[1.2] Deleterious Alacrity of Motion erratical behavior

AndreaColombo

Question

Saved game: LINK

Deleterious Alacrity of Motion isn't quite working well with its brand new +15% action speed bonus.

Here's what happened when I loaded up the save attached and used Aloth to run a few experiments:

• I cast Deleterious Alacrity of Motion once and it didn't give me +15% action speed, as shown both in the status effect tooltip and the weapon recovery tooltip. It worked just like it did before 1.2.

PiPQvr4.png

hwkHpWQ.png

• I cast Deleterious Alacrity of Motion again without waiting for the first one to expire and there we go—+15% action speed. Notice how the spell appears twice in the status effect tooltip, as the effects are clearly counted as separate (the first instance of the spell wasn't overwritten by the second one because the effect applied was different).

Yb8oxG8.png

• I then reloaded the save and cast the spell twice again. First time I got +15% action speed with nothing else; second time I got the DoT and nothing else.

coxMAdU.png

Guess the intended behavior is for Deleterious Alacrity of Motion to consistently grant Swift, the action speed bonus, and the DoT every time it is cast.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 answers to this question

Just checked the attack of the ability in the attacks.gamedatabundle.

The random behavior is because the status effects are set to be given randomly:

"RandomizeStatusEffect": "true",

should be

"RandomizeStatusEffect": "false",

In patch 1.1 indeed is set to false.

• Like 3

CzSyX91.jpg

Just checked the attack of the ability in the attacks.gamedatabundle.

The random behavior is because the status effects are set to be given randomly:

"RandomizeStatusEffect": "true",

should be

"RandomizeStatusEffect": "false",

In patch 1.1 indeed is set to false.

Hmmm why it is set to be true in 1.2 :D

Hmmm why it is set to be true in 1.2 :D

I suppose this is tongue-in-cheek, but just in case—it can't possibly be intentional. Not only does the spell's description imply you'll consistently get all effects every time, but their adding +15% action speed wouldn't make the spell better at all if the effects were random. Besides, wasting a cast just get DoT on yourself would be a deal breaker for any spell of any level.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Devs can you check if this is the intended behaviour?

Indeed in Deleterious_Alacrity_of_Motion_Self ("ID": "1477b054-5379-44d5-a9f5-6c07b168d287") attack, the randomize is setted to true: "RandomizeStatusEffect": "true"

Edited by TT1