The Dichotomous Soul - Damage too low; wrong type

AndreaColombo

Question

Saved Game: LINK

Steps:

1. Load the attached saved game.

2. Use the console to spawn a dummy (cre_dummy) to enter combat.

3. Select the Watcher and activate The Dichotomous Soul ability.

4. When the twins spawn, let them attack the dummy.

Observe both twins deal ridiculously low Crush damage, probably because they're using regular fists as weapons:

yZe15VH.png

Not only does this make no sense because the twins are made of fire and ice (and should therefore deal burn and freeze damage respectively); and not only because their fist damage and penetration should match the Monk's progression; but also because this is a PL 7 ability. If this is the damage they deal, this isn't worth a talent point at any PL.

Notes:

The issue has existed since release and had already been reported, but still exists as of 2.0.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 answers to this question

...aaaand wrong forum. Will ask a mod to move this.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hi AndreaColombo,

I've no idea where the original post was, but I can definitively assure you that this issue with Dichotomous Soul is now in our database and pending further investigation. Thank you for reiterating the issue and for providing your save file.

• Like 1

Wizard duplicates got the exact same problem and hopefully they were fixed. Look like even Dev never use the ability and forgotten about it.

Wizard's Phantoms use all the Wizard's items, including weapons. Since patch 1.2 at least.

Dichotomous Souls don't use the weapons but other items. I also think they just get regular fists. Since they don't use the abilities of the character the dmg is puny then.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods