Only one save location available.

Lonestar166

Question

Greetings Today I reinstalled Deadfire after a fresh install of Windows 10. I started a new game and saved it.

Then I went into my saved games and deleted all of my old saves as I had no intentions of playing them again.

Now I see I have one save, which is the new one I just created.

My problem is, every time I go to save the game now it gives me no other option but to over write or delete my one and only saved game. Why am I not getting the option I've had in the past to create a new save in a new save location?

Is there a way to create more save locations?

I play this game using Steam, with Steam saves enabled.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

post-182211-0-23579100-1533833654_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Greetings. I may have lost my earlier posting, so just in case, I'll try this again.

I just did a fresh install of Windows and Deadfire. I started a new game, saved it, and deleted all my old saves.

Now when I go to make a new save, I only have the option to over write my current save, or delete my current save.

Why do I not have the option to create a new save in a new save location?

I am running Deadfire on Steam, with Steam cloud saves enabled. ( all old saves were deleted )

Thanks in advance for your responses.

post-182211-0-08858700-1533834883_thumb.jpg

Greetings. I may have lost my earlier posting, so just in case, I'll try this again.

I just did a fresh install of Windows and Deadfire. I started a new game, saved it, and deleted all my old saves.

Now when I go to make a new save, I only have the option to over write my current save, or delete my current save.

Why do I not have the option to create a new save in a new save location?

I am running Deadfire on Steam, with Steam cloud saves enabled. ( all old saves were deleted )

Thanks in advance for your responses.

****UPDATE****

I started a new game, and all is as it should be.

I now have the option to create as many new saves as I wish.

Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

• Like 1

Greetings Today I reinstalled Deadfire after a fresh install of Windows 10. I started a new game and saved it.

Then I went into my saved games and deleted all of my old saves as I had no intentions of playing them again.

Now I see I have one save, which is the new one I just created.

My problem is, every time I go to save the game now it gives me no other option but to over write or delete my one and only saved game. Why am I not getting the option I've had in the past to create a new save in a new save location?

Is there a way to create more save locations?

I play this game using Steam, with Steam saves enabled.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

As the skull symbol next to your save indicates you have activated "Trial of Iron" ... in this mode you can only have one savegame.

• Like 2

Hey everyone!

Tommy has it exactly right( Thanks Tommy :) )  Trial of Iron mode is meant to be a very challenging version of Deadfire where there is only one save.  If you die in Trial of Iron, the save is deleted and the player must start the game over.

If you have any addition questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us!