So, I've finally decided that I want to make a Holy Slayer! Yay! Presto! Stupendous! It offers lots of healing, pretty decent damage, amazing defenses, and good support. 

Now! 

I'm having a heck of a time deciding on a Rogue subclass. My first gut instinct is Trickster, for the defensive buffs, in order to make Riposte work better. But then I also feel like Streetfighter would be a good choice as well - it allows for me to launch Full Attacks much more quickly, get even more bonus damage against Sneak Attack vulnerable targets when Flanked and Bloodied, and also get away with wearing heavier armor like plate. The downside is, I won't have the 40 Deflection from Mirrored Images, the 20 Reflex from Llengrath's Displaced Image (And the hit to graze), or access to as many afflictions from things like Ryngrim's Visage, Confusion, and the like. 

Curious to hear what you guys think! 

What I'd suggest, now that you've narrowed it down, is you take a save game where you're already a fair way through the game, make some hired adventurers and test the combos yourself. You can use console to get the gear if you don't already have it.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from asking questions here, just at the end of the day suggestions from others only go so far; only you will know what you find enjoyable. And just because one person has a lot of success with a certain class/build/combo, doesn't necessarily mean you will.

I suggest Trickster, at the end you can tank monsters even with DW - streetfighter to tank something need ugly monk shield :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I prefer Trickster. I got some pretty nice results by using Xoti's Sickle and Reckless Brigandine, with Akola's Apex Ward and your own Riposte. Your damage is of course not going to be as good as when dual wielding, but you're not just an immovable brick either. Grab Shared Flames and Inspired Beacon. I like pairing this character with a Herald, who stacks healing auras, supports with greater LoH, and adds to damage with Sacred Immolation. Superb duo, I'm still working on optimizing them tho.

What I'd suggest, now that you've narrowed it down, is you take a save game where you're already a fair way through the game, make some hired adventurers and test the combos yourself. You can use console to get the gear if you don't already have it.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from asking questions here, just at the end of the day suggestions from others only go so far; only you will know what you find enjoyable. And just because one person has a lot of success with a certain class/build/combo, doesn't necessarily mean you will.

That's a good idea. I'll go ahead and give that a try. 

Unless you're 'main tanking', Streetfighter is the more arguably powerful of the two, but Trickster is imo much more fun to play, since you don't need to worry about being constantly flanked/bloodied.

You should definitely play what you prefer, in the end.

• 1 month later...

For solo runs I’d be inclined to go for streetfighter — when you’re the only target, it’s relatively easy to get flanked fo get the main streetfighter benefit. And for the really long fights (and the already long fights will run even longer without the streetfighter offensive buffs), your trickster guile can run out. And if you’re relying on it for defense, and you run out halfway through the fight, things can go south pretty quickly.

But in group play both are great. And since it’s pretty clear you prefer the trickster experience, go with that!

• Like 1