Obsidian are not incompetent and lazy.

They don't feel subtly the level of necessary nerf.

The difference between classes, to keep a balance for each class. The best solution is to preserves a niche trump card. Wizard (High AoE damage, AoE debuff), Chanter (Buff, Paralyse) Druid (Stun, petrfication, AoE Overtime damage) Cipher (Charm + double buff) Priest (AoE buff + Single strong Debuff) Fighter (Safe single damage via accuracy) Rogue (High single damage) Barbarian (High AoE physical damage) ETC ETC.

Each class have a trump card and can do the job for others domains.

Chanters are kings at summoning and (in deadfire) at countering debuffs and AoE buffs. I don't know why they also get the best paralyze effect; used to be they were at best on par with Ciphers for that (Killers Froze Stiff had the same duration as Mental Binding in the first game, and a small close-range AoE, but was less spammable due to phrase cost; now it lasts (I think?) twenty seconds while MB lasts six).  

Not sure what you mean by "double buff" for Ciphers. Used to be that Ciphers were kings of crowd control (Charms, AoE debuffs, a fast paralyze, a strong AoE prone, etc) and then scondary-strong at damage casting (via disintegrate, detonate, etc.); there were a few strong buffs and debuffs but they were closer to Wizards than to Priests or Druids, more offensive than support. 

In Deadfire, they still have the charms but pretty much everything else is gone (prone and paralyze are much weaker effects now; most cipher buffs have been nerfed to the ground)  or dramatically less effective relative to other casters due to everyone else moving to per-encounter casting (a wizard can dump six different minoletta's versions in the time it takes a Cipher to build focus for and cast two Disintegrates), 

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

I think a couple items got over nerfed. The class balancing I think is good, some builds were just insane. I don't want the game to be balanced around cleaving stance nonsense and swift flurry infinite attacks. I think two handers need a relative buff, perhaps a pen/base damage increase and change some abilities from full to primary attack.

• Like 1

I saw fextralife's 1.1.0 patch video on youtube today and i have to say i disagree with most of the things devs are doing. While i completely agree difficulty veteran and potd should be increased greatly, i believe destroying what makes certain classes strong is absolutely wrong way to go. In first game i felt classes felt a little bland, they did not offer enough diversity between each other, only when you leveled them up you actually felt the real difference but in this game all classes i played were significantly different from the start which felt great. Since devs are readjusting difficulty i think they should scale weaker classes such as rogue or ranger up to others like monk or paladin or wizard and provide a properchallange on that medium. That way they would not be destroying certain builds completely while enabling others to rise.

ps (i also agree with items being too op, they have far too many affixes which stacks up alot when you have a full inventory)

What do you guys think on the patch changes?

i whole-heartedly agree with you. seems kind of a joke that obsidian version of difficulty is removing features, nerf and handicapping you (low accuracy vs. high enemies defense) swarming you with lots of mobs during low level of the game where you have no gold, no level and no gear. they call that "difficulty". such a big joke obsidian is making here.. i like to see my powerful party with all those awesome builds that community comes up with against high level opponents that uses strategy. but no. what obsidian is doing is eyeing the forum on whatever build the player come up with and nerf the hell out of it. seems incompetent and lazy.

Really melodramatic. If you want a compelling, difficult game with these mechanics you need accuracy to struggle vs. defences enough that it incentivises you to hit the worst defences and you need incentives to use buffs and debuffs properly. Many of the things that were nerfed were always going to be dominant strategies, which isn't healthy for overall balance.

• Like 2

I welcome the patch, but I would still strongly suggest that the devs take what is currently named PotD in the Beta patch and just make that into the new Veteran difficulty, then design an even harder PotD. A non-hardcore player like me should be having real trouble killing the bosses on PotD.

Endorsed.

Imo turn all abilities to primary attack is a wrong way to balance DW and 2H, full attack abilities cost source thus has limited use. Monk’s wound abilities are primary attack only because they are spammable, while stunning attack is full attack because it’s limited in source.

It would be easier to give 2h some extra pen and double their enchantment bonus. Their enchantment material cost is doubled, fair enough to give them double bonus.

• Like 1

It would be easier to give 2h some extra pen and double their enchantment bonus. Their enchantment material cost is doubled, fair enough to give them double bonus.

Better penetration than equivalent 1H or light weapons, yes, more enchantment bonus to damage, no. The increased damage should be baked into their higher base damage and penetration (and maybe accuracy) so that it scales consistently with other weapon types.