Shattered Pillar "bonus" and how it might be fixed

So I've been playing a Shattered Pillar post nerf and I realized that it doesn't really have any plus compared to the minuses. It allows for a more weapon centered monk but it's severely gimped in comparison to any other monk receiving it's wounds the default way.

So what if Shattered Pillars receive a new ability similar to other subclasses?

My Idea is that once per rest (for like 10 or 20 seconds during battle maybe?) they can apply their Transcendent Suffering bonus to their weapons. It could be called like "Transfer Suffering" or something.

Or it could just get a buff to the rate at which wounds are gained but that's boring.

As already suggested (by someone else) in another thread, they should put the wound cap back to 10. The fact that it only gives wounds with auto attacks is enough of a drawback.

Auto Attacks lol. Most monks use stunning surge, because with an shadowdancer, you crit most of the time and get your mortification back. So SP with 5 wounds cap and auto attack is just not worth it.

Either abandon the "wound-spender" archetype altogether and put their cap at 10, or allow them to generate wounds off of abilities but adjust the numbers involved.

Incidentally, why do you say Shattered Pillar is more weapon-centered? AFAICT it is exactly as good with weapons as any other monk, which is to say, pretty good. If anything, some single-class SP builds will specifically want to use fists for their high base damage and speed.

Why does a Shadowdancer crit more than other Monk multiclasses with Stunning Surge?

Dirty Fighting, I guess? Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Either abandon the "wound-spender" archetype altogether and put their cap at 10, or allow them to generate wounds off of abilities but adjust the numbers involved.

Incidentally, why do you say Shattered Pillar is more weapon-centered? AFAICT it is exactly as good with weapons as any other monk, which is to say, pretty good. If anything, some single-class SP builds will specifically want to use fists for their high base damage and speed.

Shattered Pillar is more weapon centered because they need to use weapons to gain wounds. I was hoping for a more creative solution than just number adjustment honestly.

Why does a Shadowdancer crit more than other Monk multiclasses with Stunning Surge?

Dirty Fighting, I guess?

Fighter and Barb both have access to higher hit to crit bonuses than Dirty Fighting. Also self accuracy buffs which the Rogue lack. In other words; they don't.

Edited by thundercleese

Shattered Pillar is more weapon centered because they need to use weapons to gain wounds. I was hoping for a more creative solution than just number adjustment honestly.

Pretty sure fists count as melee weapons for this purpose. I'm not ruling out the possibility that I'm mistaken, since it's been a while since I've touched one, but I think I'm right about this.

Anyway, it's a numbers problem, and its needs a numbers fix. Tacking on geegaws won't get rid of the problem, because the issue is systemic.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Pretty sure fists count as melee weapons for this purpose. I'm not ruling out the possibility that I'm mistaken, since it's been a while since I've touched one, but I think I'm right about this.

Anyway, it's a numbers problem, and its needs a numbers fix. Tacking on geegaws won't get rid of the problem, because the issue is systemic.

Fine whatever, not worth arguing over. I was just suggesting something like the unique abilities that subs like Soul Blade, Troubadour, Ghostheart, get. You know, creative utility that can be used in builds and stuff instead of flat stats and number crunching.

Forgive a naive lad for wanting fun cool things pappy. 

Dirty Fighting, I guess?

Fighter and Barb both have access to higher hit to crit bonuses than Dirty Fighting. Also self accuracy buffs which the Rogue lack. In other words; they don't.

I admit is was a trick question. :)

Players might still think that the rogue is the king of crits in Deadfire because he was in PoE.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Erm... That's like saying:

"Coffee quenches thirst best because I never get thirsty when I drink 2 liters of it per day". :)

Because i can not explain it. I critted nearly always with a full attack and dual wield. There you have 2 chances to crit. Maybe because it was not upscaled and i did not test it with a high deflection enemy like nemnok.