Hi guys. I'd love to hear some suggestion from you on building a great party with the story-companions for my next run on PotD. At the moment I'm playing with custom adventurers and it feels ok, but I feel I'm missing some banter and some good dialogues. 

I was thinking about recruiting Pallegina (Tuono e Fulmine build), Serafin (built as witch with Willbreaker) and Tekahu (Tāwhirimātea, the God of Storms build) (btw: thank Ascaloth, your take on companions is always very interesting). 

My doubts: 

1) Will Serafin be good enough as an offtank? The idea is to make him sort of a debuffer with weapon (Willbreaker+modal) and spells (Secret horrors, etc.)

2) It seems that I'll lack a solid tank: I'm already playing as Trickster/Unbroken in my current run, so in principle I'd love to leave that role to a companion. Who do you suggest? Maybe Rekke? i find Eder's bromance a little bit boring in the long run.

3) As for me, I'd love to play some good AoE damage dealer, siding with the Valian Trading Company (being mediterranean, that's always my favorite faction, ac?). I'd love also to try the sheer power of The Deep Leap build by Boeroer, but it seems too dependent on alpha strikes made from stealth. Am I wrong? Boeroer, I hereby summon you to answer!  :grin:

4) Will I lack in the healing department? And if so, how do you suggest to fix this?

5) An alternative could be hiring Fassina (for an all-out pro VTC party) and build her as a single class wizard and fill again the tank role. Any suggestion on a tank-healer-but-also-not-boring build? Has anyone played with Fassina and has a suggestion on how to build her?

Agracima everyone in advance. 

• Like 1

Pallegina as a herald is an extremely strong tank considering a chanter's summons can tank anything indefinitely when managed and you still have a pillar of a paladin class that can also tank and support.

Fassina too can have her summons tank as a Loremaster and blasts them with her wizard spells without a care though her conjurer subclass kinda locks her out of a bunch of good nukes.  As a sorceror (druid multiclass) she could cinch up the healing by grabbing a few druid healing spells since they are pretty strong.

If you are going for banter and additoinal dialogue, don't expect too much from sidekicks.

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Pallegina as a herald is an extremely strong tank considering a chanter's summons can tank anything indefinitely when managed and you still have a pillar of a paladin class that can also tank and support.

Fassina too can have her summons tank as a Loremaster and blasts them with her wizard spells without a care though her conjurer subclass kinda locks her out of a bunch of good nukes.  As a sorceror (druid multiclass) she could cinch up the healing by grabbing a few druid healing spells since they are pretty strong.

If you are going for banter and additoinal dialogue, don't expect too much from sidekicks.

I'd prefer to build Pallegina as an off tank with the Tuono e Fulimine build: she is supposed to run through the battlefield proccing disengagement attacks... so she can't fill the tank role. I'll stick with good guy Eder as a tank then. 

Edited by peolone

Seems like my Pallegina and Tekehu builds keep getting cited recently. Thanks. :grin:

As others have said, Serafen's utility is questionable at best. Which is why I'm currently testing a theorycraft for him at the moment, in hopes of making him at least somewhat viable. It's been performing pretty much as I expected... with a caveat or two. Oh, well. :getlost:

Either way, you probably wouldn't want to use Serafen as an off-tank; he's liable to be as much of a hindrance as a help in that role.

• Like 1

i know it wasnt the original question but i thought id mention that you could try "respeccing" companions with the unity console mod. its what i do now cause custom adventurers were ... well... quiet ^^

now my pallegina is a liberator for example. its a bit of work when you respec them, and make sure they have all the right stuff and arent missing a skill point or whatever, but once its set you can just play it like that

Seems like my Pallegina and Tekehu builds keep getting cited recently. Thanks. :grin:

As others have said, Serafen's utility is questionable at best. Which is why I'm currently testing a theorycraft for him at the moment, in hopes of making him at least somewhat viable. It's been performing pretty much as I expected... with a caveat or two. Oh, well. :getlost:

Either way, you probably wouldn't want to use Serafen as an off-tank; he's liable to be as much of a hindrance as a help in that role.

Who would you suggest as a flanker fighting just behind the main tank if I need to choose between companions ? I don't think there's much choice. I'm thinking now a party with Eder tanking in the front, Pallegina zipping around, Tekehu in the back dealing AoE damage and some occasional heals, and the Deep Leap shooting to clumped up enemies; I feel I still lack something sturdy that can intercept enemies and tank for a while. Maybe I could just use Rekke as a Brute (I really fancy The Willbreaker). Or Aloth as Battlemage? 

• Like 1

i know it wasnt the original question but i thought id mention that you could try "respeccing" companions with the unity console mod. its what i do now cause custom adventurers were ... well... quiet ^^

now my pallegina is a liberator for example. its a bit of work when you respec them, and make sure they have all the right stuff and arent missing a skill point or whatever, but once its set you can just play it like that

I know. I'm trying not to use Unity console, because it gimps the performance so much it makes playing a real pain. 

• Like 1

Who would you suggest as a flanker fighting just behind the main tank if I need to choose between companions ? I don't think there's much choice. I'm thinking now a party with Eder tanking in the front, Pallegina zipping around, Tekehu in the back dealing AoE damage and some occasional heals, and the Deep Leap shooting to clumped up enemies; I feel I still lack something sturdy that can intercept enemies and tank for a while. Maybe I could just use Rekke as a Brute (I really fancy The Willbreaker). Or Aloth as Battlemage? 

A Battlemage Aloth can easily be tankier than even Eder, so yes, he could be a good choice. Or you could set him as the main tank, and deploy Eder as the off-tank who can zip around with Charge. Rekke could work as well, and if you set him as a Brawler you can use Tuotilo's Palm as his shield on top of it.