Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Incorrect line delivery by voice actor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AeonsLegend

AeonsLegend

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 587 posts

So this has bugged me for a while and I didn't know why until I finaly realized the voice actor was putting the wrong emphasys on words and delivered his lines completely wrong.

This is about the short cutscene that plays in Dunnage in the The King's Coffin between the two pirates regarding the pulling of teeth.

Now the pirate Llendreth kills another pirate after arguing about pulling teeth right after death or waiting a while and then pulling them.

The line in question is: "What do you know - It really does make no difference." 

The line is delivered as if Llendreth is proving his point after killing the other pirate, but he is in fact simply confirming that the other pirate is right. This means the line should have delivered as if he was surprised and then confirming it by stating it doesn't make any difference after all.

Can't believe the director also didn't pick this up.

• Wormerine likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2981 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, I noticed it too. 

Eelectrica

Eelectrica

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Steam:Eelectrica
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

They will never top Dwarfs having row (your boat) from White March.

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

You can report such things here.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3136 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

You know, I never put it together before, but that Llendreth has got to be the one you can hire for your crew-- the only Helmsman in the game who can level up to 4 stars.  Probably aren't many other fearless, impulsive Orlans named Llendreth hanging out in Dunnage.

Anyhow, I didn't find the delivery to be distractingly bad.  A small bit of misplaced emphasis (too little on "what" and too much on "you"), probably the result of the VA wrangling the accent. 

• Hawke64 likes this

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1369 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
After watching that cutscene I agree it's a very confusing delivery.

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1379 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I really do not see (or hear) what other people are complaining about. The delivery sounds fine to me. It's literally like "oh hey, what a fun surprise, it turns out the other guy (whom I just killed in cold blood) is right after all."

that being said, LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

Edited by thelee, 03 February 2019 - 04:19 PM.

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1369 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

I really do not see (or hear) what other people are complaining about. The delivery sounds fine to me. It's literally like "oh hey, what a fun surprise, it turns out the other guy (whom I just killed in cold blood) is right after all."

that being said, LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

In all fairness, that's not what he said tho. Saying, what do you know? And then you're right, is contradictory and weird. Its comical and confusing and being called out as such.

Edited by Verde, 04 February 2019 - 01:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users