Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Companions/Followers

Companions Followers Squad Team Perks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Blathered

Blathered

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hello..........

I was wondering if this game will feature a companion(s) system allowing you to meet AI in the worlds you travel too and allow them to follow you? So when travelling around doing side quests or general casual play these companions can aid you in fight. Having the ability to change their appearance/equipment and all that stuff.

Would love to know as I think this really does help the game and allow you to play through in different angles/approaches.

Cheers,

Blathered

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4782 posts

I think you have max two companions at a time you can pick from those you have recruited, Mass Effect style.

Chairchucker

Chairchucker

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

giphy.gif

Bulldoggie

Bulldoggie

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:Bulldog0007
  • Kickstarter Backer

How about pets? If anyone from Obsidian is watching, wouldn't mind a dog, (preferrably a Husky or German Shepherd), or maybe a big cat, like a Jaguar, Tiger, etc. But NO Lions!!

UrbaNebula

UrbaNebula

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Steam:urbanebula

I don't think we'll be seeing any terrestrial animals in OW... but I've been wrong before.

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 397 posts

hoping for no micromanage equipment for companions

the fnv system of new equipment after companion quest was a great idea

daven

daven

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 700 posts

All the companions will likely be SJW nobs.

Chairchucker

Chairchucker

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

All the companions will likely be SJW nobs.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will mod in a literal space nazi for 'balance'

Kefka1134

Kefka1134

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

This sounds like what they have in mind and can be a nice system/addition IMO. 

There are many memorable companion/ihnteractino moments in these types of games. 

Chairchucker

Chairchucker

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

BTW they confirmed you get to choose all your companions' equipment except for some special item that they use in their special move.

They revealed some info about a couple of companions, Ellie who's kind of a space pirate who will be totally all right with you murdering and looting and who is proficient at finger guns, Parvati who's a sweet naive mechanic who'd prefer you didn't murder anyone, please and who from videos I think swings a comically large hammer at people, and Felix who is a rebel, fight the powers that be, smash the state etc.

Draxicus

Draxicus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

I just want a goofy/silly robot companion fueled by Tim Cains humor, that will be cool, and super funny.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Companions, Followers, Squad, Team, Perks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users