I'm very confident on kickstarter. I don't play too much like ten years ago, but in 2013 almost all games I've played are kickstarter games:
- Expeditions Conquistador: A masterpiece in my opinion.
- Banner Saga Factions (the multiplayer combat game): I enjoyed a lot to play combats against people on the net. I haven't played yet the singleplayer history.
- Faeria: Nice card game (like Magic) to play on the net.
- FTL: The reference of rogue-like games
For the future (I backed all those and more):
- Pillars of Eternity is the Queen
- Tides of Numenera. If i had knew that it was turnbased, I wouldn't have bought it.
- The Last Door
- Legends of Eisenwald
- Sunless Sea
- Confederate Express
- RiverCity Ramson: Underground
LONG LIFE TO KICKSTARTER!!!