Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. We'll meet half way and ensure that it's horse... armor!
  2. Ah yes, I'm sure there'd be the regular supplier that we could all just call up. Y'know, to protect us from the tyranny. Lets make lots of assumptions, use safe and non-committal words like "likely" and "probably,' and assume all our assumptions are all true, and have a parting shot that everyone else is in "lala land." Serious statement: If I wanted to get some marijuana (something I don't even think should be illegal) right now, I actually have no clue how I'd go about doing so. It probably wouldn't be that hard if I really wanted to, but there's barriers to doing so especially on an impulsive basis. I'd have to some investigation. I know precisely where Cabela's is (it's a big store 5 minutes away from me) and I could go buy a gun and ammunition right now. But you also have some anecdotes! I personally know someone that would've been a murderer but didn't have access to a gun. He cooled down. He's not a murderer. I win right? Anyone that suggests that a ban on guns may have stopped the shootings is 100% correct. It may have. We don't know, because that's not the reality. I agree with Zor that with the US, it's likely far too late to really put forth any sort of effective ban since there's so many firearms already out there. The real tragedy is that it's a large nation that really feels that they need them because the world is out to get them otherwise. Hah! This is probably me. And several of my friends. Given that we appreciate when games use realistic firearms, and when watching a movie we try to ID them. Still, I went to a firing range once and shot a Glock and immediately jammed the pistol because I didn't know how to shoot it properly. Unfortunate, since the media had convinced me that my gaming prowess and time spent in murder simulators should have made me a pro
  3. Not sure I can agree with this. Unless you have connections with some sort of criminal element, I don't know if he'd be able to acquire the weapons as easily.
  4. Work is throwing a party on the 21st, which is always a grand old time. Will chill and relax for a few days, see the parents on Christmas Eve and Day. Supposed to get two weeks off but have some big deliverables coming up in january, so I was asked to come in. Though I'll be getting bonus vacation days in lieu, so in the end I still come out ahead, and I can take the time off in the summer when motorcycles will be more fun to drive
  5. Since you mention that, it did come up here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/17/ten-country-comparison-suggests-theres-little-or-no-link-between-video-games-and-gun-murders/
  6. I figure it's just a much more awesome companion than a dog ^_^
  7. It couldn't have hurt....
  8. For first degree homicide I can see it. How about things like second degree homicide and manslaughter? Guns are used because they are effective at killing people, and eliminate most of the physical barriers that may otherwise prevent someone from taking out a target. I feel that it's trivial that guns make killing easier. So with the substitution effect, do you feel that by removing a tool that makes killing easier, we would still see the same total number of homicides? (within reasonable discrepancy of course).
  9. You had them filled with all your vehicles, pets, robot jukebokses and other absolutely necessary stuff for survival? Nope. I have about 5 or 6 for the regularly used things like my vehicle. I was running out of convenient hotkeys as well (and their modifiers, Shift, Alt, numbers and letters).
  10. I agree with the notion that TOR has skill bloat though. I was pretty much running out of quick slots and I think I had 48 of them...
  11. Listing anecdotes of a firearm being present helped things out can go on all day. There's an anecdote of a knife wielding maniac in China that injured several children but (last I checked anyways) killed none.
  12. Which ending? The first one? I went neutral.
  13. My Mom and I will have to disagree!
  14. I enjoyed Mark of the Ninja.
  15. It IS a romanceable companion....
  16. They did have Han freaking Solo on their side. And Tarzan Chewbacca! (Though the results of the conflict is really just that the Shield Generator blows up. Not much visibility on what happens after)
  17. It was GoA's idea! Well, and Volourn's.
  18. Nope. Just romanceable companion.
  19. I'm sure I'm just stating the obvious here, but I always enjoy how it's always the other side that is blindly devoted. Never the side I am on. Carry on
  20. Huge props to Feargus for being candid. Dislike the people that blanket Obsidian (for positive or negative) by either blaming them entirely or omitting blame altogether for the issues that they have had with their games.
  21. ROFL I didn't realize we had Tower of Hanoi in it. That's hilariously awesome XD
  22. LOL I didn't even fully read the article. It just delivered what was needed in the first sentence (British English). Since I'm a Canadian, most of our writing is still in British form. Although in some cases we use American spelling. Grey instead of Gray Favourite instead of favorite. Actually, that 'u' comes up an awful lot. Honour. Flavour. And so forth. This might be clearer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-our.2C_-or
  23. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Favourite��

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.