Firefly + Bioshock + New Vegas?

I watched the reveal for the Outer Worlds at the VGAs last year and I was immediately drawn to it.

I saw the humor and atmosphere of Firefly fused with the aesthetics and gameplay of Bioshock and the RPG design made famous by Fallout: New Vegas. In short, I saw a game I NEED!

Anyone else drawn to the Outer Worlds for similar reasons?

"Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."

I'm definitely not as enthusiastic as you but i'm cautiously optimistic. 

I have dreamed of a Firefly like game for many years, however am disappointed it is in first person only.

I don't think I will look at anything more about the game until it's released now as I don't want any spoilers.

nowt

I don't see New Vegas, but I hope it's better than that.

Based on the Game Informer gameplay footage we've seen, IMO, the writing is MUCH better than New Vegas.

"Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."

Based on the Game Informer gameplay footage we've seen, IMO, the writing is MUCH better than New Vegas.

Not very difficult. People go on about how New Vegas was some incredible game with amazing story. New Vegas sold like crap and was hated on when it came out by everyone. Then a small group that loved it and had a loud voice kept the flame of illusion alive on the internet and now people seem to think this game is amazing. It's really nothing special. I myself prefer FO3 and FO4, because they are more fun and have more engaging NPC's. New Vegas was kind of boring and had almost no story until the end of the game.

Anyways I don't understand why people keep comparing this game to Fallout. There was an obvious reference to the Fallout 4 game start in the trailer, but that's where it ends. It's more like they're putting some easter eggs in there from a franchise they love. The game itself is nothing like Fallout.

New Vegas sold like crap [...] when it came out by everyone. Then a small group that loved it and had a loud voice kept the flame of illusion alive on the internet and now people seem to think this game is amazing.

Let's hope we can do the same with Deadfire! Yee-haw *in a loud voice*!

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not very difficult. People go on about how New Vegas was some incredible game with amazing story. New Vegas sold like crap and was hated on when it came out by everyone. Then a small group that loved it and had a loud voice kept the flame of illusion alive on the internet and now people seem to think this game is amazing. It's really nothing special. I myself prefer FO3 and FO4, because they are more fun and have more engaging NPC's. New Vegas was kind of boring and had almost no story until the end of the game.

Anyways I don't understand why people keep comparing this game to Fallout. There was an obvious reference to the Fallout 4 game start in the trailer, but that's where it ends. It's more like they're putting some easter eggs in there from a franchise they love. The game itself is nothing like Fallout.

Fallout 3 was my favorite Fallout game. I liked New Vegas, but I do think it's overrated and criticism is warranted.

I did like the reputation system in New Vegas, though.