Lockdown doesn't function correctly

DiabloStorm

Question

My geomancer was confused, so I used it to cast lockdown on my pet "Skar", then I cast spells through Skar which should have done nothing to him but instead he was damaged anyway. More description lies.

JLYyheN.jpg

Edit: By the way, skar is knocked out and Lockdown is still in effect. Nice.

Edited by DiabloStorm

4 answers to this question

Nice catch.

But where's the lie? 

"Outside party" is an elastic term without further definition. One could argue that even if you are confused or charmed/dominated you will not be part of an outside party (can't be controlled etc.). But this is quibble of course. :) 

So this is either a bug or another vague description. Is it a lie? No. Calling an error/bug/oversight a lie is pretty absurd. A lie would imply intention. I Ithink we agree that the developers don't intend to put false information into the game descriptions.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nice catch.

But where's the lie? 

"Outside party" is an elastic term without further definition. One could argue that even you are confused or even charmed/dominated you will not be part of an outside party.

So this is either a bug or another vague description. Is it a lie? No. Calling an error/bug/oversight a lie is pretty absurd. A lie would imply intention. I Ithink we agree that the developers don't intend to put false information into the game descriptions.

It seems too common of a theme to be unintentional at this point.

It's absurd that we have to speculate and ponder game descriptions like this.

Edited by DiabloStorm

Definitely seems like a bug - given what's going on with afflictions elsewhere, I have low confidence in things like this being intentional.

Untargetability every where else (at least pre-4.1/4.1.2) has always been an absolute "no friggin' way this character can be affected by anything".

I hope this doesn't mean things like Smoke Veil, Withdraw, etc. are also busted in similar ways.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1