So, right now, and I know this is going to drive some folks nuts, I'm trying to decide between these three options. 

1. Brute (Berserker/Devoted): Basically, Regen tank. Stacks high Might and +Healing to get the best use out of Unbending and then just soaks damage and heals up while laying into enemies. 

2. Pure Barbarian (Berserker): Access to higher level Barbarian powers like the Dazing upgrade to Barbaric Yell and Heart of Fury, as well as Barbaric Retaliation. 

3. Marauder (Berserker/Streetfighter): Basically a food processor of whirling death and destruction, that can't take a hit until I grab better armor and Nemnok's Cloak to allow for on-Bloodied/Near Death effects. Basically, a big bundle of hit points to soak the first few crits to proc Ironskin, followed by Barring Death's Door. 

Leaning toward the Brute or the Marauder. 

Better armor and ironskin does not much in the DLC, you still get critted alot, because of the low deflection. BDD is just for that, that you can heal up before you die. Spirit Tornado is just the best thing, because it mostly terrifies the enemies.

At level 19 with Heartbeat Drumming? As opposed to Streetfighter right from level 1?

Also compare the damage output...

Ravager can compensate a bit by attacking crowds with Raised Torment but....

Edited by Haplok

Heartbeat Drumming doesn't give AS, what are you talking about. But you get Swift Flurry very early. You can use weapons that give AS if you need even more. At higher levels you start stacking accuracy with Enduring Dance and damage with Turning Wheel, and that's even before Heartbeat Drumming. All this while not having to worry about being flanked or bloodied.

I could reasses if there was a reliable way of getting flanked when playing with a group, but there isn't, unless you use Blunderbuss modal or something.

Edited by Manveru123

Here's a quick vid of a fight using a Brute (in the same area as the Brawler vid in my earlier post)

https://youtu.be/T9PFj8Ql04Q

Even though it did way better dps, it's just not as fun as the Brawler IMO.

Although it did point out that there's no need to take the shout & spirit tornado (Terrified > shaken and both are resolve afflictions)

Edited by Theosupus
  • Like 1

Heartbeat Drumming doesn't give AS, what are you talking about. But you get Swift Flurry very early. You can use weapons that give AS if you need even more. At higher levels you start stacking accuracy with Enduring Dance and damage with Turning Wheel, and that's even before Heartbeat Drumming. All this while not having to worry about being flanked or bloodied.

I could reasses if there was a reliable way of getting flanked when playing with a group, but there isn't, unless you use Blunderbuss modal or something.

Swift Flurry... which does not stack with Frenzy speed. Apart from the +5 Dex part.

We were speaking about melee barbarian, so good luck stacking Accuracy with Enduring Dance.

Berserker devoted is a great class combo because the damage you take from your own Frenzy keeps refreshing defense up and triggers unbending. If you take void Ward Ring you can end up healing while your frenzy is running

You’re doing a good job of selling this berserker/devoted combo. As a rule, I don’t like playing berserkers. But now I kinda of want to try this combo out!

Berserker devoted is a great class combo because the damage you take from your own Frenzy keeps refreshing defense up and triggers unbending. If you take void Ward Ring you can end up healing while your frenzy is running

You’re doing a good job of selling this berserker/devoted combo. As a rule, I don’t like playing berserkers. But now I kinda of want to try this combo out!

comparing the two vids the Brute kills the mobs faster but the Brawler was just more "fun" jumping around so much. I will try to rework the brute to include leap and charge to see if i can get some more mobility into it.