I feel priests are generally kind of lacking, but making Xoti a monk seems to really throw away how nice her weapons are. So a question would be, if I modded Xoti to be a chanter instead, would her shields restoration/inspiration affects help her chants at all, or are those concepts locked to priest spells? 

Leaning toward a Monk/Chanter atm. 

Edited by Faytte

...while I can't answer your question, I really really think you need to proofread your thread title.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I assume you're referring to console commands?

I keep Xoti as a priest because for all the new flaws of the priest class in Deadfire they're still pretty good to have.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

On PotD I've found her as a pure priest has done pretty well.

Her sickle and shield are pretty good and the spiritual summoned version has a nice lash. Priest spells help the party and by going single class she gets the better ones pretty fast.

You have the entire rest of the party to be damage dealers, having one priest to support the team seems a small price to pay. Plus aren't there like two or three companions who can be part Chanter already? 

Well if you're going to modify her to whatever you want, I would look at what class(es) make the most sense from an RP perspective.  Her whole deal is that she can absorb souls and put them into her lantern.  I would say maybe decide if you're going to have her go dark side or not?  Change the build based on that decision.  Dark side could be built as a DPS, kill steal type build with effects on kill.  Light side could be a more Priest oriented build?  

I would go with Priest/Chanter. The souls could pay off for that ride in lantern.

How do you mod companion class?

Some companions are harmed with poor selection of class.

Edited by evilcat

Am I the only one finding contemplative to work pretty well? Throw 1-3 decent buffs depending on the severity of the encounter then either start dropping pillars / iconic projections or smacking people with one fist?

• Like 1

Am I the only one finding contemplative to work pretty well? Throw 1-3 decent buffs depending on the severity of the encounter then either start dropping pillars / iconic projections or smacking people with one fist?

This is basically how I played Xoti on my first playthrough as a pure Priest build.  Worked very well even on POTD.

• Like 1

I've used her as priest, priest/monk, and monk. For a full companion setup I'd go with the multi. If don't mind using a druid/priest adventurer I'd make her a full monk.

I'm using her as Priest+Monk, the level 1 spell from her class actually makes for a solid finisher enabling her to get extra wounds and more damage from her sickle. She does fine as a healbot in a pinch but is a solid melee as well. Definitely stack Religion on her. Pure Priest seems like a waste, pure Monk works fine, but I prefer the combo because she gets the tools to make it work better than it would with a basic Priest/Monk build IMO. Although a Wael / Nalpazca would probably work.

You mean with one fist and one buckler, right? So good.

I stole a +3 resto power level ring in Gullet to compensate for Lantern buff loss (but they do stack with one another for a total of +5).

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

My main was a Monk / Berserker, so didn't need more melee, wanted her to level up cleric (buffs and heals) faster.  That level 1 Spell she has (unique to her) is crazy damage though.  If you were going to Monk with her I wouldn't lose the Sickle, it will outdamage Monk fists (especially with the +25% Action Speed buff that it has when near a corpse).

Edited by Lokithecat