Why ain't Deadfire available in [insert language]

It turns out it is

I do Mods so posed a Q to the Devs, can I have a Welsh version?

I don't read the language but my family do.

It was  valid question.

One of my friends has done a Russian translation fixing Obsidian's translation errors - so why not Welsh?

It turns out this is fairly easy.

If you have good English - [some other language]  knowledge I can guide you on the exct deployment method. Let's say we want it in Japanese or Korean - yep no hassle

I will warn you that there is a LOT to translate and you need to keep the text in nuance - this is, by far, a simple deal for any but the bravest translator

PM me if you desire the howto change POE2 into [insert language]

I'm gonna run a limited test in Latin :)

• Like 2

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

I can't tell if this is pasta or not

His posting style :(

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What he wanted to say is, that you can do that:

https://github.com/AurelioSilver/pillarsofeternity-2-german-patch/blob/master/exported/localized/de_patch/language.xml

And have a new language to select ingame.

And yes. Translating it all could take a while, after all its 1 million words again. We will see what the Hungarian fan translation will become.

Edited by Xaratas
  • Like 1

My good friend, ahhh, you have returned :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

1 million words properly translated, so that style remains consistent and textual quality will not suffer, is at least a year of work for a good, experienced translator. So the OP is essentially just trolling.

I think we have pretty much established on these forums that the translations of Deadfire into other languages are, kindly put, utter rubbish.