No Random Encounters In Neketaka

Gary1986

Question

Hi Gary1986,

I do see this issue as logged but pending investigation. Would you be able to send me a save game and output.log so I can add this into the issue? It would help us with investigation.

Thanks!

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Hi Gary1986,

I do see this issue as logged but pending investigation. Would you be able to send me a save game and output.log so I can add this into the issue? It would help us with investigation.

Thanks!

-Caleb

Hi.

Edit: Heres my save

http://www.filedropper.com/teutatesperikisoverlookdbdbc772-f227-4d75-a2d3-a8df19f8b9f5810908204

Heres my output.log

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog

Edited by Gary1986

I got one after a pretty long time, but I've usually had several more random encounters in Neketaka by now. Maybe the chance rate was accidentially set too low?

edit: And another one after returning from doing a quick bounty.

Edited by smjjames

I got one after a pretty long time, but I've usually had several more random encounters in Neketaka by now. Maybe the chance rate was accidentially set too low?

edit: And another one after returning from doing a quick bounty.

I've yet to get any random encounters in Neketaka in my entire playthrough. Edited by Gary1986

I didn't have a single random encounter in Neketaka (over three separate simultaneous playthroughs) until I was level 16 and returned after doing Bekarna's Folly. Suddenly I got hit with three in a row. The other two playthroughs are still seeing 0 random encounters, though.

I had plenty of random events in the player timelines I did before the 1.1 patch, two were imported and one was custom made using the timeline editor thing. However, this run, I'm doing a dev provided player timeline, the Berath one. Before the patch though, I could sometimes go long periods without a random event, but they were there.

@everybody having problems: Were you using an imported timeline, a custom made one using the creator, or using a dev provided timeline? If it happens with a dev created timeline, that could help them narrow it down some.

I had plenty of random events in the player timelines I did before the 1.1 patch, two were imported and one was custom made using the timeline editor thing. However, this run, I'm doing a dev provided player timeline, the Berath one. Before the patch though, I could sometimes go long periods without a random event, but they were there.

@everybody having problems: Were you using an imported timeline, a custom made one using the creator, or using a dev provided timeline? If it happens with a dev created timeline, that could help them narrow it down some.

Custom made timeline using the creator

Edited by Gary1986

Hi Gary1986,

Thanks!

-Caleb

Did you manage to download my save and output log?

I'm having the same issue. I started playing from patch 1.1 and I have never seen a random encounter in my first full playthrough. Now on my second, and surprise, no encounters either.

Has this progressed from pending investigation to fix incoming? It's very frustrating to have a chunk of the game randomly denied to you and no fix incoming or at least a word on the current status.

I can provide the save as well if it will help.

Thanks.

• Like 1

-never mind-

-original post deleted-

LITERALLY as I hit submit reply and tried to trigger the Griffin Blade event for something like the thirtieth time, it triggered.  And I mean LITERALLY as I hit submit post, as I was posting this on a separate machine.

I do think though that the frequency of events is WAY  down from 1.1, so I don't know if the devteam wants to look into that or if anyone else has noticed this.

---

Sheeesh.  Almost paranoid that a trigger was sent from my IP to Obsidian and back to my other machine to get it to trigger finally. :lol:

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

Going to repost my original thoughts, slightly edited in lieu of my last post.

Ever since 1.2 dropped, I've seen a dramatic reduction in random events.  I've seen the rich merchant one, the 'item trap' (where the Principi try to mug you, using an item as bait) one and the rock blocking the Gullet one.

Aside from those I clearly remember, I'm just not seeing the random events in Neketaka that I recall seeing in earlier versions at the same rate.  I tried checking the gamedatabundles to see if the frequency is mentioned anywhere and came up empty.

I don't know if anyone else is having issues with random encounters but I wanted to chime in that it seems like it is down from 1.1, though it might just be, ahem, random luck.

*checks*

I just had to try to trigger the Skuldar event 29 times in a row before it finally happened.  And on other attempts, I tried for dozens of times before giving up in frustration.

Just throwing that data point out there,

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

still no random encounter for me after few playthrough. anyone has any idea how to fix this bug? obsidian just go silence after few patches. i guess that's what they are good at :/

???

Obsidian has been anything but silent on issues.  They've been responding to plenty of bug reports lately.

----

As a followup to a my prior post, I've gotten a few more random encounters, but usually I have to try to spam them by bouncing back and forth between zones in Neketaka repeatedly to get one to occur.  

Through my testing, I have found that if a random encounter will occur on a map transition between zones it will ALWAYS happen.  Makes it a bit easier to test various outcomes for them.

Does seem to be less frequent than before, as I noted.

I also know that many of the encounters have level restrictions tied to them.  The Griffin Blade one, for instance, won't happen until the Watcher is at least level 8.  Other ones have similar requirements.

• Like 1