phantom pain, secret horrors, mental binding, tenuos grasp

I think I would rather skip PL 4 entirely and use something from a lower PL than to use an ability point for Wild Leech.

Depends on the subclass as well. With a Beguiler I would mainly want to choose spells that target will and are deceptions, with a Souldblade I would want to pick shreds while with an Ascendant I would want to focus on fast casts. So in the last case Wild Leech might get a chance because the high cost doesn't matter at all - the only thing that matters ist that you can spam the spell as often as possible. 

I just mae a quick test and I have the impression that Wild Leech is not that random if you cast it repeatedly: I used it 6 times on six different enemies and every time I got a different inspiration so taht I ended up with +5 to all attributes after six casts. Coincidence? If not then it would def. be valuable for an Ascendant. Getting +5 to all attributes for a rel. long time is nice - although you mit still be better off if you just would have cast something else six times in a row - like Mind Lance for example.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think I would rather skip PL 4 entirely and use something from a lower PL than to use an ability point for Wild Leech.

Depends on the subclass as well. With a Beguiler I would mainly want to choose spells that target will and are deceptions, with a Souldblade I would want to pick shreds while with an Ascendant I would want to focus on fast casts. So in the last case Wild Leech might get a chance because the high cost doesn't matter at all - the only thing that matters ist that you can spam the spell as often as possible. 

I just mae a quick test and I have the impression that Wild Leech is not that random if you cast it repeatedly: I used it 6 times on six different enemies and every time I got a different inspiration so taht I ended up with +5 to all attributes after six casts. Coincidence? If not then it would def. be valuable for an Ascendant. Getting +5 to all attributes for a rel. long time is nice - although you mit still be better off if you just would have cast something else six times in a row - like Mind Lance for example.

In Poe 1 Wild Leech did not stack, if it stacks in Deadfire it's not that bad tbh.

In Poe 1 Wild Leech did not stack, if it stacks in Deadfire it's not that bad tbh.

It definitely stacks in PoE2 because in the cipher mod I made I changed wild leech to fire 1 projectile base + 1 projectile/cipher power level - that would be balanced as at high levels it averages to about 3 projectiles per cast four I think if you are ascended. 

It did stack in PoE - you just had to cast it on different enemies and then could stack it on your side as high as it can get. I managed to get +50 MIG once.

It does not stack in Deadfire.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Just reading that it looks like it chooses an inspiration you don't currently have, then applies that to you and the corresponding affliction to the enemy. It might also do the same check on the enemy, such as you have three inspirations, enemy has one affliction (of which you don't have the corresponding inspiration), so it picks one of the remaining two attributes.

I guess the next question would be which order did you get the inspirations in, and if you did same test again would they be in the same order?

Edited by thundercleese

Interesting. I tested it on a cipher wizard after casting eldritch aim and infuse with vital essence to see if you could control the inspirations it gives you. It put distracted on an enemy and it did nothing for me. I guess wild leech warrants further testing.

Is Borrowed Instinct considered an affliction?

I can't just skip an entire PL so I picked Wild Leech while playing a Trickster/Beguiler since it causes an affliction. Honestly I'm not in the love with the skill I just don't think it's the worst.

Edited by Verde

Well I just got Mind Lance on my Helwalker Ascendant (along with Duality, hehe). Have to be careful not to cause to much friendly damage... But boy does it rock when Ascended. Fast spam, attacks Will, interrupts, does good damage. Suddenly my build became a lot more effective and fun. Of course Duality helps massively as well (and dual aoe Stunning Fist).

So yeah, Wildstrike is a very poor pick, also on its powelevel. At least for an Ascendant.

It did stack in PoE - you just had to cast it on different enemies and then could stack it on your side as high as it can get. I managed to get +50 MIG once.

It does not stack in Deadfire.

Hm, I remember specifically trying it, but maybe I did cast it on the same target.

(I somehow doubt that but it's been a long while)

What I meant by stacking in Deadfire was related to your previous post about having different inspirations at the same time.

Well I just got Mind Lance on my Helwalker Ascendant (along with Duality, hehe). Have to be careful not to cause to much friendly damage... But boy does it rock when Ascended. Fast spam, attacks Will, interrupts, does good damage. Suddenly my build became a lot more effective and fun. Of course Duality helps massively as well (and dual aoe Stunning Fist).

So yeah, Wildstrike is a very poor pick, also on its powelevel. At least for an Ascendant.

Yeah certainly. Certainly not a skill to spam.

I think if you buff your frontline pierce damage ar with druid and or chanter spells (Takehu works well for that) you can probably spam Mind Lance all you want and not worry about killing your allies. I think Wookskin+CHanter's slash and whatever phrase will do the trick.