Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forgotten Sanctum and insta death without injuries

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Valordin

Valordin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

So I have been really enjoying this game. Up till today where out of nowhere, any time one of my party members gets "downed" they immediately just die completely and exit party. Looking at the combat log, sometimes, it doesnt show anything even killing the party member. Just that they died and left party. No, before you all ask, I dont have Grog as a pet. The game was working totally fine up till i started in the Forgotten Sanctum. I first noticed it on my second or third wipe on the first few Vithracks when you first start. I am playing on POTD. The first few pulls the Vithracks blew me up pretty hard core because I wasnt expecting so much dmg from the caster with that purple lazer thing. Well, needless to say, it killed my ranged group in about a second. At this point, the game is working fine. I wipe and reload. I think I wiped again and then on the third time attempting it, If one of my characters get unconcious, they just permadeath on me and leave group. No injuries on anyone. It can even happen to my main character. What gives? I have now made it to the room with the ghost child that spawns a billion adds and i have given up trying to work around this issue and and looking here for a fix. Please Help!@!!

• umie214 likes this

adragojlovic

adragojlovic

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 828 posts

Greetings Valordin,

My apology for any inconvenience regarding questing through the Forgotten Sanctum in PoTD :) Would it be possible for you to provide us with your savegame file so that our Dev team can investigate this issue on their end?

https://forums.obsid...o-report-a-bug/

Cheers.

Morgalm

Morgalm

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I am getting the same issue as well when I am fighting the luminescent spores in the quarantine section.  I think it happened in one of the seeker slayer fights as well.  Seems to say luminescent spore infected eder with Llengraths teachings and then shortly after hes just dead.

umie214

umie214

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

this hasn't been fixed yet. i'm insta-dying while fighting Luminescent Spores in the Sanctum. zero injuries; spore not only insta-downs my hero, but outright kills him when he has zero injuries at the beginning of the fight. as the first poster stated, i imagine this bug gets a lot worse later in the dungeon.

seems to be related to Lengraths Teachings or Safeguard being cast by the Spore, and getting charmed. i think charmed targets outright die when the charm is up.

i'm a bit amazed this game-breaking bug hasn't been fixed after so many months. instead of enjoying the dungeon, i basically have to suffer by letting my lvl 20 heroes die, looting them, and retraining them after each Spore encounter (i sure as hell aint redoing these fights). weird how this bug isn't discussed much.

Edited by umie214, 18 April 2019 - 11:37 PM.

Nsmash

Nsmash

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I am also experiencing this issue.  In my case, it's happening in the Seeker Slayer Survivor arena.  

In the Maerwald fight, Konstanten had over half his health left and no injuries, then suddenly died and was deleted from the party.  I tried to find what had happened to him in the combat log, but it looks like he only got hit by a few magic missiles.  Here are my savegame fiels from before and after the fight.

Before:

https://www.dropbox....1.savegame?dl=0

After:

https://www.dropbox....2.savegame?dl=0

I hope this issue gets prioritized soon.  Having a companion with story content get randomly deleted is a pretty heavy roadblock to playing.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15272 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Just to be sure: you don't have the pet "Grog" equipped, have you? OP didn't and I assume you also don't use it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask... :)

Edited by Boeroer, 20 April 2019 - 12:11 AM.

• Archaven likes this

Nsmash

Nsmash

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Just to be sure: you don't have the pet "Grog" equipped, have you? OP didn't and I assume you also don't use it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask... :)

Correct, I'm using Evie, not Grog.

umie214

umie214

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

this has nothing to do with Arcane Sanctum turns out. my heroes are getting insta-killed inside the Crucible as well. Gonna keep bumping this until this game-breaking bug gets the attention it deserves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users