Remember the 20 min video of KOTOR?

Remember the 20 minuete video of KOTOR that came out like one month before the release of KOTOR on the Xbox? It could have been more then 20 min and it could have came out less then a month before release. I don't remember

I do remember that when this video came out, it was highly talked about and created new light for KOTOR. I remember how you had to download the new Windows Media Player for it to view.

The buzz over this video was all over the Bioware forums.

I know it is too early to talk about something like that now, but if some massive video like that did come out, would you view it?

I must say that by watching that video, it made me want KOTOR even more. But it also took away that first time feeling of playing KOTOR. When I first played KOTOR, it seemed as if I have already played it because of watching full 20 minuetes of it.

If something like that comes out again for KOTOR 2, I won't be one of the people watching it. I won't even watch new videos of KOTOR 2. Hell, I'm even afraid to view new screenshots of the game.

I'm doing the same thing with Halo 2. I'm staying away from all of the media surrounding Halo 2 and just relying on the text information. Thats what I'm going to do with this game. My soul information of KOTOR 2 is going to come from the previews, articles, news stories, and interviews. I'm not going to watch any video from KOTOR 2. I might view a few pics here and there though.

So when I play KOTOR 2, and finally see these enviornments and the game in movement for the first time, it would be much more rewarding.

That 20 min video was great for KOTOR but if something like that came out for KOTOR 2, I wouldn't view it.

What about you guys? I know everyone here is hungry for new pics and movies, but not me. Like I said, most of my info from KOTOR 2 is going to come from previews and interviews. And when people watch videos and such, I'm just going to read what they are talking about rather then watching it myself.

I'm trying to remain spolier free for Ep3 for that same reason.

I <3 broadband. I am such a bandwidth whore.

I am doing the same thing for this game and Episode 3 as well. I looked at the concept art and some of the screens that LA have on their site, but that is about it.

As Frank Costanza once said, I like to go in fresh when it comes to big movies and games.

That's the reason the board is so slow tonight. Ender is taking all of my bandwidth!

A great deal of what I enjoy and look forward to in a game wouldn't be shown in a 20-minute movie. The graphics of a game mean little to me though the look can sometimes influence my opinion.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Remember the 20 minuete video of KOTOR that came out like one month before the release of KOTOR on the Xbox? It could have been more then 20 min and it could have came out less then a month before release. I don't remember

I do remember that when this video came out, it was highly talked about and created new light for KOTOR. I remember how you had to download the new Windows Media Player for it to view.

The buzz over this video was all over the Bioware forums.

I know it is too early to talk about something like that now, but if some massive video like that did come out, would you view it?

I must say that by watching that video, it made me want KOTOR even more. But it also took away that first time feeling of playing KOTOR. When I first played KOTOR, it seemed as if I have already played it because of watching full 20 minuetes of it.

If something like that comes out again for KOTOR 2, I won't be one of the people watching it. I won't even watch new videos of KOTOR 2. Hell, I'm even afraid to view new screenshots of the game.

I'm doing the same thing with Halo 2. I'm staying away from all of the media surrounding Halo 2 and just relying on the text information. Thats what I'm going to do with this game. My soul information of KOTOR 2 is going to come from the previews, articles, news stories, and interviews. I'm not going to watch any video from KOTOR 2. I might view a few pics here and there though.

So when I play KOTOR 2, and finally see these enviornments and the game in movement for the first time, it would be much more rewarding.

That 20 min video was great for KOTOR but if something like that came out for KOTOR 2, I wouldn't view it.

What about you guys? I know everyone here is hungry for new pics and movies, but not me. Like I said, most of my info from KOTOR 2 is going to come from previews and interviews. And when people watch videos and such, I'm just going to read what they are talking about rather then watching it myself.

But by your logic, surely the spoilerific bonanza over at the force.net will diminish your Episode III experience, no?

manthing2.jpg

He's got the whole story for Episode 3.

The sad thing is Lucas has been screaming about keeping everything secret for years, and now you can pay to see everything going on during production of Episode 3.

So much for secrecy.

But by your logic, surely the spoilerific bonanza over at the force.net will diminish your Episode III experience, no?

For EP3 I'm spoiled 100%, I don't care about that. I know EP3 that I can tell you all of EP3 from start to finish. Who dies, who lives, and how these people die and what makes Anakin goto the DS. I know everything.

As for KOTOR 2 don't want to be spoiled. Yes I viewed all of the given screenshots and yes I've viewed all of the movies so far, but thats going to be it. From here on out its only text information and concept art.

I can be guilty of that, but I read up on all the film-junkie sites pretty often (FilmForce, theforce.net, Cinescape, AICN, NewsAskew, MrCranky, etc).

I can also be surprised from time to time. Here's to hoping Shrek 2 topples The Passion.

Wha...? there was a 20 minute video of KotOR prior to its release? Anyone care to post a link?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Something just occured to me Tyrell.

You want to remain completely spoiler free from the game, but you'll be doing interviews and coverage for the game.

If information about new characters, storyline, theme, planets, etc is going to be revealed, it's most likely to be revealed in interviews.