Is Perception Needed for Chants like Dragon Thrashed or Soft Winds?

Yes. And every other universal accuracy bonus like Blessing, Gauntlets of Accuracy and so on. What also helps (and this might be a bug/oversight) is a single one handed weapon. This will give your offensive chants (at least Dragon Thrashed) +12 ACC. The one handed style does nothing though.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Of course you can - but then you won't get +12 ACC AND the shield's accuracy malus (if medium or large) will get applied to your chants. So in case of a large shield you'd have a difference of 20 ACC compared to a single weapon in the main hand (and nothing in the offhand).

Edited by Boeroer

If you want to tank I would use a small shield - that's a good compromise between accuracy and deflection/reflex. And later you can use the Little Savior which is the best shield anyways.

• Like 1

Wow I didn't know a single handed weapon affected spell accuracy.  So a single one handed caster is more accurate than one with a buckler/small shield.

Nope. It's only for chanter.

Wow I didn't know a single handed weapon affected spell accuracy. So a single one handed caster is more accurate than one with a buckler/small shield.

Only Chanters and only some phrases and one invocation (White Worms). Never got fixed.

• Like 1

It does not help that much though, because Graze and Crit only applies to linger duration. As long as you at least Graze, the effect and damages applies to the full phrase duration. Therefore, accuracy helps a bit but not as much as %damages increase for example.

A crit will increase the overall damage of Dragon Thrashed. For example if you'd normally apply ~60 damage with a hit you would apply ~80 with a crit.

And of course it helps a lot if you want to eliminate misses.

So, the overall dps rises with +12 accuracy. The question is if this is good enough to justify the loss of tankyness. If you have a priest and want to abuse the withdraw + chanting synergy I'd def. use a single weapon. You can also spec for shield use and just switch to a single one-handed weapon as soon as you don't get attacked. The bonus will apply immediately. You can switch back to shield as soon you get attacked again. The gain in deflection and reflex is also immediate.