Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think we need the ability to regrow the grass. The longer we play the game, grass density will start to decay because of insects fighting in the background, we accidentally cutting grass stumps or using bombs to fight bugs or gather planks. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should be able to retrieve a vrass seed or two from a chopped up stump. Then we can plant it and have the grass grow where we desire it. Same with weeds and dandelions so we can farm stems too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stryderFOX said:

This is actually making me go nuts...I cannot farm plant fiber through grass now. . . 

You still can, best thing to do is to pick a patch of grass much further away from the immediate areas you've set to farm around your base. Then just have a chopping day, get all the fiber you need, stuff it in a chest, you're good. There's thousands of grass blades so you shouldn't run short anytime soon. Though I would like to see an option to cut up grass planks into fiber too which would solve this immediate issue. You could even set up a zipline there after the hedge chip is handed in, and that would make getting to and from the grass chopping area much easier.

There is also the under construction area besides the haze biome, you could get tons of fiber there without it impacting much in the playable area of the backyard. No bugs there really either so makes it a lot nicer to chop in peace.

There are some areas abundant with plant fiber on the ground also, like the area under the hot dog box with the rotten larva blade. You will find sprigs and fiber there a lot, making it a great area to farm those. You probably knew that already but may be useful for others :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

or build a Spinning Wheel, which cuts down on the actual amount of fiber need to weave crude rope...I also used stumps to generate fiber.  Kinda a tweak to the survival aspect of the game...for the better.  I'm back to scooping up the small resources that are everywhere on the ground and not using grass for plant fiber.  Wish we could 'recycle' grass planks  into plant fiber?!?

I've also started to think about clearing entire paths from POI to POI in this way[stump grinding]...which would generate a lot of fiber and help with movement...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 10:02 PM, Rex P. said:

I've also started to think about clearing entire paths from POI to POI in this way[stump grinding]...which would generate a lot of fiber and help with movement...

I wanted to that too but I do believe that the grass plays a big role in the game. They actually serve as radars for large creatures. Everytime I see grass moving, it only means two things ( well for now until obsidian introduced new large creatures) a ladybug or a spider which makes the experience more engaging. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:50 PM, mdf25 said:

You still can, best thing to do is to pick a patch of grass much further away from the immediate areas you've set to farm around your base. Then just have a chopping day, get all the fiber you need, stuff it in a chest, you're good. There's thousands of grass blades so you shouldn't run short anytime soon. Though I would like to see an option to cut up grass planks into fiber too which would solve this immediate issue. You could even set up a zipline there after the hedge chip is handed in, and that would make getting to and from the grass chopping area much easier.

There is also the under construction area besides the haze biome, you could get tons of fiber there without it impacting much in the playable area of the backyard. No bugs there really either so makes it a lot nicer to chop in peace.

There are some areas abundant with plant fiber on the ground also, like the area under the hot dog box with the rotten larva blade. You will find sprigs and fiber there a lot, making it a great area to farm those. You probably knew that already but may be useful for others :)

 

I just enjoy using bombs to farm grass planks 😄. I would prefer the grass not growing back when the stump is not removed and just place clay foundations over it to make my own path walk. It's like walking on eggshells for me after cutting a large patch of grass where I must resist doing anything else near it or even avoid fighting insects in the area. 

If insects spawns faster now in this recent patch I do believe grass should still spawn back since you can accidentally kill them permanently. The respawn mechanic should be changed back the way it was before this patch or to what I just mentioned above that grass will not grow back if the stump is not removed.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:02 PM, Rex P. said:

or build a Spinning Wheel, which cuts down on the actual amount of fiber need to weave crude rope...I also used stumps to generate fiber.  Kinda a tweak to the survival aspect of the game...for the better.  I'm back to scooping up the small resources that are everywhere on the ground and not using grass for plant fiber.  Wish we could 'recycle' grass planks  into plant fiber?!?

 

Oh I will try this 😄😄😄!! Thank you for the info!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

once you harvest enough grass 

Spoiler

The mutation gives you plant fiber when used at stage 3

also chopping stumps of dandelions and weeds gives you fiber, and they grow back unlike grass.  

                                                

Xbox One X

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...