• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it bad form to join the forums just to make a watercolor portrait request? 😋  (I swear I spent 6 hours struggling w/ paint.net followed by GIMP)

Having a blast with Deadfire, but I'd be super-grateful if anyone had the time to watercolorize this guy (original by Piero Vianello);

piero-vianello-lightylight.jpg

Edited by JohnLovely

Vjfupbu.pngEWI7WKx.png

If anyone is interested in the process I'm using, it's pretty largly based on Phenomenum's photoshop guide, but using a combination of Photopea and PaintNet (only really using this for the ink filter) instead of photoshop.

The workflow is a little more fiddly than I'd like, as it requires: removing the background using the site linked in the guide, then doing the Exposure and Photo Filter steps in Photopea, exported it without the paper texture, applying an ink filter in PaintNet (which annoyingly puts a black background), then taking it back to Photopea for final edits & clean up and placing it onto the paper texture.

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 1

Those turned out awesome! Thanks also for mentioning the apps used :)

for comparison; the ugly mug i've been staring at for the past five hours of gameplay:

male_human_11_convo old.png

Edited by JohnLovely
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with watermark potrait for this amazing picture of moon godlike...

(all the credit for the potrait goes to arnaerr, image is posted on DeviantArt)

male_godlike_moon_d_lg.png

• 1 month later...