What is coming

Chilloutman

****... I have a m2 that's just been lying here since summer.  I  truly can't arse myself to install it, even though the gains would be massive. I will say this, but the Corsair 900d was not built for easy  access to the screws that holds the expansion cards to the chassis, I need an L shaped special  screwdriver to unscrew it, and it takes fricking ages! It took me 30 minutes to tighten down the Vega when I installed it.

k2cwivv1m8941.png

Oh, how I lol'd. 😄

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Intel chose a boring code name for their discrete GPU - DG1. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

AMD's CES presentation was certainly full of memable content..

fnm66p3zn8941.png

..but nothing on Zen 3 or big Navi which were my main interests as a consumer of electronics. I'm not particularly worried about no big Navi news though, and don't think it means anything for when it's coming.

I didn't watch the Intel presentation but the general reaction does not seem to have been positive.

Yeah, but AMD was really mean to Intel, the slides, the pricing gimmick, it brought me many lulz. 😄

Intel did present comparisons between an AMD gaming laptop with a 2060 and an Intel one with a 2080.. Sure, the fine print states it so, but it's definetly enough to go past most users.

Taken from https://www.anandtech.com/show/15344/amd-at-ces-2020-qa-with-dr-lisa-su

Gordon Ung, PC World: Do you think that AMD has to have a high-end competitor in the discrete graphics market?

LS: [laughs] I know those on Reddit want a high end Navi! You should expect that we will have a high-end Navi, and that it is important to have it. The discrete graphics market, especially at the high end, is very important to us. So you should expect that we will have a high-end Navi, although I don’t usually comment on unannounced products.

That's as much as we get I guess.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 2 weeks later...