Bien vu Zahua, j'ai corrigé, je reupload à ce post.

Updated french translation for PBM buff abilities on this post.

Ok thanks Galad !

If I start a new game with those files, and update later with corrected french translation, or even new versions of the Community pack and BPM mod, will it still work with the current playthrough ?

No need start a new game for the new changes ?

Edit:

I have tried a new game, and I've seen a couple of issues, or some text not visually pretty.

I will try to fix that tomorrow.

abilities.stringtable

Edited by SenSx

Hello all, I would like to respectfully advocate for better mechanics on the Bellower. I know it may be outlandish, considering how the bellower is considered the best summoner and all - in my opinion this does not compare to how robust the Troub package is.

Yes there is a nerf, but even with the nerf - the troub package permeates it's malignant influence so that I lose sleep at night over it. 

From another post of mine:

I just hate how powerful troub is - and how he is the defining experience of a chanter. All of the above does not compare to rushing out skellies with many lives, semi immunity to afflictions, fast rebuff on the temp hit point shield, the versatility of pushing out different chants, better chant range, better linger if you choose it. Troub just blows it out of the water with barely any drawbacks. 

Does anyone not feel with a shorter chant radius, Bellowers doesn't get the big impact that Troub has? I say all this respectfully of course.

Edited by Zone Jiujitsu

Some of the chants do not really need very large AoE. The skeleton chant does not care at all, the one that removes concentration too since most enemies don't have concentration. Most of the chants that buff your allies do not need a big AoE since you can just group up a bit, with high intellect the AoE is sufficient. The upside is extremely powerful, I think the only issue I have with the subclass is that the power level bonus lasts only an instant so it does not interact well with things like Eld Nary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Some of the chants do not really need very large AoE. The skeleton chant does not care at all, the one that removes concentration too since most enemies don't have concentration. Most of the chants that buff your allies do not need a big AoE since you can just group up a bit, with high intellect the AoE is sufficient. The upside is extremely powerful, I think the only issue I have with the subclass is that the power level bonus lasts only an instant so it does not interact well with things like Eld Nary.

The chants are different than the invocations, even then the class just doesnt compare to Troub which blows it out of the water and gives way more than what is described. 

I think the Bellower bonus should be apllied until next invocation. This should not be too hard to change.

Apart for this Bellower is fine. It gets a very strong bonus and both penalties are manage able. 

Whether or not Troubadour is still too strong is another debate. It is the most versatile subclass by design, but what about its raw power. 

The fact that Brisk recitation buffs a couple of chants instead of making them worse (Skeleton and damage shield) is a tad OP, but you have to use them. Skeleton chant is quite strong, but mostly for combos. 

Without Brisk recitation, the linger is neat, but not that good. With good INT, any Chanter can have 2 chants effects active at once most of the time. The Phrase penalty makes low tier invocations (some are really good) quite bad with it. 

With Brisk, the net gain is 2s per phrase beyond 2... Which is again nice at high level but comes at a significant cost for chants (net drop in raw power while Bellower only have to position more carefully). 

Basically BPM Troubadour is more versatile than base chanter at the cost of being bad with low level invocations. And also a bit OP with a couple of chants. 

At high level, Great Soul also mitigates the difference between Brisk and non Brisk, making the above even more true with SC Chanter. 

Edited by Elric Galad

I have made a couple of corrections on the french translation.

Some mistakes are still there, I can't fix them.

Since the new leech update, there is a missable string on the description

https://imgur.com/1nfIjWR

What about Fatal Blow ?

On the skill descritpion appears:

+4%

+0%

https://imgur.com/uQyZsuU

Is the +0% normal ?

Is it because I tried it with a new character and no Power Level ? (is the 0 then replaced by Power Level ?)

And there is a mistake with "indépendamment"

I would like to make a couple of aesthetic changes.

- For Uncanny luck:

Currently it's:

"Résistance 5%, 5% des coups convertis en critiques, 5% des échecs convertis en éraflures, 5% des éraflures converties en coups"

I would like to change it like this:

"Résistance 5%

5% des échecs convertis en éraflures, 5% des éraflures converties en coups, 5% des coups convertis en critiques"

But I don't know where to modify this.

- Belle Âme

https://imgur.com/znqhhA3

I would like to slighlty change the first paragraph, it screams "wall of text"

I would like it to make it easier to read and understand.

But I don't kow where to modify that.

https://imgur.com/C5kUo8l

I'm just using this picture as an exemple.

The font for the numbers in the below description is a bit weird, is it normal and possible to change it ?

Thanks

Edited by SenSx

4 minutes ago, SenSx said:

I have made a couple of corrections on the french translation.

Some mistakes are still there, I can't fix them.

Since the new leech update, there is a missable string on the description

https://imgur.com/1nfIjWR

My fault.

I wanted to tell you I also modded the BPM Nerf Status file in the Localized directory but I forgot to do so.

What about Fatal Blow ?

+4%

+0%

Is the +0% normal ?

Is it because I tried it with a new character and no Power Level ? (is the 0 then replaced by Power Level ?)

It is "normal" in that the description is right since I removed the non conditional bonus damages.

But as a description it is lame. I shall remove this line. I note this as a minor priority correction.

I would like to make a couple of aesthetic changes.

- For Uncanny luck:

Currently it's:

"Résistance 5%, 5% des coups convertis en critiques, 5% des échecs convertis en éraflures, 5% des éraflures converties en coups"

I would like to change it like this:

"Résistance 5%

5% des échecs convertis en éraflures, 5% des éraflures converties en coups, 5% des coups convertis en critiques"

But I don't know where to modify this.

Good luck trying then 😉 I don't want to spend time in correcting this one. Sorry there are a couple change I arbitrate to save piece of my personal time.

- Belle Âme

https://imgur.com/znqhhA3

I would like to slighlty change the first paragraph, it screams "wall of text"

I would like it to make it easier to read and understand.

But I don't kow where to modify that.

It is not a problem of text only. It would require heavy tweak, basically to have different great soul ability for every class. Adding ability is a big mess to do (not impossible, just WAY TOO INCONVENIENT compared to other tweak).

https://imgur.com/C5kUo8l

I'm just using this picture as an exemple.

The font for the numbers in the below description is a bit weird, is it normal and possible to change it ?

Thanks

I have no idea.

I just added the entry for  Leech in the french statut file.

But it's: -10 (target) -10 (self)

Shouldn't it be: -10 (target) +10 (self) ?

Or maybe I don't understand it.

Ok, I did not know it was harder to change the first paragraph, thought it could be just like the rest of the translation.

Edited by SenSx

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

I just added the entry for  Leech in the french statut file.

But it's: -10 (target) -10 (self)

Shouldn't it be: -10 (target) +10 (self) ?

Yes, it should be -10 / +10. Smells like a brain fart from my part.

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

Or maybe I don't understand it.

Ok, I did not know it was harder to change the first paragraph, thought it could be just like the rest of the translation.

The first paragraph is auto generated. It can be tweaked but it requires heavier tweaking from the config files. I don't want to enter that mess.

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Yes, it should be -10 / +10. Smells like a brain fart from my part.

Haha ok no problem

The first paragraph is auto generated. It can be tweaked but it requires heavier tweaking from the config files. I don't want to enter that mess.

Yes ok I understand no problem, that was just for "cosmetic" changes anyway.

I have just one file left to translate in french.

the itemmods from the BPM buffs.

I actually don't know what the items are referring to...

I could translate them directly if they are just new additions.

itemmods.stringtable

Edited by SenSx

Sorry I have an other question 😅

Lets just say I want to try the game with only one or some specific changes from the BPM.

Can I delete the unnecessary files from the game data file, and only keep the ones I want ?

(and delete the unnecessary translation lines)

I tried this way, and it seems it breaks the game, the load and continue game button are not accessible anymore.

11 minutes ago, SenSx said:

Sorry I have an other question 😅

Lets just say I want to try the game with only one or some specific changes from the BPM.

Can I delete the unnecessary files from the game data file, and only keep the ones I want ?

Yep, it should work. 

(and delete the unnecessary translation lines)

No you don't have to manipulate the translation files. Without the main files, the game won't point to the new text. Modded text is harmless on its own. 

And a wrong manip within the modded text file can lead to :

I tried this way, and it seems it breaks the game, the load and continue game button are not accessible anymore.

That. This a symptom of text file erroneous manip, not a symptom of main files manip. 

By the way the instructions are on the mod page. 

• Like 1

You like Eld Nary ?

You like Bellower ?

Then you'll like the new BPM minor version that basically does only that :

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

The Bellower Power Level bonus lasts until next invocation (when it is replaced by the new, even if worse).

So you'll get the full benefit of Power Level (Acc, PEN, damages, slowing effect duration, additional bounces) for Eld Nary and its upgrade (I haven't found another Invocation which would get similar benefit).

Okay if somehow you manage to recast an invocation before the end of Eld Nary (or more likely its upgrade), the PL might be altered (to worse or better), but shouldn't change much the result. (e.g. If you cast Eld Nary with 5 phrases Empowered by Sasha's and then immediately a 7 phrases Invocation, you'll even get a couple more PL for Eld Nary, but it is marginal and even quite fun I think).

Sorry for the minor versions spam. I could have waited more, but due to personal constraints, I prefer to do it this way this time. 

• Like 6

On 1/22/2024 at 8:15 PM, Elric Galad said:

Yep, it should work. 

No you don't have to manipulate the translation files. Without the main files, the game won't point to the new text. Modded text is harmless on its own. 

And a wrong manip within the modded text file can lead to :

That. This a symptom of text file erroneous manip, not a symptom of main files manip. 

By the way the instructions are on the mod page. 

Thanks it worked of course !

Sorry for the annoyance...

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

Yes, cyclical

Can the higher ticks prioritize higher tier slots? or are they just random? Also how does the time counter work when it's frequently reapplied?

When I set a very basic AI script to cast Ancestor's Memory on a caster whenever cipher has enough focus, if they have multiple slots to fill, the tier 7-9 slots can never be filled. Is this because the frequent reapply made the counter always cycling 3-6-3-6, or because the "9" ticks don't prioritize higher spell slots?

Edited by yorname

2 hours ago, yorname said:

Can the higher ticks prioritize higher tier slots? or are they just random? Also how does the time counter work when it's frequently reapplied?

When I set a very basic AI script to cast Ancestor's Memory on a caster whenever cipher has enough focus, if they have multiple slots to fill, the tier 7-9 slots can never be filled. Is this because the frequent reapply made the counter always cycling 3-6-3-6, or because the "9" ticks don't prioritize higher spell slots?

Nope, it is always a random used slot within the define max level. High tier spells are quite hard to get back, but IMHO that is quite balanced. Remember a martial class only get 1 point, so by getting a high tier spell, even rarely, you still gain more.

And no, it is not possible to make any kind of priority or to force a regen between tier 6 and 9.T he only existing effect is "regen a random used slot between tier 1 and tier x" where x is parameter.

Note the best way to get extra mileage from BPM Brilliant is to use exactly 1 tier 3, 1 tier 6 and 1 tier 9. You'll regen the tier 3 at 3s, tier 6 at 9s and tier 9 at 15s.

New instances of Brilliant will restart the cycle at 3. But if the same effect is reapplied before it wears off, you're basically EXTENDING the effect so the counter isn't reset (the same trick applies if you reapply an effect on en identical but empowered effect : the Empowerment gets extended).

Edited by Elric Galad

On 1/23/2024 at 12:19 AM, Elric Galad said:

So you'll get the full benefit of Power Level (Acc, PEN, damages, slowing effect duration, additional bounces) for Eld Nary and its upgrade

gj, people will finally be able to cast an eld nary that continues even after the fight ends, as the lord intended

(also lol the symmetry risk of using a heavily boosted eld nary when an enemy wizard can cast spell reflect just got hilarious)

25 minutes ago, thelee said:

gj, people will finally be able to cast an eld nary that continues even after the fight ends, as the lord intended

But if all foes are dead... 

Oh wait

25 minutes ago, thelee said:

(also lol the symmetry risk of using a heavily boosted eld nary when an enemy wizard can cast spell reflect just got hilarious)

Always has been

Just more true now 

In doing some Dorudugan research, I found a small bug that I was able to fix for Saint's War Armor and the Veteran's Maneuver upgrade. The short version is that the vanilla enchantment is cleared by friendly spell "hits" making it totally worthless without some very counterintuitive and odd player behavior (definitely not intended by the designer). The fix appears to be a small toggle in the status effect from False to True for ValidateWithAttackFilter in the trigger section. I tested it just now and it no longer clears on friendly buffs. It's possible that there are still odd spells that might still trigger it incorrectly, but for now this seems like an easy enough fix. 

Here's the file: 

statuseffects.gamedatabundle

52 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

In doing some Dorudugan research, I found a small bug that I was able to fix for Saint's War Armor and the Veteran's Maneuver upgrade. The short version is that the vanilla enchantment is cleared by friendly spell "hits" making it totally worthless without some very counterintuitive and odd player behavior (definitely not intended by the designer). The fix appears to be a small toggle in the status effect from False to True for ValidateWithAttackFilter in the trigger section. I tested it just now and it no longer clears on friendly buffs. It's possible that there are still odd spells that might still trigger it incorrectly, but for now this seems like an easy enough fix. 

Here's the file: 

statuseffects.gamedatabundle 859 B · 0 downloads

Ok, will be included in the French version. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 1:17 PM, SenSx said:

Haha ok no problem

Yes ok I understand no problem, that was just for "cosmetic" changes anyway.

I have just one file left to translate in french.

the itemmods from the BPM buffs.

I actually don't know what the items are referring to...

I could translate them directly if they are just new additions.

itemmods.stringtable 1020 B · 0 downloads

Would you mind re-sharing the files for the 3 components of the mod, just to be sure I have the last version ?

In my understanding, only this itemmods file from the BPM buffs remain to be translated

On 1/22/2024 at 11:12 AM, SenSx said:

What about Fatal Blow ?

+4%

+0%

Is the +0% normal ?

Surprisingly I can't find from where this +0% comes from. I guess there is something quite simple, but I'm missing it somehow.

Anyway, since it is technically correct and underlines a change from Vanilla game, I guess it isn't too bad ^^