Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best paladin order.

paladin order party build

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

Hello again!

I'm looking to build an all moon godlike party and would want for them to all be of one paladin order but I don't know which order or which multiclasses I should pick.

Any thoughts?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14882 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Moon Godlikes --> Kind Wayfarers

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You use my mod? :)

Otherwise 3x10 from Silver Tide is quite far from exciting)

I'm looking to build an all moon godlike party and would want for them to all be of one paladin order but I don't know which order or which multiclasses I should pick.

I would recommend: 1 Bleakwalker/Beguiler and 4 Kind Wayfarers/Tacticians.
Go infinite.
  • Haplok likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14882 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Why Bleak Walker/Beguiler?

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Because: :)
- he wanted all of them being paladins
- there is a need for Phantom Foes - to help the tacticians.
- Bleak Walker will deal more physical damage than a Wayfarer, and ciphers like that. Plus you get a cheap source of Sicken. And having healing from a 5th Wayfarer will likely result in overheal anyway.

P.S. ... and because I didn't notice that he wanted them all to be of the same order...

Edited by MaxQuest, 08 February 2019 - 03:39 AM.

• Haplok likes this

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

Because: :)
- he wanted all of them being paladins
- there is a need for Phantom Foes - to help the tacticians.
- Bleak Walker will deal more physical damage than a Wayfarer, and ciphers like that. Plus you get a cheap source of Sicken. And having healing from a 5th Wayfarer will likely result in overheal anyway.

P.S. ... and because I didn't notice that he wanted them all to be of the same order...

Haha sorry if I was being clear what would the 5 multiclasses be then since they'd all be bleak walkers?

Also which mod would that be? (only been on these forums for a week).

Edited by MikeMikeMikeMikeMike, 08 February 2019 - 08:51 AM.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Haha sorry if I was being clear what would the 5 multiclasses be then since they'd all be bleak walkers?

Na...I was recommending 1 bleakwalker. But won't recommend 5 of them. If all paladins have to be of the same order, then it's Kind Wayfarer only.

As for whom to multi-with:
v1:
- wayfarer/trickster
- wayfarer/monk
- wayfarer/monk
- wayfarer/nalpazka
- wayfarer/skald (or another monk)

v2:
- wayfarer/trickster
- wayfarer/tactician
- wayfarer/tactician
- wayfarer/tactician
- wayfarer/beguiler

This one: adjusted racials
Obs kinda forgot to add scaling to Silver Tide and Battle Forged, so it fixes it.

Edited by MaxQuest, 08 February 2019 - 09:22 AM.

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

Na...I was recommending 1 bleakwalker. But won't recommend 5 of them. If all paladins have to be of the same order, then it's Kind Wayfarer only.

As for whom to multi-with:
v1:
- wayfarer/trickster
- wayfarer/monk
- wayfarer/monk
- wayfarer/nalpazka
- wayfarer/skald (or another monk)

v2:
- wayfarer/trickster
- wayfarer/tactician
- wayfarer/tactician
- wayfarer/tactician
- wayfarer/beguiler

This one: adjusted racials
Obs kinda forgot to add scaling to Silver Tide and Battle Forged, so it fixes it.

Why wayfarer? and why so many monks? can't i have 5 different multiclasses instead of most with tactician or monk? Or wouldn't that work?

heldred

heldred

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 180 posts

I would pick Goldpact, since survivability (stacking armor) helps a lot in POTD (even more in lower settings).  

My squad would be:

Goldpact/Wiz (bloodmage)

Goldpact/Chanter (troub)

Goldpact/Rogue (trickster or streetfighter)

Goldpact/Cipher (soulblade)

Goldpact/Druid (all decent...)

djinnxy

djinnxy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Goldpact/Chanter (troub)

Wouldn't the easy to kill skeletons from beckoner add zeal to each 25% of the time?

Edited by djinnxy, 08 February 2019 - 03:49 PM.

heldred

heldred

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Goldpact/Chanter (troub)

Wouldn't the easy to kill skeletons from beckoner add zeal to each 25% of the time?

I classify that as bit "cheddar..."  since I personally don't believe a summoner would intentionally destroy their own minion(s)... unless some sort of out-of-game mechanic could be exploited :)

I like Troub since you can shift between slow-stacking defensive chants and rapid-chants for more offensive spell power.  

djinnxy

djinnxy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Goldpact/Chanter (troub)

I classify that as bit "cheddar..."  since I personally don't believe a summoner would intentionally destroy their own minion(s)... unless some sort of out-of-game mechanic could be exploited :)

I like Troub since you can shift between slow-stacking defensive chants and rapid-chants for more offensive spell power.  

I totally agree. I was just putting it out there. Imo chanters are kind of op cheddar anyhow. Of course I see no reason not to abuse that if they leave it that way. Logic has it that if someone posts an op chanter build they better nerf another class to even things up. (not my logic)

heldred

heldred

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Goldpact/Chanter (troub)

I totally agree. I was just putting it out there. Imo chanters are kind of op cheddar anyhow. Of course I see no reason not to abuse that if they leave it that way. Logic has it that if someone posts an op chanter build they better nerf another class to even things up. (not my logic)

Fair point...  I never understood some of the balancing decisions in this game.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14882 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Goldpact/Chanter (troub)

As a Paladin you can not only get 25% Zeal from a kill (on average).
With Devine Retribution you also get +2 Zeal on top because summons count as allies.
You can also get +1MIG/RES from those amulets you can get in SSS (stack to +4).
And if you kill with Grave Calling you produce a foe-only Chillfog that profits from weapon enchantments.

Yes, I'm using a single class Paladin atm. ;)

Edited by Boeroer, 08 February 2019 - 09:32 PM.

Elric Galad

Elric Galad

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1569 posts
Goldpact Druid has an illegal AR without any recovery penalty especially if you pick bear shift.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paladin, order, party, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users