I hope you have good programming skills in c#, because I'm sure this can only be done by editing the game's code in Assembly-CSharp.dll and it sound like a lot of work.
The file is under "Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\Managed". You can use dnspy (google it) to edit Assembly-CSharp.dll.
I had some.. experience with modding Assembly-CSharp.dll via IEFramework for PoE1. Made a mod
with few bug fixes.
But still I'd rate my experience as very limited with both C# and Pillars. I mean I can edit some existing stuff. But don't know how to add new stuff.
I *think* this might be possible without dll work, but it is still a fair amount of work. Status effects can stack, so the first step is replacing all the shred powers for the Soulblade. You can also do AoE attacks that ignore the target. The only real tricky part is triggering/removing the stacked SEs.
So... if step by step it would be:
- s1. Create "Soul Fracture" status effect. Which is stackable and has a duration. Probably use Forbidden Curse as starting point, copy and edit it. Also take a look at Modwyr or Gravecaller for how they implemented stack cap.
- s2. Edit existing shred powers, to apply "Soul Fracture" onDamage. How?
- s3. Create "Soul Splinters" AoE... ability? For starters it can deal fixed 10 raw damage.
- s4. Somehow attach "Soul Splinters" to "Soul Annihilation"
- s5. Edit "Soul Splinters" damage:
> it should know
how much damage was dealt by SA (or calculate it itself)
> take into account existing "Soul Fracture" instances. And increase damage by +20% for each. Or if there is no instances - don't deal damage at all.
> clear "Soul Fractures". (like Wave Walker clears fire effects?)
This idea peaks my curiosity, but no guarantees. RL is kicking my ass right now.
Edited by MaxQuest, 08 December 2018 - 07:56 AM.