Everything posted by Wormerine
-
raNdOM vidEo game newSS
- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
You see, the problem with adaptations of big games like Uncharted, that those games just borrow from movies. So when you adapt those games you kinda just steal from better movies that were made before. Huh, looks line inoffencive watch it on netflix film.- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
Is that news? No, but it will do:- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
Hellooooo norse- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
That takes me back. Somewhere back in my parents place there is a black book, with combined Lem's Solaris and The Invincible stories. Loved this stuff as a teenager. It's been a while, but I will be honest I fail to recognise anything familiar in the trailer.- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
- PoE 2 Deadfire - what makes this game so special in isometric/party/tb rpgs?
Wormerine replied to speedy's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)I think I liked the most games that switch between linear and open design - they have more open acts, but also have "gates" through which you can't (or are unlikely) to progress until to dealt with the open are available for you, and some strong more linear bits, to give the game momentum. I did find PoE1 gates a bit too artificial. On the other hand, I adore White March, which while it offers some freedom, is very structured when it comes to main story areas.- The Problem With Turn-Based: Not in POE
Wormerine replied to Stardusk78's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)What are you raving about? Both chess and checkers are turn based... I get that you are claiming that somehow turn based games automatically have more depth - but both RTwP and TB modes use the same system, have very similar depth and complexity. Really the only thing that changes is player bias, depending if you prefer TB or RTwP pace. I am also not sure what military training has to do with a story driven fantasy RPG. Most (some?) of us don't expect games to teach us how to kill people, especially that I can't cast fireballs in real life. Playing a tactics/strategy game is not exactly meant to be a military excercise, I don't think. I would feel guilty about playing them, otherwise.- The Problem With Turn-Based: Not in POE
Wormerine replied to Stardusk78's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Well, aside from (as far as I know) unresolved bugs it introduced to RTwP gameplay. Correction: you can’t manage your party, and don’t have enough attention span to play the tactical side of a game in a RTwP setting. I don’t mean it as an offence. It’s just has higher skill floor to be enjoyed - as on top the tactical gameplay you have to deal with time management, even if it’s as simple as pressing pause at he right moment. I do think that Turn-based makes games like that more approachable, and it seems that even as flawed as turn based implementation was in PoE2, it did bring new audience to the title.- PoE 2 Deadfire - what makes this game so special in isometric/party/tb rpgs?
Wormerine replied to speedy's topic in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)Deadfire Post-Mortem & Reputation System.- Avowed Game- why the not on the Ps4 and Ps5 Console!
They also purchased inXile, Double Fine and Ninja Theory (I think those are all major independed studios I care for). Sony did some purchasing on their own lately, though nothing as major. In short, Microsoft has been lagging behind exclusive front for some time. I think it tried to build some new studios and failed. So they decided to go out shopping, and bought bunch of great independed studios promising to not interfear into their culture and help them continue doing what they are doing. We will see how it will turn out. Psychonauts2 was IMO great, thought that's been in production long before the acquisition - however, according to Shafer the game benefitied a lot from Microsoft money when nearing the finish line - for example bosses would be cut from the final release otherwise. To me it is worrying that a massive corporations acquired some of the most succesfull mid market AA studios (honestly, not as moved by Bethesda). That biggest gain, is that now, once again, we can dream of Obsidian lead Fallout game :-). Now Microsoft needs to buy Paradox, so we can dream about Tyranny2, as well.- Avowed Game- why the not on the Ps4 and Ps5 Console!
Ups First of all PS4 should be way out of date by then (and maybe one will be able to buy PS5!) That said, Microsoft purchased Bethesda as well. So no Elder Scrolls6 for Sony customers either. Just as Starfield will be XBOX/Windows exclusive Edit. I understand your frustration. As a PC user, I am just happy that Sony started to port their titles. I just hope it will continue that way. I am more heartbroken about Bayonetta2&3 being outside my reach without buying a Nintendo console - something I have little interest in otherwise. The upside is that games like Bayonetta2&3, Avowed, Uncharted and others would happen without exclusivity deals. Obsidian would be in no position to tackle something of the scale of Avowed if rumors about it are true. Microsoft provides financial security and other resources, but in return requires for the game to be made for their platform.- Avowed awesome suggestion
From Windows Central preview:- Windows Central Avowed preview
As far as I know that is a plan. (yay, for me, woe for others) Am surprised that there are classes though - curious if it is class system, or "class-like" classless system. I like what I hear about my interactions - I want as much of "Arcane-like" in my "Skyrim-like".- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
Created new thread on Avowed subforum, but finally there is some small news about avowed: https://www.windowscentral.com/details-xbox-exclusive-avowed-obsidian-outer-worlds-meets-medieval-fantasy- Windows Central Avowed preview
https://www.windowscentral.com/details-xbox-exclusive-avowed-obsidian-outer-worlds-meets-medieval-fantasy- Avowed Game- why the not on the Ps4 and Ps5 Console!
And why doesn't Sony release their 1st party titles for XBOX? The reason Sony invensts in Naughy Dog and Co. is to sell their consoles. They wouldn't make God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Spider-man and others, if they couldn't lock their games behind their console, because they are not really selling games - they are selling hardware. Microsoft does the same thing: 1) It bought bunch of established studios to catch up 2) is more PC friendly by released them on PC on launch (and on game pass!) Both companies are less in game development business, and more is sell a console/subscriptions business. Microsoft wouldn't otherwise invest so heavily in those studios. Lets just hope that Microsoft exclusive efforts will be as good as Sony's.- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/eidos-montreal-are-switching-to-a-four-day-workweek- What are you Playing Now? Games = Life
Yes, especially mission design was.... basic to say the least. Even so, I liked tone of SC1 more. SC2 is strangely conflictless for a game about 3 waring actions. I think that's why I like Wings of Liberty far better then other two - conflicts are still within factions within the universe, not magic-big-bad-guy.- What are you Playing Now? Games = Life
Yakuza: Like a Dragon. It's gut. Not sure about jRPG combat - I always through that action packed brawler was a nice balance to running around and chatting. As is, the game is overall low energy - though I do appreciate how hilarious the skills are. Liking Ichiban quite a bit. He is just as entertaining as Kiryu, just in a more derpy way. Also returned to Starcraft2. Finally after over 10 years, I have a PC that can run it well... Turns out, that my time spent in casual coop mode, actually made me a better player. Finally can comfortably multitask. Completed Wings of Libery on brutal, and outside the last mission I didn't have much trouble with it - while previously I have been struggling on hard. Am midway through Heart of the Swarm. Dang, I forgot how much the game drops in quality after the first campaign. Also I am still upset with how they twisted the characters for the sequel, and overal how garbage the story is.- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
So that’s what jealousy feels like.- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
My heart skipped a beat, as GOG released season 1 of the Hitman reboots. Alas, looking at 1 star reviews the always DRM nonesense is still there. Shame.- What are you Playing Now? Games = Life
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but why are they semi-romances? As far as I remember they are more or less what came in later titles (BG2 onward).- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
I don't know about gamedec, but I definitely wouldn't describe Disco Elysium as an adventure game - it's RPG through and through.- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
- raNdOM vidEo game newSS
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.