Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IanTheWizard

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanTheWizard

  1. == Update == Today, when searching for a solution, I was lucky to find a strategy suggested by @Boeroer . After I followed his instructions, the fight became so easy! All my party members are level-16 wizards. After reducing the Messenger's Fortitude defense and casting Combusting Wounds, I let three of my party members cast Wall of Flame and Ray of Fire, and an Evoker casted Ray of Fire and Minor Missiles. And then the Messenger's HP dropped so fast that it died in like 10 seconds!!! 10 seconds!!! 😆😆😆 Kudos to Boeroer for saving my day!!! P.S. Somehow, I could not reply to that thread. Hence the update here.
  2. Now 5 reputation with Huana and still had no luck. This might be a bug, but investigation is needed first.
  3. I got Concelhaut's Skull yesterday. The skull pet grants Visage of Concelhaut once per rest. The summon looks to be helpful, but it inflicts scales-with-character-level Raw Damage overtime to my Watcher. I haven't tried summoning it yet, but from the in-game description, it inflicts 6.5 Raw Damage per 3 seconds over 58.5 seconds to my level-15, 20-Intellect, back-line supporter Watcher, who currently only has 173 HP. That would be quite some damage. To deal with the damage overtime, I bought the following equipment today for my Watcher: Three Trolls Stitched (+5 Health Restored per 12.0 sec) Ring of Greater Regeneration (+3 Health Restored per 6.0 sec) And I'm also considering buying Lethandria's Devotion (+1 Health Restored per 6.0 sec, upgradable). However, the combination of their regeneration effects still does not outpace the damage overtime nor does they scale up with character level 🙁, let alone the damage overtime will further scales up when my Watcher levels up. One of my tanks is wearing Fleshmender (+5 Health Restored per 12.0 sec). I can probably give that armor to my Watcher, but he would then suffer +20% Recovery Time for wearing it. My party is an all-wizards party, meaning all characters are wizards. I have no healer in my party. So, aside from putting up more regeneration equipment and drinking healing potions, is there any efficient trick that can deal with such a scales-with-character-level Raw Damage overtime for my situation?
  4. @yorname Thanks for your input. My purpose was not to complain, but to inform the developers what I regard as a flaw in their quest design. In the future, I'll try to make such new threads of mine look more like insightful feedbacks rather than unhappy complains. But I can hardly agree that not being familiar with Concentration/Interrupt means not being ready for PotD. In the Normal difficulty, I guess players either win the fight without much hassle or lose the fight just like in PotD, and either case does not help players learn the mechanics in advance. As I described in my original post, the importance of the mechanics should have been communicated to players through in-game dialogues (or any other reasonable form of in-game education) rather than forcing players to learn through losing the fight.
  5. I'm playing on the PotD difficulty and my party is level-14. And I just had a failed attempt of beating The Messenger, who is the first boss of Beast of Winter. The fight is difficult for first timers, and it's not just me. A search on Google reveals that many players have the same thought. For example, see this Reddit thread. As a player said in the Reddit thread, this fight basically forces you to learn the Interrupt and Concentration mechanics. I'm fine with learning, but not in such a frustrating way. You should have educated players the importance of Interrupt and Concentration against a certain enemies outside of combats, such as having a sage or a wizard teaching you and emphasizing the importance of these mechanics in a dialogue or something. In my opinions, if a quest requires most players to learn the keys of its boss fight through party wipes, such a quest design is questionable. In real life, there is no such thing as learning through deaths.
  6. I'm playing on the PotD difficulty. In the early game, I tested initiating a deck-to-deck combat against a large ship just to see how many enemies were on it, and it was 16 in total. I thought: that's a lot of enemies and might not be easy to deal with if I do not have as many defenders as it does. For that reason, I have been avoiding fighting any ship and have been saving money for buying the largest ship (Junk) in order to have the maximum number of additional defenders for deck-to-deck combats. But after I finally saved enough money and bought a Junk, I realized that its maximum number of additional defenders is the same as Dhow and Galleon. That is, only 6 addition defenders. That's disappointing. Had I known that, I would have simply bought the cheaper Dhow. So, my question is, is there any point to buy a Junk if I only want to increase the maximum number of additional defenders for deck-to-deck combats?
  7. Me, neither. I currently have 4 reputation with Huana, and I'm still unable to convince the prince. Any help? I'm playing on the PotD difficulty, by the way.
  8. @yogurtking @BRUNO NEVES OLIVEIRA You're right. Thanks. After I turned in and completed the quest by telling Okaya the result, Galawain's boon started to work for me. Although we can see the boon (Savage Cunning) listed under Abilities in our character sheet after Galawain rewards it to us, the boon isn't working until the quest is turned in and completed. That's confusing. Hopefully, it can be fixed so that the boon starts to work right after Galawain rewards it to us.
  9. This time, it's The Shadow Under Neketaka quest. Do a Google search and you will see that other players, too, have said it's very difficult. So it's not just me. I'm talking about the fight of the first encounter, in which there are like 14 enemies (with reinforcements) and three of them are 3-red-skulls. Letting five level-11 characters handle those 14 enemies at a time is clearly a failed quest design. Also, this quest shows no skull (for my level 11 party) in the Journal, and that's severely misleading. Fix it. And stop misleading players. We play this game for enjoyment, not for these kind of sufferings.
  10. I'm talking about the Hunting Season quest. My party is currently level 10, and right after I step outside the Workshop I have to deal with a bunch of 3-red-skulls and 1-skull beasts and their druid buffers? Really? You can't just force such a brutal thing on a party of level 10 and expect it to do well. In the early game, we have the notorious Engwithan Digsite area. And in the mid game, we have this nonsense. Time to fix them!
  11. I'm playing on the PotD difficulty. My party is currently level 9. After I saw that the skulls of Poko Kohara quests disappeared from my Journal, I went to do the quests expecting them to be not hard. But the first boss, the Engwithan Titan, is 2-skulls. Well... I can accept that. After all, it is a boss. But the three risen undeads, which ambushed my party from the back, are 2-skulls, too. Well... um... alright. But then there were even more adds (three sand blights and two sand beetles) coming to ambush my party. Developers, you can't be serious. Holding off the titan and dealing with the risen undeads already costed one of my companions and lots of my spells/abilities. How would you expect me to handle the second wave of ambush? Also, if a boss fight involves multiple 2-skulls enemies and even more adds, the Journal should have reflected that. The current Journal shows no skull on these quests, and I think that's misleading.
  12. After renaming my ship, the first scripted dialogue (the very first unavoidable encounter after you leave the Maje Island) still uses the default ship name. I had tried creating a hard manual save, and then completely quitting to the main menu, and then quitting the game. But after I relaunched the game, the issue persists.
  13. I finished this playthrough today. From what I have observed, combats which happen inside the main hall will have the loot available for you after the transition of screens. The combat against Cean Gŵla and Spectres is another such example.
  14. I only have two stronghold hirelings so far: Crucible Knight Mercenary Mindstriker I have noticed that Crucible Knight's endurance cannot self-restore. That is, when a Manual Resolve starts, his endurance begins with what it was at the end of the previous Manual Resolve. Also, he cannot be healed by healing scrolls. I haven't paid much attention to Mercenary Mindstriker about his self-restoration of endurance, but I had confirmed that he can be healed by healing scrolls.
  15. The magic item Ifen's Cradle isn't working. In Northweald, I tested using the magic item on an Adragan who had the Woodskin buff. After using the magic item, nothing happened, not even a visual effect. And the uses of the magic item reduced by 1, and the Adragan's Woodskin buff was not suppressed.
  16. I cannot get the WM2 bounty quest Bounty: Lafda from the quest giver Asca. The wanted is Lafda, who was involved in a previous WM1 quest Regrets Worth Trading. Although I got the WM1 quest from the quest giver Okrun and talked to Lafda about Okrun's issue, I decided not to complete the quest. After I progressed to WM2, Lafda left the temple. Now even though Asca says she still has more quests for me, the option of Bounty: Lafda is not showing up in the dialogue. By the way, the reason I decided not to complete the Regrets Worth Trading quest is because I thought Okrun agreed to give up those items and he should be a man of his words. Perhaps the dialogue could be added a few more options for convincing Okrun to be a man of his words and stop trying to retrieve those items; I don't mind if the reward is less or even no reward. Of course, this is just my thought and is not urgent. As long as the aforementioned bug could be fixed, I would be fine.
  17. The enemy in my test was a Flesh Construct in Sanitarium in Brackenbury. I'm playing at the Path of the Damned difficulty. Test about DeflectionThe Flesh Construct's original Deflection was 54. After I debuffed it with Aspirant's Mark (which applies -8 Deflection ... etc), its Deflection became 46. After I further debuffed it with Curse of Blackened Sight (which applies Blinded, which applies -20 Deflection ... etc), its Deflection became 34. Test about ReflexThe Flesh Construct's original Reflex was 45. After I debuffed it with Aspirant's Mark (which applies -8 Reflex ... etc), its Reflex became 37. After I further debuffed it with Curse of Blackened Sight (which applies Blinded, which applies -20 Reflex ... etc), its Reflex became 17. Conclusion and questionApparently, debuffs to Deflection do not stack with the Blinded status effect, but debuffs to Reflex do. Why is there such a discrepancy on the stacking of debuffs?
  18. After a wizard casts Infuse With Vital Essence and the combat ends before the spell expires, the amount of Health gained from the spell isn't going away. In other words, you can actually "heal" your Health with this spell.
  19. I got an equipment whose spellbind (Exalted Hands) provides a healing effect. The original healing amount is +53.3 Endurance. But after I let one of my level 10 wizards equip it and check the information of the healing effect through his quick bar, I'm seeing the healing amount is surprisingly high. As the attached image shows, the healing amount has become +142.2 Endurance. He has 20 Might, which grants +30% Damage and Healing, and he currently has no other healing boosting effects. Isn't the healing amount supposed to be just (53.3 + 7 × 3) × 1.3 = +96.59 Endurance? Could it be that a bug is causing the healing amount to become so high?
  20. One of my wizards is using a wand which does Pierce/Crush damage. I enchanted the wand with "+25% Shock Damage" Secondary Damage. And then one of his brief combat log entries reads: [Character Name] hits Magma Blight for 15 Pierce damage. And the detail is: Acc:84 - Def.:73 = 11. Roll:70 + 11 = 81 (Hit). 15.5 - DR:0.0 = 15.5 Pierce + 4.6 Shock. Did the 4.6 Shock actually work and successfully damage the enemy? I'm asking this because I don't see the 4.6 Shock showing up at the end of the brief combat log entry.
  21. I picked up a quest item named Battered Helm somewhere in The Great Hall of Durgan's Battery. and therefore I automatically received the quest Garodh's Chorus. Then I proceeded to the lower level (The Mines). After some combats, I needed to go to rest, so I went upstairs. As soon as I went upstairs and entered The Great Hall again, I saw a hint that I sensed the presence of a piece of the helm and I should search The Great Hall for it. That hint is misleading because I already picked up the piece (Battered Helm).
  22. I just finished the 5th manual resolve, which was Trolls and Oozes attack, too. I tested the same action I did previously (pause to check the status of my soul bound item), and the result was being able to loot, too. I thought perhaps the action is an exploit, so I reloaded and did the manual resolve again. This time, I did not use the action, and the result was still being able to loot. So, it looks like Trolls and Oozes attack provides loot. But more tests might be needed.
  23. Since my last reply, I have done 4 more manual resolves. The one I just did is the 4th, and it was against Trolls and Oozes. After the screen shifted back to the normal status, I was lucky to be able to loot. I did not use the trick of hitting the pause key nonstop. After all monsters were defeated, I only paused one time (when my party was still in the combat stance) to check the status of my soul bound item.
  24. This same event just happened once again: I sent someone to escort him to leave, again.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.