower? I think I'm missing something here that I never realized. is there an item that recovers lost spell slots after empower?

22 hours ago, Faraleth said:

Grimoire is my go to choice for wizard always, but why Empower? I think I'm missing something here that I never realized. is there an item that recovers lost spell slots after empower?

You can either empower an ability with an empower point OR regain resources (like spell uses) with an empower point. Always - it's a build-in feature of the empowerment mechanic. You don't need anything for that. Just click on Empower and then on the portrait pic. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Hmmm 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

25 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Always - it's a build-in feature of the empowerment mechanic. You don't need anything for that. Just click on Empower and then on the profile pic. 

454 hours, more than 10 full playthrough with all DLCs, and I totally missed this info 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1