with beast of winter, and latest patch, what is the best range dps class build single or multi one?  i heard BERATH PRIEST is op for AOE stuff?

what about multiclass ranger/x    zerker/monk/cipher? does it have good dps

don't really like to attack from stealth + maia is already scout.  I like open fire/spell from max-mid range.

Edited by s002wjh

Streetfighter Rogue+ Mortars (Serafen's starting and personal quest reward weapons). Is very powerful AoE DPS build. I have one designated DPS on my PotD team of 4 at the moment and she's more than enough.

Blunderbuss (mortars) modal gives you flanked, proc-ing streetfighter passive.

Only things to address for this build are: accuracy, reflex defense on enemies and suitability (minor). 

Multi-class options:

Best early:

+Goldpact/Bleakwalker paladin: FoD accuracy boost, and lots of defences

Best later/with scaling (penetration issues):

+Devoted Fighter: penetration/crit damage boost to mortars, defenses from fighter tree (care,accuracy bonus from Disciplined Strikes cancels Distracted from modal)

My current/Best late game(once you get to stolen instinct):

+Ascended Cipher: damage fills your meter in 2-3 shots, so bonus damage from ascended/cipher passives and free spells

note: +1 pen with weapons, stolen instinct accuracy and defenses boost and Body Attunment armor buff/malus to enemies

Other:

+Ranger: Early Accuracy, later Bouncing Shot passive

+ Literally anything will do, most of your damage come from Streetfighter+Mortars+Distracted From Modal+Sneak Attack Proc-ed from Cripling Strike/Confounding Blind (or any other malus from your team).

Notes:

-Don't cancel Distracted with any perception buff on accident

-May work extremely well with Barring death door + Distracted from priest (see the idea from The Undying)

No they don't. Because they can't come out of you pocket until PL 9. At that time the Deep Leap has done so many one-shots of groups that Minoletta's Missile Salvo peeks out, looks at the numbers and retreats grumpily into your pocket, sipping another cup of Earl Grey like old, bitter people do. ;)

The link is broken by the way.

Besides the obvious disadvatage of high PL access there are more:

- 4.5 sec casting time compared to normal weapon attack

- danger of getting interrupted

- friendly fire

- takes longer for the damage to apply

Anyway, I wasn't serious anyways. There is no "best" build. For example if one doesn't like rods or attacking from stealth it's a bad build. Same as an empowered Missile Salvo is a bad thing for anybody who doesn't want to use Empower or a single class wizard.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

what about multiclass ranger/x    zerker/monk/cipher? does it have good dps

don't really like to attack from stealth + maia is already scout.  I like open fire/spell from max-mid range.

Edited by s002wjh

No they don't. Because they can't come out of you pocket until PL 9. At that time the Deep Leap has done so many one-shots of groups that Minoletta's Missile Salvo peeks out, looks at the numbers and retreats grumpily into your pocket, sipping another cup of Earl Grey like old, bitter people do. ;)

The link is broken by the way.

Besides the obvious disadvatage of high PL access there are more:

- 4.5 sec casting time compared to normal weapon attack

- danger of getting interrupted

- friendly fire

- takes longer for the damage to apply

Anyway, I wasn't serious anyways. There is no "best" build. For example if one doesn't like rods or attacking from stealth it's a bad build. Same as an empowered Missile Salvo is a bad thing for anybody who doesn't want to use Empower or a single class wizard.

why not sharpshooter for subclass?

Totally viable.

I wanted a pet that I can use as bait and where it doesn't matter that it gets surrounded by enemies while I secretly plan to one-shot them as soon as they gathered around Frogfish. :)

For the times where Arkemyr's Dazzling Lights fail to lure enemies or just in the middle of combat.

I also guessed that lowering the deflection that I buffed with Mirrored Image (when getting attacked) might not be so cool.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods