Unbroken/Streetfighter doesn't get Mirrored Image (which stacks with Fighter's Vigorous/Refreshing Defense) and thus might be somwhat squishier.

But it's of course pretty easy to get flanked. ;)

Stats could look like:

MIG: 15

CON: 15

DEX: 08

PER: 15

INT: 10

RES: 15

or so.

I also discovered that "Harpooning" of Mohora Tanga spear really scales with survival: not only the bonus damage, but also the PEN(!). I got 16 PEN with 20 survival. That's a lot of overopenetration... ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I also discovered that "Harpooning" of Mohora Tanga spear really scales with survival: not only the bonus damage, but also the PEN(!). I got 16 PEN with 20 survival. That's a lot of overopenetration... ;)

That's interesting, as I'm sure I saw in one of the patches that they removed the PEN scaling.

I was going to ask why you chose it over Stalkers Patience, as other than mince up it appears to be superior in every way. Now I know :grin:

Also, how bad does your rep need to be to spawn that boat? I'm assuming -4 or -5? And can you get there by slaughtering a bunch of civilians/guards in a random village, or is it mainly through quest/dialogue options. Finally, how hard is the ship fight? I'm assuming pretty tough; decked out junk, level 16+ crew, etc.

Stalker's Patience is really good as well. But it's Boreal Dwarf themed - so no option for my pure Mataru who only uses items of Huana origin. ;)

My Next build is going to be a dual wield Stalker with Stealth & Survival pegged using Stalker's and Morhoa Tanga.  I need to come up with a backup for skelies (prob just be lazy and make it Min+Tarn). Going to be an interesting playthrough LOL.

Monastic Unarmed Training increments it’s “quality” bonus every 3 PL (I think, maybe it’s 4) instead of every 2. It should still be decent as a backup weapon for a spear devoted againts skeletons, for example, and probably still makes a very solid main weapon for single class characters.

I tested it thoroughly at some point and just forgot exactly what the progression for monastic unarmed training is, but it's definitely slower than the monk passive. Of course, they start the same, and it's possible they overlap at some levels.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Unbroken/Trickster with Akola's Apex Ward (shield), Reckless Briandine, Mohora Tanga (spear) and Hold the Line + Persistant Distraction engages five enemies (6 with spear modal) without Defender Stance. So he applies Distracted to five enemies, gets +25% speed bonus from Mob Stance and 25% speed bonus from Reckless Brigandine once he engaged 5 enemies. Riposte with Mirrored Image adds a bit fun while tanking, so does Apex Ward's Crush retaliation, Into the Fray pulls enemies back who disengaged (if they survived), Mince-to (from spear) does the same AND adds additional 30% speed. Llengrath's Displaced Image balanced out the lower reflex of the Unbroken pretty nicely. Of course you should use Overbearing Guard as well. It just destroys enemies who disengage - because usually they get Deathblows + Sneak Attack + Overbearing Guard's bonus damage (50%) AND the Unbroken's bonus of +10 PEN on disengagement attacks. Usually you will crit and overpenetrate as well. Piles up nicely... :)

I chose the Whitewitch Mask because it looks super rad (just my opinion) with the shield and the rest of the gear (which is all Huana-themed). And it also raises the Trickster's Illusions. It also prevents you from getting pummeled to death because it triggers Repulsive Visage once you drop below 50% health. You will lose the engagements of terrified enemies but it's such a strong debuff that they be no threat anymore.

It's a great mix between tanking, crowd control (via engagement) and offense (attack speed, dmg mods). If you like more offense and less tankyness you can use Streetfighter instead of Trickster.

It's also nice to play from a role-playing perspective (if you want to play a Huana Mataru from the Archipelago).

I made a screenshot with a Wood Elf instead of an Aumaua - but I guess you get the picture. ;)

Hauana_Unbroken_Trickster.png?dl=1

Is this build possible to PoTD solo yet? Or only in party?