Why is Vela constantly in my Captain's Quarters?

I'm still doing my first playthrough, halfway through currently at BoW. Game is really awesome, but is Vela ever gonna do stuff? I mean, she had her own ending slide in PoE, but she's just hanging around being a brat. I understood from the ending, that it would complicate things.

I'm still doing my first playthrough, halfway through currently at BoW. Game is really awesome, but is Vela ever gonna do stuff? I mean, she had her own ending slide in PoE, but she's just hanging around being a brat. I understood from the ending, that it would complicate things.

Not right now, but in PoE5 the entire stronghold system will revolve around dealing with teenage Vela. As a matter of fact people might complain about too much money to spend, but they should already start thinking about saving for Vela’s education.

• Like 7

Not right now, but in PoE5 the entire stronghold system will revolve around dealing with teenage Vela. As a matter of fact people might complain about too much money to spend, but they should already start thinking about saving for Vela’s education.

To continue on this silly but funny tangent: interesting how you reveal yourself to be from an English-speaking country, there. Maybe the international editions will be slightly different, in the sense that Vela can actually get an incredibly good university education for free, enabling her (among other things) to speak a large number of languages unlike the English-speaking people who've paid fortunes for their education and can only speak one.

• Like 1

To continue on this silly but funny tangent: interesting how you reveal yourself to be from an English-speaking country, there. Maybe the international editions will be slightly different, in the sense that Vela can actually get an incredibly good university education for free, enabling her (among other things) to speak a large number of languages unlike the English-speaking people who've paid fortunes for their education and can only speak one.

This hits too close to home. ;_;

Edited by protopersona
  • Like 1

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

XD I am polish but I did study in USA, currently live in UK. Good catch.

I am pretty sure though, that Valiant Republics would charge for their education though, and they seem like a country in which I would be willing to educate Vela, especially as my PC has similar ideals as them.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Teenage Vela? More like PoE3. ;)

There was a discussion a few months ago and we speculated that she will go through a gothic phase and join the Bleak Walkers. :p

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Just kill her and cook the meat she drops. Orlans are tasty.

Unacceptable! You can't simply eat it. First recruit as many Orlan crew members as possible, then include Serafen and Mirke in your party and make some custom Orlan companions. Preferable one with Hiravias portrait. That is it. Now you can have your supper. ;)

sign.jpg

XD I am polish but I did study in USA, currently live in UK. Good catch.

I am pretty sure though, that Valiant Republics would charge for their education though, and they seem like a country in which I would be willing to educate Vela, especially as my PC has similar ideals as them.

Fair enough, and I agree that the Vailian Republic would charge for education -- rather a lot, too, I think. The game world doesn't contain anything resembling the Scandinavian model of building a society, which happens to be the one I favour, both in theory and practice (i.e. from the experience of having grown up in it).

• Like 1

An orland lifespan is about a fifth shorter than a humans so that would make her five/six in calendar years but six/seven in 'orland years'. (Human lifespans according to the POE1 guide are between 60-100 and orland 50-80.) But of course innocence is not predicated on age so this is just interesting trivia.  :w00t:

Heh, the first time you meet Vela she's asking the priest about getting more booze. I don't think she's as young or as innocent as you're all assuming she is.

Yes, it didn't take long for her to pick up bad habits on the boat. Unless it started earlier, in Caed Nua.

If there is no PoE3, I'll assume my character ended up leading the Principi Council and Vela eventually joined as well.

sign.jpg

An orland lifespan is about a fifth shorter than a humans so that would make her five/six in calendar years but six/seven in 'orland years'. (Human lifespans according to the POE1 guide are between 60-100 and orland 50-80.) But of course innocence is not predicated on age so this is just interesting trivia.  :w00t:

They are also generally distrusted and used as slaves. Orlans have it hard in general. I would not judge Vela for being high on ripple sponge and drunker than Mirke. Stolen from the crib by to weird person who talks to ghosts. And it just gets weirder from there.

Nerf Troubadour!

They are also generally distrusted and used as slaves. Orlans have it hard in general. I would not judge Vela for being high on ripple sponge and drunker than Mirke. Stolen from the crib by to weird person who talks to ghosts. And it just gets weirder from there.

Exactly. Depending on the order you play PoE1, she will be in your backpack in several dangerous moments. She was already one of the greatest adventurers in Eora before even learning how to walk.

- Rappeling in the Ogre caves

- Durgan's battery lift battle with the skuldraks

- The Battle in the Forge

- Sneaking into the Iron Flail Fort.

- Several Dragon Fights

- Diving in Cilaban Rilag

- Diving in the End of WM part II

- The Battle of Yenwood

- Jumping in the Hole (Burial Island)

Edit: Also, this one lol

Minecart.png

Edited by InsaneCommander